why fight?

Perhaps there is some jealousy and egoism involved but I have not seen it on the part of the intellectual memers we were blessed to have. From what I have seen they tried their best to be civil inspite of constant provocation which finally did them in. For some reason this situation reminds me of MacBeth. Keep doing watcha doing and you will see why.

As I continue reading the negro thread my feeling is that this is neither jealousy nor ego. The last time I saw people act this way was when my sister bought a Pokemon doll for her daughter. This sort of nonsensical bickering cannot be addressed with logic and reason since it is a total loss of both. Those who know how to pray and retain the spirit of love need to do so with all their might or we will see much worse than this on an escalating basis.

I'm serious. If we value this site we must stop intellectualizing and come together. No more of this :tennis: But plenty of this :grouphug:

I still think it's jealousy and envy.

Why else would grown men fight and show so much passion if it isn't over status and respect in the community?

It's not the women doing the fighting...it's the men.

If it's just "black folks acting up" then why aren't the women chasing eachother all over the forums scrapping and taking shots at eachother?

Also, we must understand that some people just love to challenge and debate by nature.

It's not necessarily negative but hell, if we're always agreeing with eachother then what's the point of posting?

Some people like challenging and debating different points of view more than others, but like I said.....when it starts getting personal and the beef gets carried from thread to thread...then it becomes a problem.

James you ask why do we fight?

I can't speak for anyone else's personal beefs but as far as me and Sam go....

To be totally honest with you all I believe I mistook brother Sam's style of posting as a personal sign of disrespect and an act of aggression.

When you take a person's post and break it down line by line declaring your approval and disapproval on every little detail they write....as he does....most people will see that as a challenge.

That's what he did to me when he first got here and that's how I took it, and the heat was on ever since.

Not until a few weeks ago did I take time to find out that he did that with everyone and that's just his style.

I suppose it's too late, but I don't know how many people I can bust their posts down line by line showing my approval and disapproval declaring what is right and what is false and they not either be offended or see it as a challenge.

So I believe we got off on the wrong foot.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back