Black People : Why do you believe what you believe?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by taaa7, Feb 22, 2007.

1. taaa7

taaa7 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Before people get hung up on religion, my question is not about religion, but "why is it you believe what you belive?"

Why do you believe what you believe?

That is my question to you - Why is it that you believe what you believe?

For example: Many Black people believe in “Jesus” and "GOD" - Why?

Let's explore that thought and take a look to see how reasonable, or unreasonable that belief is. Remember, I did not use the word "Creator"; I used the word “God”.

The Ancestors of many Black people in America were first taken out of Africa on a slave ship named “Jesus”. They were then subjected to the worst brutality that any human people have ever experienced in the history of the world. They were striped of ALL knowledge about themselves – everything – physically, mentally, and spiritually.

Now understand that the people who perpetrated these mean and evil satanic acts upon those Black slaves worshipped a thing called “God” and a thing called “Jesus”. Those people said that the power and the right to do what they did to the slaves was given to them, and sanctioned by “God”. They also said that “Jesus” was their Lord and Savior. They also said that this same “God” cursed Black folks, and that Black folks were created to serve them (the slave-masters). They went on to say that Black folks had no soul, and when they got around to introducing the Bible to them they read them the part where Paul says, “Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart…”

Let’s reason. If there was a power that was lifting up the Slave-masters, and that same power was suppressing the Blacks, it seems to me that the Blacks would need to call upon a power greater than the power that suppressed them. Yet, even up to today, we see Black folks continuing to call upon the same power that has suppressed them while that same power has given strength to the slave-masters and their descendents. If, after more than 400 years of worshipping and calling upon the same power the slave-masters worshipped and called upon, and receiving no results, wouldn’t a sensible thinking person, a sane thinking person, look for another power?

Let’s be real. When Blacks were brought to America as slaves, they had never heard of this thing called “God”. They had never heard of this thing called “Jesus”. They had never seen this thing called “Bible”. The same people that brought hell upon them gave all of those things to them. Why would any people worship that which had delivered them into hell?

It seems to me that one would want to worship something that brought them out of hell. And, since Black folks are not yet out of hell, there is nothing yet to worship. Therefore, shouldn’t Black folks be looking for that which will take them out of hell?

What would you call a person that continued to do the same thing, but expected to receive a different result? Wouldn’t you say that person was stupid, foolish, crazy, insane, etc.?

If the objective is to receive a different result, wouldn’t a sane person try doing something different?

Why do you believe what you believe? That question deserves your deep consideration and understanding.

Beliefs should be built on a solid foundation of fact and knowledge. Upon what are your beliefs built?

If you haven't read "The Book of Ephraim", why not? I submit to you that if you have not read "The Book of Ephraim", you may not have enough information concerning the Bible upon which to base your belief in any part of the Bible.

You can download a FREE copy from maaliks.com.

Don't die and leave your children and others who come after you in the same hell you were born into - it's your duty to make a difference. You know you will never make a difference under the present circumstances. The only way you can make a difference is to have a Nation of your own.

There are only two choices to your life - you either help make a better future for those who come after you, or you help to make a worse future for those who come after you. By not helping to make it better, by default you help to make it worse.

Gasoline prices are going up - what are you going to do about it? Housing prices are going up - what are you going to do about it? Good jobs are becoming more scarcer - what are you going to do about it? The water is becoming more polluted - what are you going to do about it? More of your rights are being taken away - what are you going to do about it? Millions of Black folks are locked away in prison houses, and more are being locked up everyday - what are you going to do about it? Blacks are being murdered everyday - what are you going to do about it? I could list many other things, but you get the picture - what are you going to do about it?

I guess when it comes down to it, what I'm really asking is, are you going to be a man or woman, or you going to remain a boy or girl? Men and women make things happen - boys and girls watch things happen. Men and women get involved. Your actions determine what you are, and it's your actions that define your worth and determines your destiny.

You have now officially been called to action; the day of reckoning is at hand. What are you going to do? There is no middle ground.

Liberation begins at home.

I'll be free, I'll be free,
    And none shall deny,
    With fetters and chains,
    This spirit of mine.......
    By any means necessary

Peace, Blessings

2. Zacharias

Zacharias Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2

Belief & Believe" are two of the most deceptive words in religion. Belief is ignorance. Belief is to ignore the facts, intentionally or ignorantly. If one has to believe, it means he or she does not know, and if one does not know, that is ignorance. Anyone can believe anything and this means that a person can believe, and be 100% wrong. But knowledge is knowing and knowledge is correct information. "To know" gives one confidence, but belief infers doubt.
    To believe is to accept things that you do NOT know. Either you know or you don't. Once you know - then you no longer have to believe and belief is the fuel of most religions.

3. Ikoro

Ikoro Well-Known Member MEMBER

Norway
    Ratings:
    +320
    Firstly, Hetep and welcome to Destee Taaa7. Now..

I was about to commend you for a plausible thread when I read the following

It is clear to me that you must be young for you to be making such a statement. I must ask you to be a little less bold when you proclaim to hold Knowledge.

