Votes: 26 38.8%

• Total voters

Moorfius

Nov 2, 2004
Earth
Occupation
Self Employed
Why ?

When one becomes or is becoming fully aware of what is "Really" going on as apposed to what we think is going on and what is hidden from our lack of perseption because of a (Mis-Education) in the first place, you want to tell somebody (Family) and warn every one (Black-People) that something is About to happen and we should know about it long before it does so that we can save our-selves from inpending doom.
Time is running out for a lot of things and we (The ones who survive) African's in America will find ourselves renched from the oppressor and condition that is unexceptable to G-d the Creator of All things.
We have been fooled, tricked, deceived, led-astray, mis-guided, by the open enemy for soo long that now we are fooling, mis-leading , mis-treating and most of all un-believing in our self and this will and is bringing on serious conciquences from the Natural Order of Things today.

"What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You have felt it your entire life, that there is something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad"
Morpheus

Prizefighter16

Aug 14, 2004
i don't really care how corny this all sounds. But i joined this site as a way of being part of a community where i could actually take part with my brothers and sisters. I don't have any adult poets that i can look up to in my surroundings. So the fact that i come here, is a learning experience. I was new to the whole post poetry and expect a reply, but the biggest thing I wanted to do is read other poetry. It was such an enjoyment to see similarities in the view of the world. I know im one the youngest, so i do take everything in. Hopefully when im ready to put myself out there, it will be with the wisdom i have acquired from all over, including here in destee!!!!1

Poetic Justice

May 2, 2003
detroit
Occupation
Analyst
I post to stop the words from threatning to escape from my mind, all day they play havoc on my mentality and then sometimes it starts on its own, i dont even know sometimes why i post what i do, i let my mind takeover, i see everything in writer form, some may say the sky is blue, when i look i think, the semblance of the sky was kissed in blue.

Lloyd

May 29, 2004
I post my poetry to know if i'm able to share my feelings to the others.Sometimes u may believe that u've skills but its not the case!!!So its a good way to improve urself

KaNvaZ

Oct 13, 2005
I post because I feel a kinship with the people in this great community. The first time I came across this site, I was mainly just looking for a site to share my poetry and my rhymes. But in the short time I have been here, through posts and the chat room, my experience here as transgressed more than just spitting rhymes and such. As some of you already know, I am not Black but rather Asian, and yet,everyone I have met so far have welcomed me with open arms and accepted me, no questiosn asked.

There is just a connection I cannot put into words.

That is why I am here.

Tiana

Sep 7, 2005
I actually havent posted too much. I just like reading. The vibe is cool. Good peeps, good reading, even when no one agrees with each otha.

spicybrown

Oct 21, 2005
This Is Why.....

I post my poetry, because it's what's on my mind at the moment. I also like to know whether or not i'm the only one feeling this way. Therefore, I let my fingers do the talking. :spinstar:

asimplepoet

Mar 13, 2006
Somewhere between paradise and diaster
Occupation
Teacher
Poetry is in my bones. I wake up with words flowing through my mind. I post so i can have an audience of more than one, just little me. I love the feedback this site offers. It inspires me to continue on my jouney to be a simple poet

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
STAFF
Mar 21, 2001
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
it's beautiful to see all the reasons why people post and share there inner
thoughts and feeling what's on there minds thank u all for giving a piece of
your selves here in this community.......

Keep sharing the reasons why !

tay_tay225

Feb 22, 2010
I post partly because it makes me feel better, but also because I know a thing or two I can share.

I don't have book smarts -- I've got experience knowledge like everyone else. And at the risk of sounding like I've got a big head, I've learned that (when a person wants it,) there's always someone that can benefit from hearing the smallest word of advice.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Allow the N Word - yes or no?

• yes

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • no

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • not sure

Votes: 6 42.9%

Latest profile posts

Life is a poem, love is the pen.
Charles Thompson wrote on Enki's profile.
Good evening
Destee wrote on Angela22's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :dance4: ... Welcome Home! So good to have your sweet Spirit in the house! ... YAAAAAAY USSSSS! ... :yaay: :yaay: :swings: ... :heart:
Angela22 wrote on Enki's profile.
I hope all is well with you. Much love.:love:
Destee wrote on Charles Thompson's profile.
Hi Chuck ... is that you?!!! ... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!! ... :yaay: ... I sure hope so! I have thought of you often! If it is not you, sorry for writing on your profile page @Charles Thompson and Welcome! ... :wave: