Black Spirituality Religion : Why do you believe in a CREATOR?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by A007, Mar 26, 2009.

1. A007

A007 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +115
    It is clear that most of us believe in a CREATOR/GOD. It is not clear why, however. It is clear that people choose to believe not based on logic or reason but because of some "faith" that they choose to believe in. It is frustrating to see otherwise intelligent, very capable people suspend common sense, uncommon sense, logic, reason, and some learned knowledge in favor of stories, myth, contradiction, dogma, and books of man.

Religion is the most divisive creation of man on the planet. It is even more divisive than money.Each religious person is in the minority when it comes to their respective faith. There are more people in the world whom are NOT christian than are. There are more people in the world whom are NOT muslim than are. And, so on and so forth. But, all of that is another topic. The only thing that MOST (not all) religions have in common is that they believe that there is a MOST HIGH in some form. That is to say that we were CREATED.

So, my question is: Can you explain to an agnostic or atheist why it is LOGICAL to know that we were created, while knowing he/she will not accept your "religious" text, information, or faith as a logical explaination?

2. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    the thing that gets me is that most folk who believe in a creator[god-allah-yahwee-ect]believe that there is but one on high,but you have hundreds of different churches to tell you the same thing in it's own way...if i may interject my own little thinking,yes i too was a good little chiorboy but as an adult this is my spin-yes there is ONE GOD but he has two sons....JESUS-SATIN...sound far fetched???it's just my take on it.

3. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    yes

although i did quote you OM, i'm not speaking to you directly per se

not far fetched

the Jesus/satan thing just personafies

the positive/negative duality of the universe

but we've came to see negative as bad

when it's actually there for balance

and EVERYTHING is a subsection of that

man/woman

adult/child

life/death

wet/drought

sun/rain

fed/hungry

black/white

dark/light

inside/outside

up/down and so forth

[​IMG]

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Brother A007 ... Peace and Blessings ... :love:

I've found Spirituality / Religion to be such a personal choice, i've ceased to try and understand why another would choose the path they do. I simply trust that it is the right path for them.

For me personally, this very community ... destee.com ... has been one of the most illogical (knowing) decisions i've ever made. I found myself saying this just recently. While i am usually very logical in my thinking, my investment here, does not qualify. I have a friend, that has been with me all the years, and every time we talk ... it's always the same thing ... anyone with any sense, would have quit long ago. But my faith sustains me.

I suppose some of my stuff may be built on myth, dogma, stories, etc., as none of us can verify anything beyond that which our eyes have seen. While that may be some of it, it's not all of it. I have evidence too, stuff my eyes have seen. While my evidence may not move you, i'm convinced by it. Fortunately, it's not necessary for my evidence to convince you, nor must yours convince me. We are free to choose whatever path we feel drawn to, without needing approval from another.

I am confident that the same God / Creator that drew me to the path i am on, is more than able to draw you (or anyone else), should that be their desire ... making it completely not necessary for me to try and do.

It should not frustrate you, to see a Sister or Brother doing the same as you, making choices for their life.

I agree, it is very divisive. That is why our Spirituality / Religion Forums have historically discussed all paths, under the same roof. I refused to play into the divisive energy that it brings, by separating us.

Again, i think it's such a personal decision, that we should stop allowing it to be used to divide us.

Just respect each other's choices, that's all it takes.

No, i can't explain that to someone who does not believe there is a God / Creator. I'd not even try. I'd respect their right to choose whatever they feel in their Spirit, mind, body, soul ... whatever ... i'd respect their right to choose what they want for their life. I'd relax in my confidence, that if God / Creator wanted them to know there is a God / Creator, they'd know.

In fact, knowing me, i'd have all kinds of questions for them. I'd want to understand why they have chosen the path they are on. I'd ask about it, all the intricate details. I'd invite them to share.

Great Topic Brother A007 ... good to be discussing with you again ... :love:

:heart:

Destee

5. Da Street So'ja

Ratings:
    +42
    Destee

why do you insist on paring spirituality and religion?

religion is man made

where as spirituality is the core of the universe

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Brother DSS ... i do that because i've found that very topic to be a stumbling block for us. We've had that discussion here too, several times, and we never get to a place where we all agree definitively.

In an effort to get beyond the stumbling block, i've surmised that they are both referencing the same general area of life, to the degree that i can combine them ... trying to cover the whole spectrum, leaving no one out ... as usually what i'm saying, could easily apply to both.

I just don't see enough difference between the two, to allow it to separate us ... so i usually keep them together.

Love You!

Destee

7. Da Street So'ja

Ratings:
    +42
    ok

i'm sorry you don't see enough difference in two

let me say this

spirit (spirituality) doesn't need words to survive

where as religion can't survive without words

8. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    It's okay Brother DSS ... i am still learning and growing, don't give up on me ... :love:

Destee

9. Da Street So'ja

Ratings:
    +42
    seriously

i'm growing too

so grow with my last comment lol

i'm NOT one to GIVE UP on my AFRICAN QUEENS

especially one named DESTEE!

i've been with you for 9 years now

i don't know about Alabama but in NY state that's common in law husband and wife

on that note

i'm going bake some biscuits now

they seem to go well with those thighs lol

hahahahaahhahaaahahaha

:love:

10. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    lol @ common law husband ... :love: ... you're so sweet and silleeeeee ... :kiss:

i know you'd not give up on me ... i was jes' say'n ... :look:

but since i'm posting again, let me respond more fully to your concern above.

It's not that i don't see enough difference between the two, Spirituality / Religion, to do some things ... i just don't see enough difference between the two, to separate us.

I'm against most all separating of us. Anything that looks like it is doing that, i'm gonna problee be fighting against it.

We have been separated for too long, over too many trivial things. It is time out for the separating of us.

So yes, while there is a difference, it does not rise to the level of requiring separation.

Few things do, in my opinion.

Love You!

Destee