Black Christians : Why Do The Heathen Rage

Discussion in 'Christian Study Group' started by cherryblossom, Sep 12, 2009.

1. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Pss.2

[1] Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?

[2] The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,
    [3] Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.
    [4] He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.
    [5] Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.
    [6] Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.
    [7] I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
    [8] Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
    [9] Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.
    [10] Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.
    [11] Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
    [12] Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

2. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
  3. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and Truth!

Yes sister cherryblossom,

In the study of Eschatology, it’s known as the eschatological longing, the Parousia, the Second Advent.

4. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Sho nuff, Brother Clyde.

And we'll know "neither the day nor the hour."

5. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and Truth!

Peace In my sister friend, cherryblossom.

6. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Acts 4:
    [24] And when they heard that, they lifted up their voice to God with one accord, and said, Lord, thou art God, which hast made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all that in them is:
    [25] Who by the mouth of thy servant David hast said, Why did the heathen rage, and the people imagine vain things?

:bowdown:

7. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560

PSALMS 2:
    1. The rebellion against the Messiah's kingdom by the rulers of the earth (v. 1-3); 2. God the Father's reply in word and deed (v. 4-6); 3. The coming King and Kingdom described by the Messiah, Jesus Christ, Himself (v. 7-9); 4. An exhortation to submission to the coming King by the Holy Spirit (v. 10-12).

8. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,732
    I was so happy to see this thread. I had referred to this very scripture a few weeks back, regarding how 'the chord was cut from us'.

9. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Interesting reference, Sister Chevron.

It made me think of Ezekiel 16:

Ezek.16

[1] Again the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
    [2] Son of man, cause Jerusalem to know her abominations,
    [3] And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD unto Jerusalem; Thy birth and thy nativity is of the land of Canaan; thy father was an Amorite, and thy mother an Hittite.
    [4] And as for thy nativity, in the day thou wast born thy navel was not cut, neither wast thou washed in water to supple thee; thou wast not salted at all, nor swaddled at all.

10. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,732
    Thank you Sister.

yes, Ezekiel is one of my favorite prophets because he writes in detail about the Black experience in North America and etc.

This chapter 16 is an extremely long chapter and is very deep. Some people get confused about this chapter because the Bible makes it clear that Abraham is a descendant from Shem [Semitic] and Sarah is also a descendant of Shem [Semitic].

The rest of the chapter explains in more detail that Ezekiel is speaking in reference to the aboriginal Canaanites [Amorites] and how they lusted after HITTITE women; it is their foundation. My Bible concordance cites; GENESIS 15:16 and JUDGES 1:26 for the passage EZEKIEL 16:3. Ezekiel then explains that the Jews followed after the Amorites and acted like they did in whorring after the Hittites and, Ezekiel also goes into detail in other chapters as to how the women lusted after the Assyrians, the Red Sabeans [Chaldeans] and etc. he writes that their sins were worse than the Canaanites.

Ezekiel [and Jeremiah] are deep.

At the end of this chapter [EZEKIEL 16:60-63] he reveals that even though they would be thrown down, the Creator God would restore them because of the Covenant promise he made.

Nevertheless I will remember my covenant with thee in the days of thy youth, and i will establish unto thee an everlasting covenant. EZEKIEL 16:60.