Black People : Why do we tolerate white people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ogoun

Jun 14, 2018
I'm not here to worship white people or beg for their respect, so I will respectfully bow out.
Yeh, that's fine by me.
There's not one person on this thread you haven't insulted for no good reason and there's no one here that worships white people or begs for respect.
Come back after you grow up.

MS234

Mar 1, 2010

This thread smells. Don't know why we keep falling for this double talk like fake news, calling yourself "black" yet you want the light shining brightly on what so called "white" people are doing.

Didn't this thread start out about someone looking for a house? lol

4 four pages later they're no closer to moving lol

smh

LiveFree

Jun 14, 2019
As another member here clearly stated. Four (4) pages and four (4) days later you're no closer to attaining your dream of home ownership yet you're still here trying to convince the membership that you have no use for the race that produces everything in your existence.

By all means enthrall us with your acumen.
They certainly don't produce everything in my existence and I never said it was my dream. I already proposed my solution, which is for me. I have no interest in telling other people how to feel or what they should do. All I wanted to know was why the supposedly black people of this forum, and blacks in general, have any interest in living among white Americans. After seeing your posts, I have my answer. A lot of you feel reliant upon white people. In fact, a lot of your posts mirror the sentiments of white supremacists. That's not my mentality though, so there's never us seeing eye to eye. Which is fine, we don't have to agree.

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
They certainly don't produce everything in my existence and I never said it was my dream. I already proposed my solution, which is for me. I have no interest in telling other people how to feel or what they should do. All I wanted to know was why the supposedly black people of this forum, and blacks in general, have any interest in living among white Americans. After seeing your posts, I have my answer. A lot of you feel reliant upon white people. In fact, a lot of your posts mirror the sentiments of white supremacists. That's not my mentality though, so there's never us seeing eye to eye. Which is fine, we don't have to agree.
where do you live right now ????

Chevron Dove

May 7, 2009
All I wanted to know was why the supposedly black people of this forum, and blacks in general, have any interest in living among white Americans. After seeing your posts, I have my answer. A lot of you feel reliant upon white people. In fact, a lot of your posts mirror the sentiments of white supremacists. That's not my mentality though, so there's never us seeing eye to eye. Which is fine, we don't have to agree.
I am trying to understand your motivation here. When I read your initial post and some other comments, it makes me think about the 60s CRM (Civil Rights Movement) and how some Black Americans wanted INTEGRATION while others wanted SEGREGATION. You know, I have learned to look at a global aspect too and to look at history; the history of humanity. Racism is a reality and has been for a long time and, it does not just begin with America. When you write about going to Africa or living with Blacks only, again, I read this and cannot help to think about a global aspect and history, and I have come to realize that even in Africa, COLORISM was a reality. So, I understand why some Black people believe in 'a Black world', but for now, I think we have to look at the problems of the world today from a humanitarian point-of-view. As Black people, no, we should not be cowards when it comes to dealing with the reality of racism, but historically speaking-- the beginning of White Supremacy is with a Black dominated world and Black Self-Hatred. White Supremacist are opportunist. So, to think that by living in an all Black world will solve the problem of White Supremacy and racism would be a huge error. I think today, we need to see the spiritual aspect of humanity because, the help in dealing with this strange phenomena of racism and White Supremacy, you will come across non-Blacks that will fight against it just as fervently as you would think a Black person would. If you have 'Knowledge of Self', you don't need to feel that you have to isolate yourself today.

Will there come a time when there will be a positive 'All-Black' world? Colorism and White Supremacy is a strange phenomena, especially if we have learned from our conditioning to see Color as being a primary aspect of our humaness.

