Black People : why do we as black people fight among ourselves

Pride and Jealousy are the #1 culprits.

Not only are we so spiteful and jealous of one another's success; but we are so proud as a people we can't stand to be out done (by another black person).

It's sad but the reason why it usually only takes ONE prominent black person to break boundaries that allow the rest of us to attain the formerly unattainable is because to many of us think so less of one another we say:
"If that n***ga can do it, so can I"

Our twisted sense of pride is so powerful that while we've allowed white people to get away with some of the greatest atrosities this world has ever known; we can't stand to allow another black person harm or cheat us in the slightest way.

If we just catch a "rift" of disrespect we're on the warpath.

"I KNOW you didn't just....oh helllll naaah..."

The Korean cheat you all day charging you $16 for a fine-tooth comb and can of AfroSheen and you continue to give him your business asking silly questions about the pictures on the walls.

But if your own cousin forgets to give you your change back after getting you something from Mickey D's...you're cussing the man out at his own funeral....mumbling something about
" Told ya nigggga...God don't like ugly".

we fight on issues because we see it differently we pose no
unity within our communities and most of all so many are still
mentally trap in the mind slavery mode , we fight because we
can't get at the next creed of color and we upset at the next black
for not coming forward to help so we fight , we do it because it's
so easy to start it up over anything

Instead of fighting we should be teaching each other
but we fight because one don't agree when we should be
showing them the light and where they are wrong but we
feel fighting will solve it it's our greater solution to fight !
we just haven't stop to really see this is what keeps us down
and apart and most of all in this far too long struggle in life
FIGHTING .................now this a start to healing & Teaching
thankz for this thread .

we have a long way to go and miles to walk before we become
one whole as people

Most posts have pretty much said it. We feel like such an oppressed and powerless people that we take it out on each other. I often times see my brotha or sista on the street acting less then what I know they're capable of. I think a few not-so-good things to myself, and then wonder where I get the nerve, when we're both one in the same. Fighting the same battle, struggling alone in this world that has no room for us, and has made it crystal clear we are not wanted. And as with everyone else, I agree. We should be building each other up, and not looking to tear the next person down to get ahead. All I ask is that we do what we know to be right. Don't be a stereotype. It's what they want.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back