Black Spirituality Religion : Why Do We Pray?

river

Watch Her Flow
REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
When we were in the matrix of the Abrahamic religions we were programmed to feel a connection with God through prayer. For those of us who no longer follow that path how do we maintain that connection?

If the Supreme Being is within us why do we feel the need to pray to something outside of us?

river said:
When we were in the matrix of the Abrahamic religions we were programmed to feel a connection with God through prayer. For those of us who no longer follow that path how do we maintain that connection?

If the Supreme Being is within us why do we feel the need to pray to something outside of us?
I sort of got to that point too. And then that expanded to "why only on sundays and wednesdays?"; "why do I have to do it in some "box" (church), when I live in "God's House" [the All]". Then I realised that every time I breath, I have just had another "answer" to my "prayers".

We maintain that connection by continuing to maintain/Be.

a) you may pray/venerate/communicate with your ancestors

b) ideas are often jumbled and need to be refined. positive thoughts, negative thoughts can flash across the mind. coralling your ideas into a cohesive theme helps strengthen and reinforce the ideas you wish to keep. the breath controls the thoughts, but until that process is perfected; choosing words is taking definitive action about those thoughts.

c) "prayers", "words" are a more concrete phase in that creation process; the "words" represent a clear formulation/recipe for the ideas. "words" are really the first action taken towards realizing ideas. the next step is to take physical action around those words. "words" and thus "prayers" are more potent than ideas.

even if you realize that you are praying to yourself, or that which is in yourself; the "words" are empowering those thoughts.

additionally, if you are communicating with "spirits", those are recognized as external, but on another plane. so the outwards gesture is recognized as stronger than thoughts alone.

I see that what both of you are saying is that we connect with the Creator by BEing creators. And the Word was WITH God and the Word WAS God. As Nibs pointed out in chat

idea/thought/petition + word/prayer/heka + action/movement/contact = creation

At the culmination of that equation I am with God and I am God

river said:
I see that what both of you are saying is that we connect with the Creator by BEing creators. And the Word was WITH God and the Word WAS God. As Nibs pointed out in chat

idea/thought/petition + word/prayer/heka + action/movement/contact = creation

At the culmination of that equation I am with God and I am God
"God" is Life; I am Life; Life is "God". I AM[BE/IS]. I AM that which I perceive Me to BE.

Grow beyond the "religion/God" concept and Know/BE the "Spirituality That Is": LIFE.

Every "con" must have a kernel of "Truth" in order to not be completely rejected. Dig deep to find that kernel and see the "con" fall away. It is that kernel that prompts the questioning/seeking.

(BTW: :flowers:More Rep4U! Thanks!:grouphug:)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back