Black People : Why do we dumb down things?

HODEE

Alonewolf
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jul 2, 2003
Drugs call it what it is ... :yo: Narcotics

Drugs is a general word that we need to pull away from. We need to speak the words that need attacking. That will make a change. That will awaken those numbed and dumbed down.

(Narcotics). The bigger word covers all the drugs like Opium, heroin and morphine, yes the stuff hospitals push to keep us dumbed down.

List what you feel are some other things we dumb down on?

I think we dumb ourselves down by partaking of what the media has to offer.... the meaningless drivel that passes for music, television, movies (can you say SOUL-PLANE) that we continue to allow our selves and our children to be subject to.... to borrow a couple of media driven catch phrases...

STOP THE INSANITY... JUST SAY NO !!!! :peace:

Much Peace,
Akilah :spinstar:

Akilah said:
I think we dumb ourselves down by partaking of what the media has to offer.... the meaningless drivel that passes for music, television, movies (can you say SOUL-PLANE) that we continue to allow our selves and our children to be subject to.... to borrow a couple of media driven catch phrases...

STOP THE INSANITY... JUST SAY NO !!!! :peace:

Much Peace,
Akilah :spinstar:

:sand: Good post...strong points...I love it when somebody jumps off a beaten path in search for a better.

Thank you

~j

I think that we tend to dumb down things like individuality. No one wants to be different. Everyone was born as individuals but we tend to mold ourselves (or be molded) into what others want to see. We look for acceptance instead of showing ourselves. I look around and everyone looks the same nowadays. A city full of clones. We're all starting to talk the same, dress the same and have the same interest. Reminds me of the matrix (Agent Smith).

kente417mojo said:
I think that we tend to dumb down things like individuality. No one wants to be different. Everyone was born as individuals but we tend to mold ourselves (or be molded) into what others want to see. We look for acceptance instead of showing ourselves. I look around and everyone looks the same nowadays. A city full of clones. We're all starting to talk the same, dress the same and have the same interest. Reminds me of the matrix (Agent Smith).

So true, so true. This is how I try to get my teenagers to see their life and their world. Eventually, they'll get it. :rolling: Most people are fearful of being rejected if they are "different"..."themselves" in other words.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back