Black Relationships : Why do some sisters insist on dating

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by repunza, Mar 17, 2009.

1. repunza

repunza Member MEMBER

Singer
    Ratings:
    +0
    some brothers who are either thugs or just getting out of jail? I know a few sisters just love sorry brothers. What is it about these brothers?

2. free2b_me

free2b_me Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +10
    Not all sista's

Not a :censored:thing!

3. smalllady

smalllady Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    There is nothing good about these types of males and I wish and I knew why some sisters fall for these types of guys.

4. Nasheed

Nasheed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Otr Truck Driver
    Ratings:
    +168
    Did You Ever Think

These are Brothers lost in this madness and just need a "Strong Sistah" to show them the way? Im not saying that this fits all Bro's in this situation but dont count all out. We as " Black Men" have been targeted for hundreds of years.

5. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    They NEED "Love".....

Mother Love!.

Could be the Sistrens Maternal Instincts kicking in and they want to "love and treat them right"......

Problem is for many....it is a loooonnnnngggg way BACK to their Afreekan mind..and in the mean time....the hurt still happens
    The Sistren are disillusioned by this thing called "love".

M.E.

:hearts2:

6. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    because

they are "BROTHERS"

7. uplift19

uplift19 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +12
    I guess it's the alure of the "bad boy" image...it's appealing as a fantasy or fling but not as a real, long-term relationship

8. phynxofkemet

phynxofkemet Well-Known Member MEMBER

child care provider
    Ratings:
    +73
    Advocacy

I spent some years studying criminal advocacy, and I do know some brothers who were incarcerated. Studying criminology I believed that the unifying source of their behavior was rooted in ignorance of self, or self-hate.

I also felt strongly that the prison population could be rehabilitated on a large scale but not through punishment.

Now, the brothers I know personally have not been victims of the revolving door. They made their mistake, paid their time and moved on to brighter days. Not a large percentage are able to do this, because not a large percentage want to actually change themselves. Which does not make them good dating material.

The challenge of dating a brother that has been incarcerated for more than 3 years is the coping mechanisms and inmate culture that he must adapt to and adopt. The younger he enters the system, the more the culture imprints on him because he doesn't have any other life experience to draw from.

Why some women want to date Thugs, I can't say. I've never been attracted to men who carry weapons, sell drugs, or don't own a suit. That being said however, there are brothers amongst us who do their dirty in other ways, and look real "Slick Rick", or Mack the Knife". They're not any better than their thug counterparts, they just get better legal representation to stay out of jail!

Having been in jail doesn't make you a criminal for the rest of your life; there are plenty of criminals who don't get caught remember!

Now, having given my John Howard Society sounding advocacy speech, I have to admit that I've sworn to (future) dating men with a clean rap sheet. :angel1:

9. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    why do some sisters...

i'm surprised that no one has answered this yet,look black people there are two reasons...one sister has such low self esteem that she only thinks that a[thug]would want her...and the other is so stupid[and no i didn't studder]that she thinks that the only[real]blackman has to be a[thug]or done time in the whiteman's jail..both are sad.

10. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    truetothecause

Your point about the Maternal Instinct has merit. I have wondered this question too repunza brought up.

What is it really that draws the sisters to these kinds of guys? :couple:

One they come out of prison buffed and hard. That is one reason maybe.

Another could be the maternal instinct and need to tame a brother.

Woman do not want a man they can command and will do all he can for her. There is no excitement in a cooperative.

Even if she really loves her man. She looses something. Respect for her values, her self or him. :karate:

It may be that tiger in her that no longer sees a kill. The docile brother is no Real meat to :cook:Conquer.

Then maybe they are just are doing the wrong thing to be with someone they deep down know will not be faithful. May commit crime again, pulling her into it or worse danger. Gun battles.

Then it may be that Bonnie and Clyde thing. :uzi::uzi::uzi:
    I would consider robbing a bank. If I had a sister that would drink all night with me, smoke cigars ( good ones with me ) and she was a good driver and would shot and have my back. We both go out blazing. ( Just joking about the blazing part :laugh: )

==============

:thinking:This is what I thought today. Some words highlighted meaning no Ill will.
    So don't go there, be informed about the power of life and the words that control. we do these things not knowing we are going in circles with few words. to live by. If You Don't see. You Don't know. Click on a word and go there to it's definition.

