Black Women : Why do women think a man is hitting on them just because he wants to be nice and respectful to her.

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by GodInMe, Apr 30, 2014.

1. GodInMe

GodInMe Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +17
    I'm a loving and caring type of man. I love to help and serve my black men and women when i can but when its time to help and serve my black women of whatever the situation might be Some think i'm hitting on them or want something in return. Why is that ladies???

2. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    The same reason why some fellows think that just because you're being nice to them, you're ready to give it up. Some people are just used to it being that way, so when someone shows them different, they are surprised. And some are just hoping it IS that way.

• Like Like x 4
    • True True x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. GodInMe

GodInMe Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +17
    Thank you hunny! I greatly value your words of wisdom.

4. Charles IKS

Charles IKS Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +154
    Give me a real-life scenario that actually happened to you and I can help you out.

5. I'm Becoming Me

I'm Becoming Me Well-Known Member MEMBER

Lover & Fighter...
    Ratings:
    +1,219
    I think this can work both ways.

I am a very outgoing and friendly woman and sometimes men will think I am interested in them, or should I say flirting with them. It can appear perhaps that at times I am flirting, but really I am the same with with everyone, friendly. There is such a thing as friendly flirting, non-sexual..I do have to be careful, it's often gotten me into situations where my warm personality has been mistaken for a 'come on'.

6. Charles IKS

Charles IKS Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +154
    Well, here's a common scenario that I think will fit your query.
    Let's say that you are walking past a women who is struggling to put heavy groceries in her car or suv. I would walk up about 6-7 feet away, with my body facing in the direction I'm walking and just ask with neutral energy, and slightly indirect soft eye contact, and ask, "Need any help with your groceries". If she says, "Yes" just help her and leave and don't hang around for anticipated after talk like she owes you something. Just leave and with a slight smile say "Have a nice day." It's good to help people like that because it generates good karma. So, in short what I'm saying is try to suppress lustful energy if she is appealing to you and don't flirt.

7. GodInMe

GodInMe Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +17
    Yesterday I was at a gas station. I came across a sistah who needed help pushing her car to the gas station which was about 100 ft away. I said I would help so on the way to her car I was making conversation smiling at her saying its a lovely day, shes looks beautiful today, asking how is your day going? and whats going on for the day? so after the small talk she says "FYI I just want you to know i'm married and I don't have very much money to give you but if you like I would be willing to give you whatever you need" then she grabs my hand lol so while laughing and smiling I say I completely understand your situation hunnie but this favor has been paid already so I don't need anything.

8. GodInMe

GodInMe Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +17
    Thank You All For Your Opinions! I Appreciate It!

9. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,135

*putting the massage oils back in the cabinet*

Wait! You weren't,... oh. :bye:

• Like Like x 1
    • Enjoyed Enjoyed x 1
    • List
  10. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    :lol: With me, guys never know. Sometimes I like to leave 'em guessin'.