Black People : Why don't black people camp

I came here to ask this question after a recent visit to several national parks as part of my retirement celebration and seeing few if any black faces. It really has me wondering why black people don't camp or even hike on the beautiful trails in our national parks. I swear these places are whiter than North Idaho.
Just as a side note I cruised the forum a bit before posting this and it's pretty interesting for an old white guy like myself from North Idaho that has had extremely limited interaction with black people. I'm learning stuff already.

I grew up doing all the things you've named. I took my son when he was younger. We have fished all the great lakes in Michigan. You ignore history. We weren't allowed in many of those parks. We had our own. Plus, this new generation isn't into outdoors stuff

I came here to ask this question after a recent visit to several national parks as part of my retirement celebration and seeing few if any black faces. It really has me wondering why black people don't camp or even hike on the beautiful trails in our national parks. I swear these places are whiter than North Idaho.
Just as a side note I cruised the forum a bit before posting this and it's pretty interesting for an old white guy like myself from North Idaho that has had extremely limited interaction with black people. I'm learning stuff already.
I camp and hike. My family camps twice a year and I hike every weekend.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back