Thesaurus words for "fix": KO, acclimate, acclimatize, accommodate, accord, accustom, adapt, adjust, adjust to, affix, afford proof of, aim, aim at, align, allocate, allot, alter, amend, anchor, annex, antitoxin, apportion, approach, arrange, array, ascertain, aspect, assign, assimilate, assure, astronavigation, attach, attend to, attitude, attune, auger, azimuth, baffle, bafflement, bag, bang, base, be quits, bearing, bearings, beat, beat all hollow, beat hollow, bed, belay, bend, best, bewilderment, bite, blast, block out, blot out, booster, booster dose, booster shot, bore, bother, bound, box, break, break in, bribe, brighten up, bring home to, broach, brush up, build, build in, bump off, buy, buy off, carve, case, case harden, cast, castrate, catch, celestial navigation, cement, certify, change, chart, chisel, chronometer, cinch, circle in, circumscribe, circumstance, clamp, clear for action, clear the decks, clear up, clinch, close, close with, coastwise navigation, cobble, codify, collocate, come down on, commission, compose, concenter, concentrate, conclude, condition, confirm, confoundment, confusion, consolan, cook, cook up, coordinate, corner, corrupt, count, countersink, cramp, create, croak, cure, cut, cut to, darn, dead reckoning, deal, deal out, decide, deck, decrease, deep-dye, defeat, define, delimit, delimitate, demarcate, demonstrate, denominate, deploy, desexualize, designate, destroy, determine, dilemma, direct, directionize, discomposure, disconcert, disconcertedness, disconcertion, disconcertment, dish, dismiss all doubt, dispose, distribute, disturbance, divide, do for, do in, do up, doctor, domesticate, domesticize, dose, draft, dress, drill, dropping, drub, drug packet, efform, emasculate, embarrassment, embed, emend, empierce, emplace, enclose, engraft, engrave, enigma, ensure, entrench, equalize, erase, establish, estate, etch, eunuchize, even the score, exposure, familiarize, fashion, fasten, figure, find, find out, fit, fix on, fix up, fixate, focus, follow, follow from, footing, forge, form, formalize, found, frame, frame up, freshen, frontage, furbish, furbish up, gear to, geld, gentle, get, get a fix, get at, get even with, get ready, get to, give it to, give the business, gore, gouge, gouge out, graft, grapple, grease, grease the palm, ground, gun down, habituate, harden, harmonize, have, have a case, hew, hide, hit, hold good, hold on, hold water, hole, home in on, homologate, homologize, honeycomb, hors de combat, housebreak, hypodermic, hypodermic injection, ice, impact, impale, implant, impress, imprint, increase, inculcate, indicate, infix, ingrain, injection, inoculation, inscribe, install, instill, insure, inure, invest, jam, jet injection, key to, knead, knit, knock out, lambaste, lance, lather, lay, lay off, lay out, lay the foundation, level at, lick, lick into shape, lie, line, line of position, line up, localize, locate, location, lodge, loran, lot, lubricate, mainlining, make, make a decision, make arrangements, make certain, make fast, make good, make no doubt, make no mistake, make out, make plumb, make preparations, make quits, make ready, make sure, make sure of, make uniform, make up, mark, mark boundaries, mark off, mark out, mark the periphery, marshal, measure, mend, mention, methodize, mint, mobilize, modality, mode, model, mold, moor, mutilate, mystery, nail down, name, narcotic injection, narcotic shot, naturalize, navigate, needle, neuter, nonplus, normalize, number, off, organize, orient, orientate, orientation, outclass, outdo, outfight, outgeneral, outmaneuver, outpoint, outrun, outsail, outshine, overdose, overhaul, pack, pack the deal, parcel, parcel out, pass, patch, patch up, pay, pay off, pay out, penetrate, perforate, perplexity, perturbation, pick out, pickle, pierce, pilotage, pin down, pink, pinpoint, pitch, place, plan, plane sailing, plant, plight, plot, point, point at, point out, point to, point-to-point navigation, polish, polish off, polish up, popping, portion, position, position line, posture, pother, potion, prearrange, preconcert, precontrive, predesign, predicament, premeditate, preorder, prep, prepare, present, pretreat, *****, print, problem, process, proportion, prove, prove to be, prove true, provide, punch, puncture, punish, purchase, purpose, put, put in, put in commission, put in order, put in place, put in repair, put in shape, put in tune, put to, put up, puzzle, puzzlement, quandary, quantify, quantize, radar, radio beacon, radio bearing, radio navigation, rally, range, rank, rate, rationalize, reach, ready, ready up, ream, ream out, reassure, rebuild, recap, reconcile, recondition, reconstruct, rectify, reduce, regiment, regularize, regulate, remove all doubt, renovate, repair, resolve, retouch, retread, revamp, revise, revive, riddle, rig, right, rivet, root, rope off, rough out, roughcast, roughhew, routinize, rubout, rub up, ruin, rule, run through, scheme, scrape, screw up, sculpt, sculpture, scuttle, seal, season, seat, secure, see that, see to it, select, serve one out, service, set, set at rest, set in, set out, set right, set the limit, set to, set to rights, setup, settle, settle preliminaries, settle the matter, settle the score, settle with, sew up, sextant, shape, shine, shoot down, shooting up, shoran, shot, show, sight on, signify, similarize, sink, situate, situation, skewer, skin, skin alive, skin-popping, sofar, sonar, sop, sort out, space, spay, spear, specialize, specify, spike, spit, spot, spruce, spruce up, square, square accounts, stab, stabilize, stack the cards, stake out, stamp, standardize, standing, state, station, status, steady, stereotype, stew, stick, stipulate, straighten out, suborn, surround, sync, synchronize, systematize, tables, tailor, take a resolution, take care of, take revenge, tame, tamper with, tan, tap, thermoform, thrash, tickle the palm, tighten, tinker, tinker up, tone up, torpedo, touch up, train, train upon, transfix, transpierce, treat, trepan, trephine, triangulate, trice up, trim, trim to, triumphover, trounce, true, true up, try out, tune, tune up, turn, turn upon, unassuredness, undo, unsex, upset, vaccination, vaccine, vamp, vamp up, vest, waste, wedge, whip, will, wipe out, wont, work, work out, worst, zap, zero in on

