Black Spirituality Religion : Why Does Christianity Assume Everybody Wants In?

In other threads here I've tried to express where I'm coming from. And even that changes as I go along. Our world is a mess....hell, white people are a mess! My grown daughter has a friend who is quite racist in his constant posts about Obama....and a Muslim hater which I just engaged in dispute with him because I have two very dear Muslim friends.

The election of Obama has made a lot of folks show their true colors. Things blacks have said and done surprised me, you would think they would be happy that a black man was elected president looking at our history in this country. I'm sure you know there was a time when blacks would say that there would never be a black president. A movie was even made about it starring James Earl Jones, called "The Man". But look at the uglyness that some of us (blacks) have shown. So it's not just whites..it's us also.

Peace!

heck i was only 18 when he got elcted first time round and even i can remember people saying theyd never see a black president in there lifetime

I'm old...:chair:

I saw the first moon landing, I was alive when we got our Civil Rights, and that mind set was a permanent part of my mindset. Even when he was running blacks still said it.

Peace!

Enki....was about to sign off....I appreciate your words. But quickly let me explain my grown daughter and son, both. I have mixed grandkids...half black, half white from my oldest daughter who died from a diabetic coma. One has just turned 21, a week after my surviving younger daughter's son turned 21.
They often played together as kids.
My daughter gladly took custody in court of her older sisters kids, until older sister's hubby started hitting on her. That was hubby #3. Hubby #1, the dad of our mixed grandkids, turned out to be a **** good man. Not easy to explain.
However, my daughter and son, both parents, are cool with great love where race does not matter. But this one friend of theirs, not a totally bad guy, but yeah he has a racist outlook. I encounter him constantly on Facebook, and I think my challenges to this thinking likely makes my daughter uncomfortable because of her friendship with him.
In other words, Enki, it's a delicate balancing act....but, hell, there's a lot of that going on everywhere.
Hey, as to your traffic jam photo, I well remember those flying into Seatac to visit my older sis and for class reunions in Shelton, and could not believe folks were crawling along at 45-50 mph when, around Indianapolis when I lived there, we zoomed along I-465 at 70-75 mph....even tho the posted speed limit was 55. :car:

So, needless to say, I-5 traffic coming out of Seatac was damned frustrating!

Whew....time to hit the sack. Best regards to everybody.... :piano: Uh, yeah, I love jazz piano.....

Enki....was about to sign off....I appreciate your words. But quickly let me explain my grown daughter and son, both. I have mixed grandkids...half black, half white from my oldest daughter who died from a diabetic coma. One has just turned 21, a week after my surviving younger daughter's son turned 21.
They often played together as kids.
My daughter gladly took custody in court of her older sisters kids, until older sister's hubby started hitting on her. That was hubby #3. Hubby #1, the dad of our mixed grandkids, turned out to be a **** good man. Not easy to explain.
However, my daughter and son, both parents, are cool with great love where race does not matter. But this one friend of theirs, not a totally bad guy, but yeah he has a racist outlook. I encounter him constantly on Facebook, and I think my challenges to this thinking likely makes my daughter uncomfortable because of her friendship with him.
In other words, Enki, it's a delicate balancing act....but, hell, there's a lot of that going on everywhere.
Hey, as to your traffic jam photo, I well remember those flying into Seatac to visit my older sis and for class reunions in Shelton, and could not believe folks were crawling along at 45-50 mph when, around Indianapolis when I lived there, we zoomed along I-465 at 70-75 mph....even tho the posted speed limit was 55. :car:

So, needless to say, I-5 traffic coming out of Seatac was damned frustrating!

Whew....time to hit the sack. Best regards to everybody.... :piano: Uh, yeah, I love jazz piano.....

I fully understand, and it is a delicate situation, so you have to step lightly...

Night my brutha....:Zzz:

Peace!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back