Black People : Why don't we have jobs for our youth? Is it our fault or someone else's?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Peace and Blessings Family,

Why don't we have jobs to offer our youth?

Is it our fault or someone else's ... that we can't provide jobs, employment, economic security to our youth?

:heart:

Destee

2. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    It is ours. Even I'm guilty of this.
    Every time I started or was involved in a business venture, it was with Caucasians.

Great question. You got me thinking.

3. Asomfwaa

Asomfwaa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,564
    Sister Destee,

A book that you may want to read is "The Mis-Education of the Negro" by Carter G. Woodson from 1933.

The problems of today are there repeated.

We repeat the same problems, largely because deep down African people in America want to identify with European people in America.

So, those successful in business, actually flaunt as they perceive Europeans do. But they do it too early and their industry crashes around them.

How many people did I just explain? Everyone who with sudden wealth buys a fancy car, a large house, and a great home entertainment system are the people referenced. But isn't that just about all of us in America? It was the same in 1933. Among other things.

If you get your hands on the book, I recommend the end of Chapter V.

Thanks for asking,

4. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    I, personally, don't believe it is so much identifying with Caucasians as it is with wealth, power, and prosperity.

Everyone desires to live a life of leisure and free agency.

5. RAPTOR

RAPTOR Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,097
    *bump*

6. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,529
    There was a time when some black 'leaders' urged us to allow black kids to speak broken english aka ebonics-- and others warned us about the 'evil' plans of white educators:

Instead, if you're not down with the nation's lingo, you can't even read the papers some employer needs you to read, then place your 'x' on them to get your first job...

Only so much can be blamed on 'whitey/racism/the system'

Always our option to change whatever we don't like about the present arrangements anyway...

7. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    I think that's a tough question. Collectively, it would be our fault but that's just it, we are not 'collective', we are scattered, or made to be scattered. We are so divided and that means to me that it's the government who is causing the problem and capitolizing on us being divided and in that way, they are giving jobs that could go to our youth to so many other programs they have set up for foreigners to come in and get those jobs.

It was just a few years ago that I saw fast food jobs in which our youth would dominate and be able to rise up in the jobs to become assistant managers and etc. and work during summer terms and colleges, but not any more, not in the capacity it use to be avaliable for them and single Black Moms. I've noticed that this government has put out much propaganda to foreigners in that they could come here, get full time jobs as assistant managers and etc. in fast food industries and make a living and that's just what happened. Now most of the fast foods are dominated by foreigners who work all positions, and the Black youths and single Black Moms get usherd in for a few weeks or months and then get fired or something. There's a constant and steady flow of Black workers for set number of positions but the foreigners dominate. So I believe it's the system and we allowed the system to separate and divide us to where we have little power to help our youth or anybody Black get jobs for that matter. It's up to the minority government officials if they deem it a necessity to ensure jobs for black youth or anybod, in my opinion. It's all about big government and America is making certain deals to keep good relations with foreign countries and therefore, they make sacrifices within our borders to give jobs away to foreigners...at our expense and for the sake of their union.

8. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,529
    The minimum wage was raised during Clinton's stint as president...I. e., it was and is tried to a welfare to work scheme here...So one finds both welfare moms and young high school age females working in most of the local fast food outlets...Though our's are few/far between/and or top heavy with overqualified management types...

On the other hand: Imagine just flipping burgers etc. and getting seven dollars an hour for doing it! No matter some being party time workers, nobody's paying them with monopoly money...

Oh, the trips some do go on, even over that!

Actually call it a new form of pacification...

Instead, new immigrants (mostly from India) work in and for the health care industiry...

I. e., they come in with better education, get better paying jobs...

So, just what are our young people being prepared to do, if anything at all?

I haven't a clue!

FYI...

9. bientempo

bientempo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Dominican Republic
    Ratings:
    +165
  10. Bootzey

Bootzey Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +863
    Who's youth is working? It's not just bad for Black folks. It's bad for everyone