Black People : Why don't we have jobs for our youth? Is it our fault or someone else's?

Greetings Sister Destee....

I was talking with a friend the other day ...who just open his second shoe shine parlor. For him, his plan was to hire kids...to teach them how to shine shoe and make plenty money doing it. But his problem has been the kids don't want that type of job....We both started out shining shoes at the same time back in 65...we both made great money...heck I had the latest style in clothing...saved money for a rainy day and help my Mom out with the bills. It was easy to earn $45-$65 sometimes even $100 a day. He has told me that a person can make twice that today. But the kids don't want that type of job. So he was force to hire adults ..By the way..I'm going to have to get back to him to see how he's going to handle Obama's new Health-care plan. Is he going to pay the penalties or offer a health plan. Marriage and Health-care was my main reason for leaving that job.

Lilpea..:1on1:

Are you factoring in black sports mainstays who make millions dribbling basketballs/or swinging a bat as a baseball game?

Thisjust isn't the era folks like us came of age in the midst of..

Even if some of today's black generations belabor under illusions leading to wrongheaded conclusions, we do need to be candid and honest as to the reasons why...

FYI.

Not unless and until you as well as others exibit more respect towards our relations intelligence, etc., then present a plan of action they can and will go for, don't for one minute presume/assume you can talk about --or to them-- about what to do-- with what came from the sweat of their labors--not yours--to begin with! FYI...

GREETINGS CHUCK.....

IT'S A BIT REFRESHING TO BE CONFRONTED WITH YOUR PERSPECTIVE....YET AGAIN....

YOU SAID : ++ Not unless and until you as well as others exibit more respect towards our relations intelligence, etc.,++

CHUCK....PLACING VALUE IN OUR FUTURE....IS NOT AN EASY TASK....

WITHOUT RESPECT FOR ONE ANOTHER....NOTHING WORKS.....

AND IN YOUR CASE , CHOOSING TO BE OFFENDED BEFORE TAKING TIME TO ABSORB....ONLY REVEALS THAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A CONFRONTATION....AND IT APPEARS THAT YOU ARE STILL LOADED WITH IMMATURITY....

THE TRUTH IS....OUR CHILDREN.....ARE OURS.....AND NO ONE ELSE'S....

WE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEM......BY THE PRINCIPLES & STANDARDS WE SET UPON OURSELVES....AND NOT BY THE STANDARDS WE WERE FORCED TO PRACTICE........

WHY ??..

BECAUSE ITS THE SAME PRINCIPLES & STANDARDS THAT WE WERE FORCED INTO.......THAT IS AT THE VERY ROOT OF THE DYSFUNCTION THAT DOES NOT ALLOW US TO ENFORCE..... THE GOLDEN RULE THAT THE FOUNDERS OF SEVERAL BLACK COLLEGES REPEATEDLY SAID.....

" NEVER AGAIN "....

YOU SAID : ++ don't for one minute presume/assume you can talk about --or to them-- about what to do-- with what came from the sweat of their labors--not yours--to begin with! FYI... ++

CHUCK....NO PRESUMPTIONS OR ASSUMPTIONS WERE MADE....

ONLY THE TRUTH WAS SPOKEN....

SIS. DESTEE ASKED....." Why don't we have jobs to offer our youth?

Is it our fault or someone else's ... that we can't provide jobs, employment, economic security to our youth? "

NOW CHUCK.....THERE'S NO WAY IN HELL.....IM GONNA SAY THAT IT'S NOT OUR FAULT WE HAVEN'T COME TOGETHER TO PROVIDE FOR OUR CHILDREN....

WHY ??......BLACK WALLSTREET ALONE IS SOLID PROOF.....THAT WE CAN....

OUR OWN HISTORY IN THIS COUNTRY THE LAST 45 YEARS.....IS SOLID PROOF THAT WE SHOULD HAVE.....

WHY ??....

BECAUSE 45 YEARS AGO , 84% OF BLACK HOUSEHOLDS HAD A MOTHER AND FATHER...

40% OF THEM....WE'RE BUSINESS OWNERS....

WE LOOKED OUT FOR EACH OTHERS CHILDREN IN OUR NEIGHBORHOODS....

WELFARES DOUBLE STANDARDS INCREASED.....
PSYCHOLOGICAL WARFARE ON US AS A PEOPLE INCREASED.....
PLACEMENT OF DRUG-TRAFFICKING IN BLACK NEIGHBORHOODS INCREASED....

AND WORST OF ALL.....THE WOMEN'S LIBERATION MOVEMENT , WHICH WAS THE WHITE WOMAN'S ARGUMENT WITH HER WHITE MAN.....BUM-RUSHED BLACK HOUSEHOLDS HARD AND HEAVY.....RIGHT AT THE TIME THE BLACK POWER MOVEMENT WAS GAINING MOMENTUM.....

and you say I presumed/assumed ????

LEMME ASK YOU.....WHAT LABORS AND SWEAT HAVE YOU GIVEN ??

WHAT PRICES HAVE YOU PAID ??

YOU SEE CHUCK.....I EARNED MY RIGHT TO SPEAK THE TRUTH......BECAUSE MY MOTIVE IS TO PROVIDE THE TRUTH FIRST , PERSPECTIVE SECOND.....

AND THE TRUTH IS.......WE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL OF "OUR" CHILDREN FIRST.....EVEN THOUGH WE BEEN TAUGHT TO LOVE AND CHERISH WHITE CHILDREN WITH THEIR WHITE PRIVILEDGES , WHILE WATCHING OUR OWN......STRUGGLE....

WARRIOR

Greetings Sister Destee....

I was talking with a friend the other day ...who just open his second shoe shine parlor. For him, his plan was to hire kids...to teach them how to shine shoe and make plenty money doing it. But his problem has been the kids don't want that type of job....We both started out shining shoes at the same time back in 65...we both made great money...heck I had the latest style in clothing...saved money for a rainy day and help my Mom out with the bills. It was easy to earn $45-$65 sometimes even $100 a day. He has told me that a person can make twice that today. But the kids don't want that type of job. So he was force to hire adults ..By the way..I'm going to have to get back to him to see how he's going to handle Obama's new Health-care plan. Is he going to pay the penalties or offer a health plan. Marriage and Health-care was my main reason for leaving that job.

Lilpea..:1on1:

Very good example. Business is business. This is why Jews, Italians and Poles come to US and live in mansions after a few decades while the youth of today is still in the ghetto whining. There's always business opportunities everywhere; people just have to find their niche.

Very good example. Business is business. This is why Jews, Italians and Poles come to US and live in mansions after a few decades while the youth of today is still in the ghetto whining. There's always business opportunities everywhere; people just have to find their niche.

This was very good and it speaks to something else. We are the only people responsible for our children...but i want to take this just a little further. Right now, how many homes or houses are in your community that are empty or boarded up? That community is going to totally degenerate unless "white people" or better yet "the filthy rich black people" decide that "they didn't forget where they came from" and invest in the same communities. Without the education, self pride and BELIEF IN SELF, all some of our people would do is tear it back up. We don't need nobody and nothing outside of us educating our own children...because as I so well state; How do we expect to send our black children off to our enemy to be educated and then think that a black child is going to come back home to us!!??

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back