The Front Porch : Why Do You Post??

Discussion in 'The Front Porch' started by Poeticsoulsista, Jul 27, 2003.

?

Why Do you post ur poetry

1. because I want to add this site to my resume

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  2. because I want feed back

17 vote(s)
    25.4%
  3. just to make my self happy

17 vote(s)
    25.4%
  4. I dont know why I post

6 vote(s)
    9.0%
  5. None of the above

26 vote(s)
    38.8%
  1. Poeticsoulsista

Poeticsoulsista Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +8
    If ur repsonse is not on the poll please Post it, We all would really like to know ur opinion and the reason you share

This is specifically for all the poets in the house, Why do you post ur poetry? In the "Get your flow on " forum it was a young lady in there who was thinking of leaving destee because no one was really responding to her work, A fellow poet told her that she should only flow for her self, not for the approval of others. Now, in some ways he's right. I think you shouldn't write to please others but in all reality when a poet share their work they are sharin for some type of feed back(good or bad) or so that they can get a message across, at least that's what I thought....
    In my opinion and from my experience, many post their work to share, to get a message across, but mainly to get some type of feed back. It's very important to me as a writer and a poet, to get others opinion of my work. To not get a response is like a spoken word artist gettin on stage, spittin their work and not getting any type of applause, smiles, snaps, or anything after they are done. The audience just looked at them. When the poet get off stage someone say it's all about gettin on stage performing for ur self and makin ur self happy. That's a bunch of BS. What do you think?

2. NADIA*BINTA

NADIA*BINTA Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    i post my poetry to share & for feedback... ya know i wanna know if ur feelin me or if my stuff is wack... though neither will make or break me... it just feels good to get a AMEN and release the words that dance in my mind all the time...

peace

3. Poeticsoulsista

United States
    Ratings:
    +8
    Thanks for sharin and I feel exactly what you are sayin.

Poetic Sista

4. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    in my eyes...these are just my eyes that i'm talking about...i post to get better in the craft that we call poetry...i don't know how it is with most poets that post but most of my poems i think of a topic and write the poem right there on the spot...i also write other places too, most of the time i don't post those because i feel like my subject content might offend others, and that's not my purpose here...but on the strength, i post my poetry to see where i am at, and it constantly changes, getting some feedback is cool, but remember, this is cyberland...everything is not what it seems in cyberland...so take everything with a grain of salt...at least that's what i do...now if you were at an open mic doing your poetry and no one listen or clapped when you finished, then i would be like what the hell :), see that's the real world...i've been to plenty of places on the web where feedback is at a minimum...i had faith in myself regardless of how much feedback i got...but when i got here i was like oh my goodness...the love was off the hook...still, i saw others getting more love than me...a lot to be specific...not once did i think of changing my style to get more views/responses...cause if i did...then i would be selling out...you gotta be true to yourself...if you post to get responses, then do that, if you post to become a better poet, then do that...if you post so that your cyber-voice can be heard, then do that...but whatever you do
    to thine own self be true and stay true....
    peace
    khasm

5. triniti424

triniti424 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Singapore
    Servant of the People
    Ratings:
    +131
    I respond more than I post...and I WRITE to vent...period
    To each his/her own

6. Poeticsoulsista

United States
    Ratings:
    +8
    Thank you so much for responding you guys. I feel what both of you are saying and I agree totally.

Much love
    Poetic Sista

7. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    I post to get things off my mind. It renews me on an issue... In some ways it allows me to move forward.

==================
    " In my opinion and from my experience, many post their work to share, to get a message across, but mainly to get some type of feed back. It's very important to me as a writer and a poet, to get others opinion of my work. To not get a response is like a spoken word artist gettin on stage, spittin their work and not getting any type of applause, smiles, snaps, or anything after they are done. The audience just looked at them. When the poet get off stage someone say it's all about gettin on stage performing for ur self and makin ur self happy. That's a bunch of BS. "
    ===============
    This is correct about the poet on stage. But like here on DESTEE we ( they ) try and comment and applaud each other. Some one posted a comment that said.. some times they view the work.. and find it hard to have something to say. Yet the work moved them.

Post bring your work to the top.. but reads get your message out.
    I'll take my reads.

8. PlayWitItPimp05

PlayWitItPimp05 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student at MHS.
    a perfectly blighted planet where soul-searching i
    Ratings:
    +1
    Destee has helped me to grow in my poetry and in my mentality also. At first I was posting for feedback, true, but Destee has helped me along the journey of finding who I am, therefore I have learned to post for myself. I also appreciate a lot of the love that this site gives me. That's all I can say right now, but I shall return!!

:heart: :heart: PLAY :heart: :heart:

9. Poeticsoulsista

United States
    Ratings:
    +8
    Thanks you guys for posting. I understand and respect why you post.

Much love
    Poetic sista

10. ifasehun

ifasehun Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    i consider this site (******************) to the largest repository of pan-african links on the entire internet. as such, the traffic is probably out of this world..

and logically that would mean that this is one of the best opportunities on the net to share, learn and spread positive messages.