Black People : Why do we call ourselves Afrikans?

snugli360

africa / the original name [ALKEBULAN]land of the blacks is and will forever be the mother of civilization ther'es no other way we as now afrikans can identify ourselves we have a history that is rich.the term Negro / Negroid was used to describe the richness and beauty of our blackness BUT! the caucasians came into the land and perverted the meaning thereof like most things that refer to anything black.

yes i understand

Peace,
Thank you for the welcome! I most certainly am not wishing to "get away from Africa" as you say. I am but one woman with a opinion who desires to learn from those different from me. And if white people are born on the continent of Africa they are Africans what's wrong with them calling themselves that?

look deeper though, this is just the surface don't be confused by the "present"
day, (especially present day white people) what i speak of transcends time

i appreciate the love sis

Yes sir Bro DSS i'm a black muslim woman and you may place those attributes in what ever order most pleasing to you. I live in Houston and I was born in America. And as an American who is black it bothers me just a bit that people say things like "african american" when I don't hear them referring to others as Austrailian american or European American. I do agree with you that is the place from which we ALL originated however I also know that there is not an inch of this Earth that you can go and find no Black people. So I personally don't limit us to just one place. But that just me.

i don't see how seeing Africa as the center of the human universe as a limitation.

yes of course Black People are expansive, but even expansion has its' central point

ok

As you know, race is a phony sociological construct.

i get your base point but there is something to COLOR, something separate us
from the rest. i say the phony sociological construct is in place to show us
we are NOT Kings and Queens, when we are

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back