Black Parenting : Why Do We Martyr Single Fathers But Demonize Single Mothers?

But, when you make that assumption that the woman must have been bat-ish crazy, when the shoe is on the other foot, what kind of assumptions d you make about the Dad in regards to the single Mom? Do you blame her for her disposition, making bad choices, etc.,?
I didnt answer your question though...sorry,lol! I just assume that the man is extremely whack. What kind of man makes a child,and doesn't take care of it to the best of his ability? A whack one...I'm just so use to it though,I have become desensitized. I have accepted it.

I can't argue with that. From what I see and know personally....for a man to file for full custody two things must be present. The man is a respectable guy,and the mother is extremely whack. Yes, I will say that normally if a court gives full custody to a father...something was off with the woman. It is a biased system. I will even go so far to say that the guy is above the norm as far as men go. Most men don't feel the need to file for full or even 50/50 custody of their own flesh and blood. They are content with the woman having the child the majority of the time,that's okay,npthing wrong with that. But they will not FIGHT for 50/50. Too many responsibilities Sway.

Ok, but the question is, Why Do We Martyr Single Fathers But Demonize Single Mothers?

I get why we are surprised and touched by single Fathers. They are rare and should be commended. Many men leave their children when they leave the Mom.

The real question is why do we demonize single Mom's? Why don't we empathize with their plight, as we do single Dads? Single Mom's make significantly less money than their male counterparts and get significantly less family support.

Off topic:: I have always found it odd that most BM feel that Family Court is unfair to men, but the laws were all designed BY MEN. ( I can't comment on WM because I've never had the conversation with them)

I didnt answer your question though...sorry,lol! I just assume that the man is extremely whack. What kind of man makes a child,and doesn't take care of it to the best of his ability? A whack one...I'm just so use to it though,I have become desensitized. I have accepted it.

Ahhh, you could be onto something.... that could be THE ABSOLUTE ANSWER to the question I am asking...LOL

Ok, but the question is, Why Do We Martyr Single Fathers But Demonize Single Mothers?

I get why we are surprised and touched by single Fathers. They are rare and should be commended. Many men leave their children when they leave the Mom.

The real question is why do we demonize single Mom's? Why don't we empathize with their plight, as we do single Dads? Single Mom's make significantly less money than their male counterparts and get significantly less family support.

Off topic:: I have always found it odd that most BM feel that Family Court is unfair to men, but the laws were all designed BY MEN. ( I can't comment on WM because I've never had the conversation with them)
I guess I didn't answer the original question either....sorry,lol! As far as demonizing single mothers...that's not my thing. If you wrong, you wrong....but I am not sure single mothers are demonized. Definitely not shown the same respect as men in the same situation...men are weaker when it comes to that,and alot of other things. My bad...I jumped into this thread half reading it.

I guess I didn't answer the original question either....sorry,lol! As far as demonizing single mothers...that's not my thing. If you wrong, you wrong....but I am not sure single mothers are demonized. Definitely not shown the same respect as men in the same situation...men are weaker when it comes to that,and alot of other things. My bad...I jumped into this thread half reading it.

Well, I never hear that kind of talk anywhere except on the internet. On the internet I have heard people say that women having children out of wedlock are the major cause of dysfunction in our communities, and things of that nature. I have also heard people say that the problem with BM today is that they were raised by women without a Father in the house. It has become a mantra. I find it confusing to blame the one who stayed and vindicate the one who abandoned the kid. It is backassward in my book. But, I have been reading these same sentiments on message boards for 15 years.

Other races have also experienced great increases of children born out of wedlock at the same time, but I have not heard of them scapegoating their women for there socio-economic issues before.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back