Black People : Why do some still fear Black Nationalism?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Ankhur, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,015
    Why do some folks still fear Black Nationalism and any effort to find solutions for the greater good of the race

as racism is increasing here and abroad and the economy is declining , making clear the imperative for collective economics, as a safety net for possible future privatization of public utilities services and benefits.
    One would assume that most folks would be encouraged by the concept in light of the times and our collective history

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    face it

nationalists are just no fun.

having been around nationalists for a number of years i can say that they are no fun to be around.
    they are very negative people. always telling you what NOT to like and what NOT to do.
    nationalist are straight up sexual prudes. "no sex please, we're nationalists"

can't dance. don't party. big frown on face.

nationalism is cool but nationalists are a drag.

3. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,081
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and Real Truth!

Not bad, jamesfrmphilly,

Most of that is true and agreement with it easy, another option on the table is grassroots, which begins in our own back yard and catches fire. Grassroots is in until Nationalism catches, if it ever does.

It is impressive to read and view some making a strong attempt under the Banner of the RBG to Nationalize...Red Black and Green operations, just hasn't happen yet...Peace In my brother friend, great post, for real!

4. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,015
    From that response

Phillie sounds like a dead place!

Here in NYC the RNA threw some of the baddest parties in the city back in the day,
    and the East, come on, even down there in Rocky Balboa ville, you heard of the East! Folks of all ages had much fun there, from grands to grandchildren
    No sex? guess you have never been to Queen Afua's summer festival where the ratio is 6 to one!
    I guess you have never been to one of Ausar Auset BYOBB parties!
    or the December 12, and Patrice Lumumba Coalition jazz sessions,

funny how these and other groups know how to work as well as play, but some have no time for work, but want to play all the time!
    and still expect to be free of white supremacy

5. warriorprincess

warriorprincess Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +201
    My thoughts of how I will help to change the world that I live in make me feel so ALIVE....and hopeful.

When I start thinking that things will never change and I just have to accept them as they are, thats when I start to become depressed.

I think that it would be great to have large numbers of people who want to help but I truly dont think that they are needed. I sincerely believe that a strong few can do a mighty LOT.

Peace.

6. Corvo

Corvo navigator of live MEMBER

United States
    Furniture maker, a sculptor, and fight instructor
    Ratings:
    +1,771
    It’s not about fear. The way I see it, it’s about having the correct face on your program, meals, helping to educate the community, and never about a defense provocative front. I’m not saying that’s what you are talking about. But it is what people think about when one says Black Nationalist. People, both black and white see the face of the Black Panther Party. And even though they did many things for the community, the face put on them was that of the militant.

So now it’s important not to put this face on it, and not to use this term at all. Black Nationalist gets people nervous, both sides. African American empowerment programs have a more positive sound to it. Personally I don’t think we are in a position to unite and create a national AA union. We are still too fractured to get it together for that. We need a good AA network channel first. Not a BET, but one who is more responsible to the grater black community.

The so called leaders need to put their agendas aside and unite for the benefit of the community, and not the lime light.
    We are still too individualistic and not supportive of the community enough to pull a national organization strong enough to do jack, but to put a face on it. We don’t even trust our-self’s long enough to take the initiative in this great endeavor.

So no, FEAR, is not the issue, It’s the WILL to put our egos aside, that is our impediment.

Es mi opinion, Corvo

7. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,015
    Very Insightful

You are exactly right, and in the film about the John Lennon assassination, there is a clip of Lennon and Bobby Seale ,being interviewed on a talk show and Seale bristled at the term Black nationalism as being something seperate from others, but today, a separate economic development, safety net and support system is needed now ore then ever.
    The so called talking heads present at the now defunct Tavis Smiley's state fo the Black Union are as Dr Tyrone Powers , all to a one in a compromised positions by the FBI and as he states dare not make a move for the collective good, but hopefully the internet will take over where the corporate controlled media of Cable, HDTV and radio has failed.
    We as Black folks have learned nothing from the Hispanic community regarding the intrinsic importance of owning media!

8. awo dino

awo dino Well-Known Member MEMBER

carpenter, anthropologist, teacher. Right now I te
    Ratings:
    +1,258
    Black Nationalism is too narrowly focused. It's outdated. Time for a new perspective, a fresh new approach. Look to the youth, globally. Look to the hip hop youth of Brazil, Cuba, etc. They are the new leaders. Check out sister "Magia," in Cuba.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osyAEbCL1cc

9. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,081

Welcome to Destee.com warriorprincess, seriouly:

And with those words, you have painted the proper picture. Also, you clearly explained the meaning of grassroots, starting where we are with a few...Peace In, for real!

10. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,081

So, no wonder we are without so-called, Black Nationalism, Ankhur! Brother, it seems to me what you have shared is too much partying, for real.