Black Spirituality Religion : Why Do They Make Scarecrows?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Metaverse, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    [​IMG]

Traditionally a scarecrow is used to discourage crows from a Farmer's crops. This straw-filled dummy is supposed to be a deterrent for one of nature's most intelligent birds- the crow. The crow is made to believe a Human is standing in the field, and usually this helps to keep larger groups of crows away, despite the fact that often times we might witness crows perched on the scarecrow themselves.

Why am I talking about scarecrows?

Well, this discussion is about scarecrows as much as it is about crows themselves. You see, in many fables throughout the known world, the "crow" and even the raven represented us as African people, "dark power" so to speak. The "blackbird" is usually associated not just with death, but with the spiritual powers that go along with it. This is why culturally the crow is seen as a curse, a bad omen a sign of evil. We are seen in many cases by Whites as "crows" even if it's sub-conscious.

Aesop- a writer of fables and a African slave in Greece wrote a fable called "The fox and the crow" which interestingly enough, shows a characteristic in Blacks folks that has been getting us in trouble since this stage began. Flattery.

A Fox once saw a Crow fly off with a piece of cheese in its beak and settle on a branch of a tree.
    "That's for me, as I am a Fox," said Master Reynard, and he walked up to the foot of the tree.
    "Good day, Mistress Crow," he cried. "How well you are looking today: how glossy your feathers; how bright your eye. I feel sure your voice must surpass that of other birds, just as your figure does; let me hear but one song from you that I may greet you as the Queen of Birds."
    The Crow lifted up her head and began to caw her best, but the moment she opened her mouth the piece of cheese fell to the ground, only to be snapped up by Master Fox.
    "That will do," said he. "That was all I wanted. In exchange for your cheese I will give you a piece of advice for the future: "Do not trust flatterers."

Very interesting fable indeed, considering the amount of "cheese" our people drop into the mouths of their enemies, flattered are we that we are so admired for our skills and beauty.

[​IMG]

Scarecrows aren't always dummies made of straw, but devices, stories, myths, laws- all used for the same purpose. To keep us, the crows - discourage from eating away at and taking away what is naturally ours.

The majority of crops in America are grown in the south, this is where most of our Ancestors worked on plantations. Jim "Crow" was also in the south. Laws that kept us segregated and limited, just as crows are limited from the Farmer's crops. But there is a reason why.

Even in African culture crows are seen as messenger spirits and protectors, they arrive to warn us of danger. If the European came out of the African, it is clear at times that even Whites still have the African superconscious embedded within them, that is to say "what we love, they fear." They have come to know the fear of darkness more so than the love and understand of darkness and what it represents to natural spirituality.

It's not just about keeping the crow away because they are eating up the crops, but that they bring with them- a sign of danger, and their unique intelligence is scary for some as well. In the Ancient world crows and raven were direct messengers of God. Even in the bible there is a story of bread delivered by ravens into the hands of Elijah. There is also the raven that Noah dispatched after the flood.

[​IMG]
    The crow has also a role in the asiatic mythology : in China and in Japan, he shows love and filial gratitude.According to chinese legends, ten red crows with three paws flew away from the East Blackberry Tree to bring light to the world. But they brought an unbearable heat to the Earth. Yi The Good Archer killed nine of them, and saved the world. The last Crow is now in the Sun.

Scarecrows are created to keep us from eating certain types of knowledge as well. This is true for the Devil, Satan, Lucifer, Demons etc. These are all scarecrows in a field.

2. MysteryDoors

MysteryDoors Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    The story about the fox and the crow is very interesting.

The parable can makes you wonder about the piece cheese that had drop from the crow mouth, and it kind of reminded me of another story.

The Parable of the Rabbit and the Crow
    A crow was sitting on a tree, doing nothing all day. A small rabbit observed the crow for several days. Getting envious of the easy life of the crow, the rabbit finally asked him, "Can I also sit like you and do nothing all day long?"

The crow answered, "Sure, why not? Help yourself."

So, the rabbit sat on the ground below the crow and rested. In no time at all, it falls asleep. All of a sudden a fox appeared, jumped on the rabbit and ate it.

Moral of the story: To be sitting and doing nothing, you must be sitting very, very high up.

[​IMG]

3. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    That is a very good fable too MysteryDoors, I would even call it a parable. Is this also why we are envied as a people? Because we make life look so easy? To be sitting doing nothing you have to be royalty.

There are some amazing contrasts between crows- the blackbird and black people. Of course the most notable is darkness. Usually we are not as "black" as crows and ravens are, but there is something about black birds and their intelligence that is often overlooked. There have been studies conducted suggesting that crows are actually much smarter than Apes. Think on that.

In one recent study crows were filmed collecting walnuts, and because the shell was too hard for them to eat the crows would place them on train tracks and wait for the train to run over them. Is that intelligence? And where does that type of intelligence come from?

We are overlooking something very interesting here. a regular dumb bird wouldn't be scared off by a scarecrow. A dumb bird wouldn't be able to recognize a Human form, or make the "assumption" that it would be safer to stay away.

