Black Spirituality Religion : Why Do You Believe What You Believe?

NNQueen said:
Welcome to our community. I thought your post was an enlightening description of your spiritual journey. I am mesmerized by your testimony.

My journey has been a 'troubled' one and not very different than yours but not quite as extensive. I'm being pulled somewhere but I'm still not quite sure where I'm headed in my quest to find where I belong and at the present time, there are no labels to define where I am spiritually. I'm in complete agreement with Brother Sun Ship, I think I'm going to sit back, relax, read and learn.

Peace,
Queenie :spinstar:

Alafia NNQueen,

Thanks for the welcome. I appreciate being here. Hoping I can share and learn as we all find our ways of returning to the Source. I understand the "labels" complex. Sometimes, we as wanderers will - really all of us as wanderers will craft our own path. Each individual is unique and come with a specific destiny. Your statement of "being pulled somewhere but I'm still not quite sure where" reminds me, in a different context, of astral travel. Much soul searching is involved. Eventhough, I practice Vodou, as someone who honors my ancestors, I have not put aside the gifts, insight and revelations my native parents' spiritual beliefs can give and teach me. They still come in my dreams and provide what I believe is protection. I love my Mamas and Papas. I wish you well and ancestral blessings on your journey towards your Center and Truth. Ire-O!!! Ase...

Blackbird

You Asked For This

I promised myself that I was going to stay out of this...but I've been compelled, and I hope that I'm clear in what I'm about to lay down. Since I couldn't get in under my old nick, please know that this is Kenyatta.

I have no religion per say. My studies and spiritual journeys have taught me that religion is a controlling factor and a holding mechanism. Please allow me to digress. If I must have a religion as many believe one must...then mine is THE ANKH, which as some may know, means life. For me, LIFE is the highest religion there is. If you aren't practicing life, which is an upward and productive process allowing one harmony with the universe and oneself, then one is practicing death...which as we know, comes on many levels. Our ancient ancestors were scientist and philosophied and comptemplated the universe, self and their concept of a Creator beyond the level of any other peoples or present day religious systems.

It was their concepts and wisdom and writings that became a part of and inspired the foundation of all present day systems. This is not my opinion or my own speculation, but is what we call sheer fact. What many fail to see is that, the present religious systems only rose to the forefront when OURS OR THAT OF OUR ANCESTORS WERE PURPOSELY DESTROYED.

Adolf Hitler once said: If you tell a lie big enough, long enough and loud enough, you can convince the world it's the truth. I have found this to be the case with ALL ORGANIZED RELIGIONS. Some systems we have labeled as religions but they are not. There are systems in India and in China that are systems of SPIRITUAL DEVELOPEMENT or the GOD realization of ourselves that exist within ourselves that has been smothered by the mist of the physical world. Our people had a system like that also, and a highly developed one at that.

Please allow me to give a brief summary of issues that bothered me and speak of an evil that we have yet to correct. In the Bible everyone comes from Adam on down. No one has a last name, totem name or tribal name...except for the so called children of Israel which I'll deal with in a few. I could ask you...Abraham who? Moses who? Daniel who? Mary who? Some might say, Mary of Magdalene. Are they trying to tell me that in Magdalene she was the only one named Mary? Sorry, I couldn't buy that. Investigation and history has revealed that the reason that that there's no last names in the Bible is because there was a conspiracy and cover up that went on for the male domination of the woman. In other words, the lineage OR LINE OF DESCENT WAS ALWAYS KEPT THROUGH THE WOMAN AND NOT THE MAN. EVERY CHILD USUALLY KNOWS WHO THEIR MOTHER IS EVEN IF THEY DON'T KNOW WHO THEIR FATHER IS...BUT IN THE BIBLE THE MAN IS THE ONE.

HISTORY REVEALS THAT WE DIDN'T START CARRYING THE NAMES OF OUR FATHERS AS LAST NAMES UNTIL THE COMING OF PROPHET MUHAMMAD. PRIOR TO THE COMING OF THE ARAB PROPHET, history reveals that Arabia was ruled by Queens for as long as anyone could remember. In essence, history also reveals that what happened in Islam was that they simply took all the rights of the woman and REVERSED THEM IN FAVOR OF THE MAN.

Back to the writings of the so called children of Israel: All of them are forgeries and interpolated history. I could prove that Moses wrote no books, Joshua wrote no books...that Daniel wrote no books, the the four gospels didn't even exist for close to 200 to 300 years after the supposed death of the person we call Jesus. There's so much more I could say.

The point however is that I believe nothing. We were not born to believe but to KNOW and so I always continue my path of refinement and growth. In Islam they say according to the Qu'ran, that a prophet was sent unto all people in their own language to make the message clear or plain. Therefore the prophet of Islam came to the Arabs, Jesus says in the Bible that he was only sent to the children of Israel, Buddah went where he was supposed to go and so on. The question now becomes this: Since our people were here on earth long long before there was a Muhammad, a Jesus, a Moses or an Abraham...who were our prophets? Where are their writings and what were their names? Sounds to me like we as a people are missing a lot of information and history as well as ADVANCED SPIRITUAL CONCEPTS.

AND THIS IS WHY I'M A LITTLE UPSET THAT I CAN'T GET IN CHAT !! (smiles)

Upon request I will give a list of excellent material for what I've stated and more.

luv ya !
Keita Otiba Kenyatta

Now I'm upset too about chat

Kenyatta, why can't you get into chat??? Until you can, please continue to share your knowledge here at the forums and if you have more to convey about this topic, consider laying it out in chapters, citing your sources. If what you have to share could take us away from this particular topic, start others or if threads already exist where you can include your perspective, do that too. I, for one, am very interested in knowing more about your thoughts on this topic.

Peace :spinstar:

Belief Is Ignorance

NNQueen said:
Kenyatta, why can't you get into chat??? Until you can, please continue to share your knowledge here at the forums and if you have more to convey about this topic, consider laying it out in chapters, citing your sources. If what you have to share could take us away from this particular topic, start others or if threads already exist where you can include your perspective, do that too. I, for one, am very interested in knowing more about your thoughts on this topic.

Peace :spinstar:

Belief Is Ignorance . Belief Is To Ignore The Facts Intentionally Or Ignorantly , If One Has To Believe , It Means He Or She Does Not Know . And If One Does Not Know , That Is Ignorance . Hence Belief Is Ignorance And Religious Belief WithOut The Facts Is Ignorance , OverStand

I Mean Not Disrespect Just Shareing My Though's

Destee,

With me it was faith in His words. After having read them, I had to make a decision on whether or not I would receive them as truth. I decided that I would. In accepting the bible as truth, Jesus begin to reveal Himself to me. He became more than mere words on a page...He became my life. This is why my faith is solid. Blessed are those who have not seen...yet believe. I believe because though I have not seen Him, I have experience Him. This establishes my faith in Him whom I have not seen. This is my hope and I look forward to seeing Him...face to face.

What about you Destee? What are your thoughts on Jesus Christ?

Joyce

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back