maybe felt the message i pose'd it's hard not to flow as a poet anyway
coz a poet brings a vision a scribe of meanings a feeling of expression
showing love to poet's is respecting there art which from my
heart i do daily love reading others and inneracting with them poeticly
is a gift within it's self sometime a poet can lift u to a new level of
creativity and bring out a flow u didn't know was within u so this why
i write and flow to create and bring a message to my people even a
laughter sometime a tear ........

I agree with a lot that Rich said. For me, it's way of communicating, expressing, creating. If I don't create something, somehow, I feel dead inside. If others feel a message from my work, it does make me feel happy, although relaying a message is often not my intent. I just often feel I have so much inside of me that is just bursting to get out, so I'm doing that, releasing myself in poetry. Feedback is always nice, because you may never know what your words do to another person, or what effect that person's response may have on you. Hopefully, I'm not rambling here...anywho, this is why.

I agree with Watz and Triniti. I wirte because I like the feeling of creating something. Some pieces I feel very strongly about and can't wait to see what others think about them. Some pieces I love, but I keep them private, or they were written for someone and only that person and I will ever read them. Writing, whatever way I choose that day, is relaxing and therapeutic for me. This site, and the family, makes me feel like I am in class. I learn so much here from so many people. That is why I post and continue to come here.

I'm a great lover of poetry. When I first came to this site I thought it was just a site where you can just read poetry, I checked out a few and read the replys...and it was on. Most of the time I only write poetry when I need to vent, other than that, I love to reply to something I read. When I do really write something, more of my heart be on paper...than pen. I also found that penning poetry with "brilliant" people (that's on this site) tents to sharpen you up as well...for "people tend to grow...with 'growth.

When I first started this thread I started it cause I wanted feedback and I wasn't getiing it. So I decided to take all of my work off the site until... Until when I didn't know but I felt I wasn't posting for the right reason. I was excited about people complementing me on my work cause I didn't share that often. But now I post just because. I have some good peices and regardless of who reads it. There is a message in them. Knowing someone will learn from something I wirte is what I yearn for now. Not replies. Now I understand why Khasm said " to thy own self be true and stay true" If I don't believe in my my work it will be nothing. No matter how many positive responses I get. No one opinion really matters but mine. My writing is an extension of me and with out my blessings it will always be just words with no feelings.

Peace
Poetic Sista

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back