Black Relationships : Why Do Some Of You Men Let Yourself Fall By The Wayside After Awhile?

jamesfrmphilly said:
i keep myself up to the best of my ability for ME.
i always smell good and i'm always clean.
hey, i brush my teeth before talking to my girl on the phone!

some do see marriage as an excuse to let their selves go.
that's one reason why i'm not married.

familiarity breeds comtempt.

:haha: :haha: :haha: You wash your teeth before talkin' to her on tha' phone!
That's Funny!!!!! ...

And it really is sad that some people do this- that applies to both Men and Women. But the Joke is truly on them when their mate skips off with the next Tom,Dana or Jerry!.

1hotvirgowoman said:
Man that SUCKS!!!!!. It makes me mad because I put a lot of effort into the way that I groom myself for my mate and he doesn't even notice nor does he bother to reciprocate the gesture. What's up with that Kente?. Is he getting tired of seeing me all dolled up or do I have to wear underwear with some holes in it to get some attention?.

BTW: sometimes he don't take a shower for 3 to 4 days- fo'sho!

No shower for 3 or 4 days...that's just nasty!!!

Maybe the reason that he doesn't show interest is because he's too comfortable with you. Many people get so comfortable with the person that they're with that they start forgetting what it is that won that person over. Either they forget or they don't care anymore. How long have you guys been together?

kente417mojo said:
No shower for 3 or 4 days...that's just nasty!!!

Maybe the reason that he doesn't show interest is because he's too comfortable with you. Many people get so comfortable with the person that they're with that they start forgetting what it is that won that person over. Either they forget or they don't care anymore. How long have you guys been together?

Tell me about it!!!. He just wallows in his filth! I find it to be amusing believe it or not!. But sometimes, I just wanna :ref: and say: " Get your Lazy-a** Up and Take A Shower Maggot!!!!".....D'oh well...

You are on to something Super Slueth!. We dated for about 1yr, then I got Pregnant and we got Married. We have been Married for 1 1/2 years. I believe that we are BOTH too comfortable.....and I don't like it one bit. But the thing is, I don't know what to do about it. I have tried doing different things but it really leads me nowhere, especially when you have a Guy that isn't open to try "New" things..what a Bore! We haven't even been together for that long!!!!!!

1hotvirgowoman said:
We have been Married for 1 1/2 years. I believe that we are BOTH too comfortable.....and I don't like it one bit. But the thing is, I don't know what to do about it. I have tried doing different things but it really leads me nowhere, especially when you have a Guy that isn't open to try "New" things..what a Bore! We haven't even been together for that long!!!!!!

IMO, if you two are young you might be hitting that point where one of you realizes that you aren't happy being married or living with someone. People act a lot different when they don't know where you are and who you are around. If you guys are married and living together, that might be a reason why you guys take each other for granted. How many times did he not shower before you guys got married? I've been in relationships where I lived with someone and it totally changed. I've been married and after that it totally changed. People...men and women...get a sense of comfort when they know where you are, where you going and who you're going with. When they don't, they try and make every moment with you count because they don't want to drive you into anyone else's arms. Sometimes commitment is the biggest problem in a relationship, because it lets people feel like you have no other options. When they don't know your every move, they stay on their toes and try to make sure that you're happy. Try to find out what's up by seriously talking to him. Let him get a sense that you are not happy. Sometimes you have to shake things up and let people know that you aren't just going to sit contently and be unhappy just because you're in a relationship. Maybe that will make him shape up. If not...you might have to ship out if it's making you that unhappy.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back