Black Spirituality Religion : Why Does Christianity Assume Everybody Wants In?

Yes, I'm ticked because the past few days, Christians have disrupted my peace by knocking on my door, hocking their wares. I will continue to say that this is the one big difference between atheists, and Christians. I have yet to see an atheists knock on my door, or stop people in the street,
Peace!

I hear you on this, but I will say that for me I have yet to have Atheist offer to help pay bills, open up food pantries across my state, offer to feed and shelter the homeless, set up places for battered women, provide food, clothing for the poor, offer support groups for drug abuse.
The list goes on and on...
Not to say Christians are the sole providers of these services, myself I don't know of any organizations that offer these to soo many people.

A while back I was approached by a couple Mormons, they called themselves elders (although these were kids much younger than I, but whatever).

Well we shared our thought, they offered me a book...I declined, before they left as they walked down the driveway they turned around and asked if there was any yard work that I needed done or any help with anything?
Again I declined, and before they left they asked if I knew anyone that needed help around the house.

To me that was a cool gesture.
I can remember from when I was a kid, Christian organizations helping my family.

As far as Christians wanting evertone to join, well I feel it to be a selfless act to want others mainly strangers to share in the happiness one feels, and letting others know that they are loved amd cared about.

So yeah, you got good news?

Go Tell It On The Mountain!

Although I'm not Christian, I was brought up in the Church, and don't mind a minute or two listening to them speak the Word...
But
That's just me

Last edited:
This sounds good and all but, they won't get anymore people in the congregation/tithes if they don't go about converting. Isn't it amazing how the scriptures that don't fit ones lifestyle or get the mission accomplished get forgotten so quickly??

Actually it just reveals that people are full of ish when it comes to this book. The book lets them know a lot of things that THEY CHOOSE TO LOOK OVER while still claiming to be a follower of it. You can best know that what I said will be skipped over as if it was never said...and do you know why?....because those claiming to follow the book can't defend themselves against what I said, simply because I didn't say it, the book did...which sort of places them in the position of (A) Calling the book a liar...(B) elevating their pastor above the book or (C) acting as if they were ignorant of that Scripture. Either way, that Scripture alone is like CHECKMATE in a game of chess. It won't even allow them to try and justify what they do or why they do it. Simply put, the Scripture tells them to MIND THEIR OWN BUSINESS !!!!

some 'afrika ain't all that' threads....

(chuckles)[/QUOTE]

Why don't ya'll hit out at Islam:( It never cease to amaze me that folks continue to bash Christianity......why be so selective in your criticism...well we all know the REAL reason. Anyone can take a bible and burn it public or curse Jesus and nothing will happen...BUT if ya'll are so bold..I challenge any of you to do the same with a copy of the Koran or curse Mohammed:lol: IN PUBLIC. I bet my last dollar it wont happen:)

some 'afrika ain't all that' threads....

(chuckles)

Why don't ya'll hit out at Islam:( It never cease to amaze me that folks continue to bash Christianity......why be so selective in your criticism...well we all know the REAL reason. Anyone can take a bible and burn it public or curse Jesus and nothing will happen...BUT if ya'll are so bold..I challenge any of you to do the same with a copy of the Koran or curse Mohammed:lol: IN PUBLIC. I bet my last dollar it wont happen:)[/QUOTE]

I can only speak for myself, the reason that I question some of the illogic in the bible/christianity is that it is the religion that I'm most knowledgeable about. For what it's worth, I find the other major religion equally ridiculous.

Sista dunwiddat, have you ever pondered why you are a christian and not a muslim??

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back