Here's something even more interesting. Like us, melanin is responsible for the deep ebony rich color of crows and ravens. Are high levels of melanin also the reason why they can access so much intelligence? Studies have show that crows actually get lighter- and develop white coloration as a genetic response to being around Humans.

I've often said that intelligence people pride themselves by thinking it's impossible for them to be deceived because they are intelligent. This is not true. In fact you are more prone to deception because of your intelligence since deception can be designed based on your ability to recognize and make judgment.

Crows obviously think and make judgment, the sit and observe and make notes. This is why movies like "The Omen" use crows to signal evil. Now Alfred Hitchcock's old movie "The Birds" did come to life in 2006 when a flock of Crows attacked people in Warwick, England. No one could explain why, they were attacking cars too. Why would these black birds just start attacking White folks like that?

4. MysteryDoors

MysteryDoors Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    METASAIENCE TELL ME THIS, HAS THERE EVER BEEN ANY KIND OF BIRDS THAT HAS BEEN AFRAID OF THESE MAN MADE SCARECROWS?

WELL, THIS SCARECROW MYSTERY IS NOW BEGIN TO MAKES ME WONDER ABOUT THE TIME OF SLAVERY WITH THE COTTON FIELD, THE CORNFIELD OR ANY OTHER KIND OF FIELDS, AND HOW THE SLAVE MASTERS KEEP BLACK PEOPLE UNDER THEIR CONTROL. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THAT?

YES, I HEARD OF THE ALBINO OR WHITE CROWS AND THIS LIGHTER COLORATION IS VERY INTERESTING TO THINK ABOUT.

WHITE CROWS
    http://www.birds.cornell.edu/crows/whitecrows.htm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I SAW “THE BIRDS” MOVIE ONCE AND I NEVER PAID CLOSE ATTENTION TO IT; AFTER READING THESE INFORMATION ABOUT CROWS I PROBABLY WILL WATCH IT AGAIN.

5. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Ahha. So MysteryDoors you are putting two and two together. So I guess they will have to blame you because you asked the question. Why does everything have to be so esoteric?? I guess we can't help ourselves right?

According to some people- and these are stories that I've heard here and there myself, some of our Ancestors transferred themselves into the bodies of Crows.
    At this point a light bulb should go off. In fact it is said that the Crow is not afraid of the Scarecrow because they look Human, or looks like a Farmer, but that it looks like...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A plantation overseer.

In more ancient folklore, we had the ability to transform into Ravens and crows. Consider this:

The Black Crow sometimes also the Raven is the beginning of the great work of soul alchemy. This indicates the initial stages of the alchemist's encounter with his inner space, through withdrawing from the outer world of the senses in meditation, and entering what is initially the dark inner world of the soul. Thus this stage is also described in alchemical texts as the blackening, the nigredo experience, and it is often pictured as a death process, as in the caput mortuum, the deaths head, or as some alchemical illustrations show, the alchemist dying within a flask. Thus in the symbol of the Black Crow we have the stepping out in consciousness from the world of the physical senses the restrictions that bind us to the physical body.

http://www.crystalinks.com/birdsalchemy.html

The crow is associated with motherly love and spiritual strength. It was believed that fairies turned into crows in order to cause trouble. In heraldry, a crow was used to indicate a dark person such as a Moor or a Saracen. In Egypt, two crows, like two doves, were an emblem of monogamy.

http://ww2.netnitco.net/~legend01/raven.htm

6. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Peace to the God Meta,

Bruh, stop discussing my secret.

Blackbird .... child of the Raven

7. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Power to the God BlackBird! Raven Sorcerer!
    This topic reminds me that I need to study feather magick further, I have a Raven's feather now that I use for protection but I need to learn about other birds as well because different birds can be used for different intent and tasks.
    My dreamcatcher has feathers that I can't recognize.

Crow:
    The Crow is one of the animals humans have always been afraid of. A crow at the window is said to represent the soul of a dead person. Crow feathers are used for mourning and letting go of unwanted feelings or situations.

Black feathers-
    Protection, driving away, slow energy, grief, loss, repelling energy.

http://www.geocities.com/felicitax/Magic.htm

8. SeekingMaat

SeekingMaat Well-Known Member MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +275
    Great postings Bro Meta :) enjoy reading them, keep up the fiyah!!

Just thought to throw in a quote .....

"The quality of decision is like the well-timed swoop of a falcon which enables it to strike and destroy its victim".

Art of War - SunTzu
    http://www.chinapage.com/sunzi-e.html

Always on a forward motion .....
    Rise Transformed :)

Peace

9. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Some very deep "secrets" being revealed here that I have been aware of for some time. I used to live in an area of Los Angeles known as Monterey Hills and nearby is a conservation park with lots of different genus of birds. I used to go out in the morning and do my meditation, tai chi and have a ritual "smoke" then go walk over to a hillside and watch the Ravens do their thing. It amazed me at times how they would even go after some of the Hawks soaring above.

This brings me to something brother Blackbird has mentioned to me before.

"Before The Sun"

http://www.sd84.k12.id.us/Farmin/myths 2001.htm

10. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    This is intersting indeed.
    Thank you for the info.