Black People : Why don't most people post their photo here

I think it's because of the nature of the site. It's part of the same reason folks don't use their real names. This is not a dating site where names and pictures are relevant to the conversation so, most people just skip it. I had a couple of pictures up here.. but I decided I preferred being a bit more abstract than that. Looks can be distracting.. I'd rather focus on the words.. (and the voice if I could hear it.)

I prefer Avatars and Screen-names to Photos and Real Names.. there's more of freedom of expression there. And they reveal just as much, if not more, about a person than their photograph and Real Name. What we name ourselves and how we choose to appear says a whole helluvalot about who we are.

juxtapose that with Facebook.. or even myspace.. most people have a photo of themselves there because that's what those sites are about.

I think it's because of the nature of the site. It's part of the same reason folks don't use their real names. This is not a dating site where names and pictures are relevant to the conversation so, most people just skip it. I had a couple of pictures up here.. but I decided I preferred being a bit more abstract than that. Looks can be distracting.. I'd rather focus on the words.. (and the voice if I could hear it.)

I prefer Avatars and Screen-names to Photos and Real Names.. there's more of freedom of expression there. And they reveal just as much, if not more, about a person than their photograph and Real Name. What we name ourselves and how we choose to appear says a whole helluvalot about who we are.

juxtapose that with Facebook.. or even myspace.. most people have a photo of themselves there because that's what those sites are about.

I understand what you are saying...I am not into twitter, facebook or myspace. This is the only site that I found that really discusses issues relevant to black folks. I was on two other dating sites; but I made it clear that i just wanted friends...one man in NY wanted me to leave my job and come to him..Lol....now he is somewhere in Tennessee...I was born a night but not last night for sure....:lol::lol:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back