Chevron Dove

May 7, 2009
FWIW - i give respect to all. it is my nature. i ask nothing in return.
You guys set the tone, respect is a two way street. You have to give it if you want it in return.
imo, Jamesfrmphilly only responded to this post and to you and made a suggestion that you need to experience Africa and then, share your experiences. You have taken his comments as an attack, and all he did was respond to you and it was respectful. You took his comment in an offensive way, perhaps because of the previous comments.

ogoun

Jun 14, 2018
I am trying to understand your motivation here. When I read your initial post and some other comments, it makes me think about the 60s CRM (Civil Rights Movement) and how some Black Americans wanted INTEGRATION while others wanted SEGREGATION. You know, I have learned to look at a global aspect too and to look at history; the history of humanity. Racism is a reality and has been for a long time and, it does not just begin with America. When you write about going to Africa or living with Blacks only, again, I read this and cannot help to think about a global aspect and history, and I have come to realize that even in Africa, COLORISM was a reality. So, I understand why some Black people believe in 'a Black world', but for now, I think we have to look at the problems of the world today from a humanitarian point-of-view. As Black people, no, we should not be cowards when it comes to dealing with the reality of racism, but historically speaking-- the beginning of White Supremacy is with a Black dominated world and Black Self-Hatred. White Supremacist are opportunist. So, to think that by living in an all Black world will solve the problem of White Supremacy and racism would be a huge error. I think today, we need to see the spiritual aspect of humanity because, the help in dealing with this strange phenomena of racism and White Supremacy, you will come across non-Blacks that will fight against it just as fervently as you would think a Black person would. If you have 'Knowledge of Self', you don't need to feel that you have to isolate yourself today.

Will there come a time when there will be a positive 'All-Black' world? Colorism and White Supremacy is a strange phenomena, especially if we have learned from our conditioning to see Color as being a primary aspect of our humaness.
I've read (someplace!?) that colorism cum racism as a concept wasn't even a 'thing' until the so called age of enlightenment when coincidently they also started honing the blades of financial capital and population governance.
In other words, race is not a real thing. It is an artificial construct. And if we define ourselves within that artificial construct then we are allowing ourselves to be shaped and defined by some outside other.
Hmmm, does that make any sense?

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
I'm in the process of searching for a home, but there's one thing that's giving me pause. White people. Why the hell should I stay here and continue to tolerate their racism? Why should I contribute to an economy and a society that doesn't care much, if anything about blacks? Why help them, which essentially gives them more power than they deserve? Secondly, life is too short to fight the same battle that we have been since the country was founded. Right now I'm a bit torn, on whether or not I should setup permanently here in America or just leave.

So, I'm curious, why do we continue to put up with this when we don't have to? Blacks play a significant role in driving the US economy, yet what do we get in return? Why not take our money elsewhere... Curious to hear your reasoning, do we really think that marching is going to change racist people? Is it worth staying here in America, if so why?

Hi @LiveFree ... I am not sure you have already left, as your previous post suggests, but I am still inclined to share my initial thoughts regarding your opening post.

Your questions talk about "I" (you) and then moves to "we" very quickly.

The questions you are asking yourself, only you can answer and act on.

We all have our own questions and likewise must answer them for self.

As much as we might want a simultaneous and collective (100%) action, I have never seen that.

With this being the case, answer these questions for yourself, act on them for yourself.

Until you do that, you are no different than the rest of us pondering such things.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

::

ps ... I initially thought you were a "troll" (and I / The Moderating Team are the only ones that get to make such determinations). To me, you sounded like what is all in the news now ... "go back to where you came from" ... and you were only putting a twist on it. I considered you collateral damage out the gate, but it was Brother @jamesfrmphilly's response that made me stop. He reminded me of how welcoming and loving we are. Giving everyone a chance to present their thoughts here respectfully. As bad as you think your experience has been, as rude as you think we may be, it could have been worse.

Since you say you are gone, leaving, etc., I will close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

It's okay to admire otherz, but first, love self. ELEVATE your self-image by having a healthy love & respect for yourself. ✍
1619+400=2019 Jamestown Virginia...end of slavery. (Yes modern miseducation and injustices count as slavery) But no proper reparations will be given since the amount of contributions beyond humanity transcends generations. Our people have history that is equal to trillions of dollars including Melanin research and its supernatural power.
I want my people to be aware of this dilemma regarding the upcoming election... I know politics. Yes Trump is admitting the truth about Black People building this so called country corporation (The United States). But you must understand that what they're planning on doing is to divide and conquer. This is all just for him to get re-elected. He's going to promise reparations and reneg at the last minute.
Ifypedro334 wrote on Jasica Adam's profile.
The best gift to give a baby boy is ??
Lon
Trying to find my way around on this forum. It's not User Friendly