Pan-Africanism : WHY HAS PAN AFRICANISM FAILED TO DELIVER

kaguvi

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 8, 2005
Why has pan-Africanism failed to deliver on its promises ?

As we celebrate the rich ideological platform of Pan-Africanism through blood, sweat and struggles of Black men and women.
We must also examine why Pan-Africanism has not yet delivered as the total emancipator of the Africans.

Todays Pan africanism was meant to:feeding the people,creating jobs and strengthening the middle class, prevent conflicts through preemptive or resolution templates,enhancing ecological well-being and preventing uncontrolled spread of plagues.

In my opinion Pan africanism today is different from The first Pan-Africanists or Pan-Negroists were African Americans were fighting racism as well as racially-legitimised colonialism.

Than Pan-Africanism was an adversarial, radical, anti-Western democracy struggle or an anti-white racial program.

Today we see it as a Renaissance movement that focuses on establishing a particularly unified African identity while also positioning for global trade
partnerships, poverty alleviation, qualitative education, superior healthcare deliveries, infrastructure development and maintenance, capacity
development and utilization, scientific and technological development, investment and private sector development in a free market economy.

Sadly ALMOST a hundred years after the first Pan-African Conference, it has failured to do any of this things.

Pan-Africanism - aims at African unity first and foremost.

But yet it has failured to prevent African states remaining economically dependent on Western metropolitan structures.

Most of our Ideally Pan african leaders are merely servants,icons of the social
group they stand for.we end up hating
Those who are leader-oriented equate, for instance, Robert Mugabe and Zimbabwe's Chimurenga.
This implies the need to rubbish all Zimbabweans who feel that Mugabe no longer speaks for them: "They are brainwhitewashed, ungrateful, treacherous and deserve being disciplined."

Pan african leaders made the mistake of thinking Attainment of independence was an end in itself. There was failure to see that while the colour of those in power had changed, those who took over the reins were still human like their predecessors.

The Pan African movement was largely anti-Colonial and now there does not seem to be much collective effort in eradicating neo-colonialism as crisis has become more localized.

omowalejabali said:
The Pan African movement was largely anti-Colonial and now there does not seem to be much collective effort in eradicating neo-colonialism as crisis has become more localized.

There's still alot that has to be done, but I think we as African-Americans have to tighten up the home front on things in our own community. I'm not against dialogue with Africans thats very good, but its us we have to worry about more, Africans have enough problems of their own.

Charlie_Bass said:
There's still alot that has to be done, but I think we as African-Americans have to tighten up the home front on things in our own community. I'm not against dialogue with Africans thats very good, but its us we have to worry about more, Africans have enough problems of their own.

I agree we have to tighten up the "home front" and as far as I am concerned the process by which that needs to be done was clearly outlined by Dr. kwame Nkrumah in two books, "Class Struggle In Africa" and "Handbook of Revolutionary Warfare".

In "Neo-Colonialism:The Last Stage of Imperialism" Dr. Nkrumah wrote extensively concerning the problem of Balkinization and the united states role as a neo-colonial power was exposed in "Dark Days in Ghana".

By exposing neo-colonialism "at home" we further advance the cause of pan Africanism but this movement need unification and coordination "at home and abroad".

omowalejabali said:
I agree we have to tighten up the "home front" and as far as I am concerned the process by which that needs to be done was clearly outlined by Dr. kwame Nkrumah in two books, "Class Struggle In Africa" and "Handbook of Revolutionary Warfare".

In "Neo-Colonialism:The Last Stage of Imperialism" Dr. Nkrumah wrote extensively concerning the problem of Balkinization and the united states role as a neo-colonial power was exposed in "Dark Days in Ghana".

By exposing neo-colonialism "at home" we further advance the cause of pan Africanism but this movement need unification and coordination "at home and abroad".

Unification would be good, but alot of Africans I've talked to said at times we[African-Americans] seem a little indecisive about what we want. That cannot be if we are going to advance. Alot of people say we need another Malcolm X, but Malcolm was a once in a lifetime black leader. Black leaders is not what we need, what we do need is for more black men to act like real men. Black women got their act together, they don't half step.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back