Black Spirituality Religion : Why Does Christianity Assume Everybody Wants In?

1. Cherryblossom may engage in any conversation she chooses.

2. Nobody is "gunnin' in on Sis". We, her and I, had a conversation in another thread from which my
comments derive from. And if I was a betting man, I'd say she read this and didn't trip
because of the exchange we had in another thread.

3. To call that personalizing is to call it personalizing if I say someones name towards giving them
props for something they said, or a point of view that resonates with me, so relax everybody.

:toast:

Thank you, I tried to explain this to her. Going back and fourth as we all do, it helps to have a thick skin. Like I told here, There are plenty of posts that does this, and it's not personalizing.

Peace!

I AM A CHRISTIAN, I LOVE THE LORD AND IN JESUS NAME I PRAY. y.
There is good in many, both Christian and Atheists. These folks I can tolerate, I am not pushing it, or pushing on it, nor against it.

I have no problem with Christians such as yourself. I've stated the ones I have a problem with, and they are the ones that try and push their belief system off on me. I don't see what people are having a problem with this. Is as if I'm not allowed to say it bothers me, which is silly when you think of it.

My brother was and claimed for over 40 years to be an ATHEIST. Espoused many of the same atheist statements found in these post. Until he repented and asked GOD to save him and just last year. NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCES HAVE A WAY OF CHANGING A VIEW POINT. I saw a picture of him on facebook getting baptized. Hallelujah

And there are plenty of Christians that have left Christianity

Peace!

No disrespect intended, but as to the title of this thread.....

I don't want "in." I was brought up "in there," and as life has it I find myself stepping out of it, and away from it. The more I read of various theological beliefs and doctrine, the more I see their limits. And not just Christianity, but others....and especially those that claim theirs the the only and one "true" religion, meaning all others are untrue and "wrong."

What is really wrong, as I see it, is the wrong-headed self-righteousness, if not arrogance, of these claims of some exclusivity of knowledge from scriptures and scrolls written by men, but claimed as the "word of God," or Allah, or whatever fabricated deity is swooping down out of the hopes and imaginations of men, then portrayed that "God said this!"

As I've said, and readily admit, I am more agnostic....and my skepticism grows. Not just because I see scriptural inconsistencies, but a world filled with lies, war, destruction and death which, to me, clearly invalidates all those wonderful religious claims of love and goodness they preach.

But, yes, there are pockets of love and goodness around the world, like one I read of today in The Washington Post titled, "Bonded by War: A Palestinian woman and an Israeli grandmother find comfort in one another as rockets fall."

As I continue to see war coverage, it is their "religion" that divides them. But it is their friendship and love that transcends their religion. It is the same with me and a dear Muslim friend. We don't allow your "religions" to get in the way and interfere with our friendship. I will take the love of friendship with her any day over the arrogant right wing , self-righteous Christian psychopath I have dealt with on another site for some time. He's "right," I'm "wrong," I'm "going to hell," I'm an "atheist liberal," ad nauseum.

When I have to deal with "Christians" like this, it is time for me to move on, and not return.

I do believe in a cosmic Spirit of the Universe of some form, or forms. But not the limited versions that are preached, if not "used" from the pulpit to insist upon and demand our "obedience."

No disrespect intended, but as to the title of this thread.....
Hi writer33. Just a little thought on what you wrote. I respond with the sweet tone of curiosity.
I don't want "in." I was brought up "in there," and as life has it I find myself stepping out of it, and away from it. The more I read of various theological beliefs and doctrine, the more I see their limits. And not just Christianity, but others....and especially those that claim theirs the the only and one "true" religion, meaning all others are untrue and "wrong." {Are you saying then, that there is no one god. There are many and they all have the truth, even if they counteract each other? Or you are saying, there is no intelligence paving any way, and truth is ambiguous?

What is really wrong, as I see it, is the wrong-headed self-righteousness, if not arrogance, of these claims of some exclusivity of knowledge from scriptures and scrolls written by men, but claimed as the "word of God," or Allah, or whatever fabricated deity is swooping down out of the hopes and imaginations of men, then portrayed that "God said this!" {Well, where do the miracles come from? And what about experience people have with visitations of angels?

As I've said, and readily admit, I am more agnostic....and my skepticism grows. Not just because I see scriptural inconsistencies, but a world filled with lies, war, destruction and death which, to me, clearly invalidates all those wonderful religious claims of love and goodness they preach. Because God has let you down with a world of people who hate murder and lie?

But, yes, there are pockets of love and goodness around the world, like one I read of today in The Washington Post titled, "Bonded by War: A Palestinian woman and an Israeli grandmother find comfort in one another as rockets fall." { Truly perfect.

As I continue to see war coverage, it is their "religion" that divides them. But it is their friendship and love that transcends their religion. It is the same with me and a dear Muslim friend. We don't allow your "religions" to get in the way and interfere with our friendship. I will take the love of friendship with her any day over the arrogant right wing , self-righteous Christian psychopath I have dealt with on another site for some time. He's "right," I'm "wrong," I'm "going to hell," I'm an "atheist liberal," ad nauseum.

When I have to deal with "Christians" like this, it is time for me to move on, and not return. {Sorry for your bad experiences. It rather happens when people are involved.

I do believe in a cosmic Spirit of the Universe of some form, or forms. But not the limited versions that are preached, if not "used" from the pulpit to insist upon and demand our "obedience." {Which of the Christian commandments do you hate most? /QUOTE]

Yes, I'm ticked because the past few days, Christians have disrupted my peace by knocking on my door, hocking their wares. I will continue to say that this is the one big difference between atheists, and Christians. I have yet to see an atheists knock on my door, or stop people in the street, asking if they know there is no god.

{Have you thought about being the first atheist to go out and tell the believers there is no God, dear Enki? We could take pictures as you get arrested, and put together a photo album. hee hee

Christianity has the market cornered because from the time of our inception, and before, we hear "may god bless__________{add your own words}. We see signs of the faith on buildings, signs, cars, billboards, TV,etc.

{Just take your black marker pen... and I will donate new tires to the patrol car.

This is what non-believers are faced with day in, and day out. And some of you have the nerve to get mad when we challenge you to prove that book of fairytales? Christians approaching me with their faith is akin to asking me to be blind so I can be lead by the blind. To put a man or god above me when I'm on the same level.

{Dear Enki, Please heal my ex-husband's knee problem... step- slide, step- slide, step- slide...

Yes, I as well as all of you are god, you just do know it. That knowledge was taken, and kept from you. That make believe serpent told Eve that it was the reason god did not want them to eat from what tree?

{That mean ol' bible said we are gods. And you believed that atheist serpent?

The tree of knowledge.

{If I get to the top, I will throw you down some applesauce. :)

Peace!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back