We, the "Afrikans" have known God before the white man knew the flame, so watch your tongue in reverence and respect. And we were -enslaved- and brought here, not brought as slaves (give it your deep consideration). Words hold power, and they are our servants not our masters.

We had words for God before they had words for yes and no, so do not let the foolishnes you have been taught in school enslave your mind, family.

This is all in love, Taaa7.

To be quite frank, I am offended by the above quote. It is nothing short of disgusting, for it shows that you are not clear in your statement. Had you said -Christian- god (note: small "g"), I would have overstood you. Yet, the absence of said letter is deeply felt.

I will proceed to give you my take on this topic you have chosen.

Afrikans have known The Creator, Allah, God, Yahweh Chineke, Kami-sama, Jah and what-have-you since we were put here. As you know, we are a spiritual people. If you take my spirituality, I have nothing left of my Self, I will be lost in impressions from this earthly hell (see: most "blacks" in the US, on the continent and in the Diaspora today).

Taaa7, someone came and took our spirituality, raped our daughters and killed our sons. Our history was rewritten and we were taken away. What they could not extinguish was our spiritualiy. But we were not allowed to worship our Creator on the plantations, so when they gave us God, Jesus and what-not we took it as a survival strategy.

We will always seek out other peoples religion and culture until we re-learn our own.

But I will say this, in favour of your thread here. It is something disgusting and morbid in our peoples ignorance regarding Islam and Christianity (especially the latter). We cannot deny that it is a White Supremacist religion that is deeply ingrained in our people that they cannot see it for what it is. The pope blessed the slave ships, the imams enslaved and traded us for goods and the priests said we were 3/5ths. It is a complete and utter disrespect to the ancestors to worship these foreign religions.

"We must learn to abhorr such Negroes"... Words of a wise man.

Hm, in the end, I commend you after all, for bringing this topic up. Let us hope that people will give it as much attention and energy as I have. It is an issue close to our hearts. I look forward to fruitful discusison with you, Taaa7.

Smai Tawi.

One.

~Ikoro

4. Ikoro

Ikoro Well-Known Member MEMBER

Norway
    Ratings:
    +320
    Give thanks for that insight Brother Zacharias! I gave an identical reply in another thread entitled "death": http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46899

Glad to see others overstand this ignorance.

"I do not "believe" in God". Belief are for the uncertain, ne?

Peace from a likeminded warrior in these times of war.

Know all - see all.

One.

~Ikoro

5. Amnat77

Amnat77 Well-Known Member MEMBER

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    Question

Brother Taaa7: Are you a HEBREW ISRAELITE?

6. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    why do you believe...

well it's like this you gotta believe in something because in this life there're things that you're gonna believe in and believe me we all believe in [SOMETHING]even those who say they don't do because even if you believe in nothing that's something to you so you believe in it,you do believe me don't you[smile].

7. taaa7

Ratings:
    +1
    Shalom Zacharias,

Believe means to suppose, to have firm persuasion of, etc. Belief is the thing believed. You said "knowledge is knowing" - How do you "know" if you "know"? "To Know" is merely a firm belief in what one accepts as truth or fact. What one takes as knowledge today may not hold up as knowledge tomorrow. Bleeding was once believed (known) to be a viable medical treatment - not today.

As you stated, "a person can believe and be 100% wrong; so, that's the point of the question, "Why do you believe what you believe?"

And none shall deny,
    With fetters and chains,
    By any means necessary

Peace, Blessings

8. taaa7

Ratings:
    +1
    Shalom Ikoro, and thinks for the welcome.

I prefaced my question by saying not to get hung up in religion. You said, "...the "Afrikans" have known God before the white man knew the flame..." Afrikans never referred to their Deities as "God". The word "God" comes from the German language and has only been around since about 325 A.D.

We, "Afrikans", were given that word by the captures and enslavers; and now we take it as our own as if sounds that are made with words don't matter. That word - that sound - has been used by the enemies of "Afrikans" as the cornerstone of the enemies destruction and reconstruction of "afrikan" thinking. Even Muslims, who always referred to their Deity as Allah have gotten caught up in the bag of referring to Allah as "God", even though the word "God" was never an attribute of Allah. The word Allah predates the word "god" by many centuries.

It's not a religious thing, it's a cause and effect thing. It's really quite simple - allow the people to believe whatever they want to believe as long as they refer to that belief as your Deity. In other words, the enemy has most everyone on the planet calling upon his "God". No matter what the belief, most people now refer to their Deity as "God". Remeber, there's power in words - some words have more power than others. And so the question, "Why do you believe what you believe?"

And none shall deny,
    With fetters and chains,
    By any means necessary

Peace, Blessings

9. taaa7

Ratings:
    +1
    Shalom Amnat77,

The answer to your question is no.

And none shall deny,
    With fetters and chains,
    By any means necessary

Peace, Blessings

10. taaa7

Ratings:
    +1
    Shalom Oldiesman,

I agree with what you said, but the question is not "Do you believe?" - the question is, "Why do you believe what you believe?"

And none shall deny,
    With fetters and chains,
    By any means necessary

Peace, Blessings