Black Women : Why Do We Keep Running?

nope E'man, i'm in St. Paul - capitol city! i live in the Ronda neighborhood. have for the 32 years i've lived here in Minnesota. So you know about the ronda community? well there is also great association of the railroad business here.

wildflower and zerogravity, i 'm not talking about going into a depressed area, i'm talking about how we let this condition exists without working to make changes. instead we just moved away to what we think are greener yard. btw, we do have lawns/yards here. i may have stated that we are not the large metro-like areas of new york.

i heard one of the leaders of our community (and relative of Gordon Parks who lived in the ronda neighborhood i speak of.). he stated that when we started getting people from chicago, detroit, indiana, LA coming in we didn't stand up and let them know, have them adjust to the standards and expectations we had. we didn't demand that the landlords take action and/or improvement their properties. for a while the property in the area could be bought for pennies. we didn't buy and improve these properties, didn't know of the money available to help rebuild. our black leaders who were there to help and adminster "community block associations" gave it to themselves, friends and family. point blank, they stole it. now others are taking advantage but now the properties are worth a couple HUNDRED thousand now. people who grew up in this neighborhood now find affordable homes to buy in the area they once didn't want us.

my mom and her generations of black folx thought the world would be theirs once they got a degree, got a good paying job, move to another neighborhood

it don't change we change thinking for better living when it's
already within ....now i know that da move is sweet in ways
yet the rain can pour very sour inside the new living i've been
here for many years and saw the cost go down , run down and
come back up again so why move stay !
no job or degree can make anyone any better
it's not the area it's us whom in it....

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back