Black Spirituality Religion : Why do you reject The Old Testament GOD?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Music Producer, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Music Producer

Music Producer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +94
    What is it about the GOD of the Old Testament that causes you to reject how HE presents Himself and reject HIM as being your GOD?

Give some logical reasons as to why you reject GOD?

2. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    Okay, let me be the first to answer this. The problem with the "Old Testament" God is that he has been presented to us almost as a child and as an entity that is biased, jealous, angry, Patriarchal and as an utter corruption or perversion of what our ancestors once had. Furthermore, his choice of prophets hasn't been the greatest if we go by the old testament version.

Now, before the old testament, "who were our prophets?" "What were their names?" "What books did they write?" "Why was it so necessary that our ancestors prophets and their books be hidden, destroyed, corrupted, and plagerized?" Furthermore, why was it necessary that we be given books through the old testament that have proven themselves to be all the above I just mentioned....books totally lacking in "spiritual developement" that leave us nothing but "worship"?

This is just the beginning, but it's enough for now.

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,735
    he is white.

4. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    That's a good one, I almost forgot that he was white!

5. Music Producer

Ratings:
    +94
    Keita

What you say is not logical, for example in one paragraph you say this.
    In the next paragraph you say this.
    Please clarify what you mean because as you wrote those quotes all of the qualities you place on the GOD of the Old Testament due to plagiarism you are also placing on the gods HE was plagiarized from.
    From my personal study of all gods I have never met one that couldn’t be considered as cruel either to one another or humans.

Pharaohs, kings, leaders and priests of Egypt. Which became a corrupt, un-uniformed and unmanageable system because religion was also government. The Old Testament is a record of GOD unifying and manifesting as One GOD, One Government. GOD chose one Pharaoh to spearhead the unification and chose one specific branch of Egyptians (Ethiopians / Levi) to be HIS chosen priest. This passage eludes to the fact that Moses / Akhenaten was a branch of the Ethiopian clan.

Num:12:1: And Miriam and Aaron spake against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married: for he had married an Ethiopian woman.

This is why Miriam and Aaron were angry with Moses.

Lev:21:14: A widow, or a divorced woman, or profane, or an harlot, these shall he not take: but he shall take a virgin of his own people to wife.

GOD did not punish Moses because the Ethiopian woman was of Levi. Moses / Akhenaten‘s mother was Queen Tiy whom is also a branch of Ethiopian.
    Before the unification it was any pharaoh, priest (mainly Amonist), leader and kings, people with money, which included foreigners. Any of these could be named before the 18th Dynasty or what is known as the Amarna period. During this period is what the Old Testament record. It is basically a recording of Akhenaten trying to unify Egypt under a Monotheistic Government, which means One GOD. Akhenaten was enlightened to all the gods of Egypt as One all Powerful GOD, one all-powerful government.

Hosea:13:4: Yet I am the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me.

They mostly wrote Psalms, Spells and Short Stories that are actually centered around ancient Kemet Kings played up as gods. Ra was a real human being that may have been an ancient King of Kemet or even before the land was called Kemet. Imhotep was thought to be a god even by Egyptologist today until they found his actual Tomb. The same thing occurred with Ra except he is so ancient that his actual history only now exists in the form of an Egyptian god. It is simply how our ancestors honored great people that had a dramatic effect on history. In oral tradition this was the method our ancestors used to make the oriel history stick in the minds of our children. As you can see the method is extremely effective because even today we have woven in history as a god doings and actions of a great King named Ra that existed and ruled what became Kemet before the onset of Metu Nature (Egyptian Hieroglyphs or the Language of the gods). They did not write books they mainly wrote exaggerated history to be used as a teaching that carried on the legacy of a real King.
    It wasn’t. Mainly the Amarna period became subject to this. If the Egyptian authorities had have realized that Akhenaten’s theology, life and doings had been preserved in a book they would have ordered it’s destruction then. Once Akhenaten died or became exiled the Egyptians (mainly foreigners) that did not believe in or accept his Monotheistic Government tried to destroy any trace of his reign. They smashed the face off his sarcophagus; they chiseled his name out of the king’s list and burned Akhetaten to the ground so that no stone was standing. Once back in power what do you thank they would have done with any book that preserved Akhenaten?
    I totally disagree with you on this. The Old Testament thus far is the one book that explains the conditions of the black race. It explains how we, as an advanced society; could be overcome by barbarians. It explains the number of possible years we would be subjects of these barbarians and their gods. It explains how sculptures of Africans can be found in South America before Christopher Columbus was even born. It lays out an agreement between the Egyptians and strangers that so journeyed that followed Akhenaten and between the GOD that guided Akhenaten.
    Does your religion raise you to the status of being a descendant of the Children of GOD?

6. Music Producer

Ratings:
    +94
    Please Explain?

7. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,735
    every Jesus i ever saw as a youth was white.
    when i turned away from white power i also turned away from that ultimate expression of white power.
    the old testament belongs to the white man.

how can this escape such a learned one as yourself.

8. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    Well, first off, non-Christians do not see the Christian God as 'the God.' Rejecting Christianity does not mean you reject God.

Now, why do people reject Christianity? For me it was a variety of reasons... probably one of the biggest being unable or unwilling to live the type of 'Flanders' lifestyle orthodox Christians expect you to live. I am also angry at the hypocrisy in the religion, especially when it comes to racism or what not. Going to a Christian school where most of the teachers were white (though the student body was black), I have seen a few times the racist elements.

Another problem is that the orthodox view of the religion does not paint a loving or fair God. The Christian God uses murder to scare people into submission, despite the fact that he creates scenarios, physical drives, etc. that make people more tempted to do the 'wrong' thing. The Christian God ordered kings to kill kids... kids. He ordered rapists to marry their victims. The list of crazy rules could go on and on... things that I do not consider moral in any form or fashion.

9. Music Producer

Ratings:
    +94
    Hold up and rewind, I never asked about Jesus. Who has tricked you into believing Jesus is the GOD of the Old Testament?
    From the Old Testament point of view Jesus is Lucifer and Jesus himself makes the claim to be Lucifer.

We are specifically trying to get to the bottom as to why you reject the GOD of the Old Testament. Using Jesus as that excuse allows Lucifer to accomplish his mission in proving you against the One True GOD.

Jesus is not the GOD found in the Old Testament.

10. Music Producer

Ratings:
    +94
    The GOD of the Old Testament and Christianity has nothing in common. Christians serve and worship Jesus, not GOD. I serve and believe in the GOD of the Old Testament Only but I am not a Christian or a Jew or associated with any religious sect.

You paint a false image of The GOD of the Old Testament. Your image has been tainted by Servants of Lucifer/Jesus. As I read more and more as to why many reject the GOD of the Old Testament I am finding out that it is because they have been deceived by those that worship and uplift Lucifer.

A servant of Lucifer doesn’t care if you serve their god or not. All they care about is causing you to reject the GOD of the Old Testament. As long as you are doing that, they have won.

Why do you thank they intentionally demean the GOD of the Old Testament as evil and unable to forgive?

This is what Servants of Jesus do…..

Isa:5:20: Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Servants of Jesus intentionally twist the GOD of the Old Testament in order to make their god more appealing to you. GOD murdering ten thousand evil people is not an act of evil. But Servants of Jesus make you believe it is. Once they turn you against the GOD of the Old Testament then they turn you to serving their god, Jesus / Lucifer as god.

How else can the white man replace your One and Only True GOD unless they turn you against that GOD?

As Malcolm X said, “We have been hood-winked”. We have been tricked to curse and be against our own GOD.