3: the act of putting something in working order again [syn: {repair}, {fixing}, {fixture}, {mend}, {mending}, {reparation}

To fix is a reparation. Woman love to fix things. and

Thesaurus words for "solve": account for, allegorize, answer, bottom, break, cipher, clarify, clear up, colliquate, crack, cut, debug, decide, decipher, decoagulate, decoct, decode, deliquesce, demonstrate, demythologize, determine, disentangle, dissolve, divine, do, dope, dope out, elucidate, enlighten, euhemerize, exemplify, explain, explainaway, explicate, exposit, expound, fathom, figure out, find out, find the answer, find the solution, fix, fluidify, fluidize, flux, fuse, get, get right, give reason for, give the meaning, guess, guess right, have it, hit it, hold in solution, illuminate, illustrate, infuse, interpret, leach, liquefy, liquesce, liquidize, lixiviate, make clear, make out, make plain, melt, melt down, open the lock, percolate, plumb, popularize, psych, psychout, puzzle out, rationalize, ravel, ravel out, resolve, reveal, riddle, run, settle, shed light upon, show, show how, show the way, simplify, solubilize, sort out, spell out, thaw, thin, throw light upon, unclot, undo, unfold, unlock, unravel, unriddle, unscramble, untangle, untwist, unweave, work, work out

Men love to solve.

============
    Maybe we have the Reparations we seek as African Americans in all the wrong places. Only a woman can heal ( fix ) a :injured:man.

Only a man can solve certain things a Woman can't in this world and society.

So when a Woman dates a Brother that has been incarcerated
    She is giving him his reparations and trying to fix him since he is broken.
    Sister for ages have been the back for the Brothers.

Now I need a woman to give me my reparations. I want to be fixed. So I am going to commit a crime tomorrow morning. Can someone have her pick me up at five. I don't want to go to prison to be treated right. But if that is the case.. I am ready!:laugh: