Black People : why don't we speak to each other??..

Nubian One said:
It’s things like this that make me be like man, I’m just going to keep quiet and not say anything. But that’s just not in me. Also, I actually get more feedback from other women. Like I mentioned before I speak to everyone regardless, I get a better response from women than men.

Don't do that sister, you continue to speak. By doing so, maybe you will encourage others to do that same. It is sisters like you that will break this inexcusable custom that has developed among the younger generation in our community.

Nubian One said:
intriguing responses!..

It’s things like this that make me be like man, I’m just going to keep quiet and not say anything. But that’s just not in me. Also, I actually get more feedback from other women. Like I mentioned before I speak to everyone regardless, I get a better response from women than men.

Even if I’m in the elevator and it’s me and another individual I’ll try to spark a small convo. But it’s all about the vibes, if I feel like I should bother than I don’t.

Another ISSUE I have is the whole door holding thing. If I hold the do for you.. what should you say .. THANK YOU, right? I don’t know maybe I’m an old fashion one but.. I always say Thanks or something..it’s pretty simple. I mean, if I don’t hold the door for someone behind me I’d be considered rude. Sometimes to be smart I’ll say you’re welcome even though they didn’t say thank you. I may be in the wrong just as much as they are by saying that but I really can’t deal with it anymore.

Daul, I agree with about the whole cell phone phenomenon.. It’s nothing wrong at all with using your cell phone outside or in a public place because after all is it a MOBILE phone but everything should be done decently and in order. I don’t want to hear abut Pookie getting off house arrest, or that Peaches is pregnant again.

Nubian One,

Since I moved to Texas I have found a similar experience, but in reverse. The Black WOMEN here seem to speak the least when spoken to and many will just glare at a Brother without speaking. And, the worst one's are some of the least attractive.

The white women are different. Many of them also don't speak but will give a Brother a funny smile. But there are many more wo are TOO friendly.

In California, this is something Brother complained about all the time. Especially on college campuses. The Sisters would complain about the "Black male shortage" but not speak to the few around campus. After awhile, Brothers would stop paying them attention and start dealing with "others".

panafrica said:
JamesfrmPhilly has pretty much verified "some" black men do this as well
i'm not sure what i verified. i do not speak to females as it is just too much of a problem. if they speak to me, i will return the greeting.
back in the day, we all spoke to each other and was warm toward each other. that has all been done away with now. i am not interested in having my good mood broken by some negative black female.
i am a good black man, i don't say nothing or bother a sister.

jamesfrmphilly said:
i speak to men all the time, i just don't speak to women.
i'm tired of the bad vibes i get back from sisters.

jamesfrmphilly said:
i'm not sure what i verified. i do not speak to females as it is just too much of a problem. if they speak to me, i will return the greeting.
back in the day, we all spoke to each other and was warm toward each other. that has all been done away with now. i am not interested in having my good mood broken by some negative black female.
i am a good black man, i don't say nothing or bother a sister.

Brother James ... what a sad commentary. You no longer speak to Sisters?! Because they do ... what?!

If any one has to treat a whole 'nuther group of us, any such way as you've described, i'd suggest they search themselves. I doubt seriously that any whole group of us, can be at fault, while there's no need to improve your own presentation, Spirit, etc.

All i'm saying is, it may not be all the Sisters, it may be you ... may be.

At least consider that, before writing us all off, never speaking to us again.

If after giving it your best consideration, and you still come up with this one and only resolution to the challenge ... well ... do what you must.

Love You Brother James.

:heart:

Destee

panafrica said:
Don't do that sister, you continue to speak. By doing so, maybe you will encourage others to do that same. It is sisters like you that will break this inexcusable custom that has developed among the younger generation in our community.

Brother Pan ... if the younger generation has inexcusable customs, it is the generation before them (which you are a part of) that is to blame. They were / are their teachers. I'm just say'n ...

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back