Black Relationships : Why Do Some Of You Men Let Yourself Fall By The Wayside After Awhile?

Monetary said:
Sista, I don't know much about the unkempt hair or messy clothing in one's dress. But, I do admit to taking my ex for granted after a period of time. And, I've learned not to do that. You can ask a few women on this site about that. Hey, babies. :wink: :lol:

Seriously, I've worked hard on not doing that. I think time to ourselves can help that situation a bit. My ex used to go out with the ladies...they called it ladies night. Although we weren't married, she went out with a 5-member group of married women. Being around each other all the time can become a little monotonous and may seem just a tad bit boring.

Peace, Family.

:toast:

Thank You for Replying Brotha'. But why is it that you neglected your Lady in the first palce? Was it something that she did or did not do that made you neglect her ? and when you say "Neglect", what was your definition of the term?....Look at me, askin' you ALL those questions.SLAP!(me slapping my hands). But really,I'm :thinking: about this and wondering what I can do about it.

$$RICH$$ said:
Faithfully I can't speak on that because i never kept myself up for any woman
but for myself i try to look my best smell of best and handle my business daily
and nightly , I don't tend to stray away from a nice groom and bath nor fall apart
in my dressing but those who do must was putting up a front from the start .

The way you meet me is the way you will leave me , Clean , Neat , groomed
there maybe a few men that fall apart who was already apart !
I was raised to look my best , bath and be neat i don't spend time in no mirror
but i do visit it
you will never catch my bathtub or sink Dry i love H2O .................................

can't speak for everyone but me .

:welldone: $Rich$ Brotha' I tip my Fedora hat to you!!!. I know your Girl be kickin' it up on Cloud Nine 'cause you keep yourself " So Fresh and So Clean". I know that I would definatley appreciate that in a mate!.

Stay Fresh not Funky Playa' Parker!

bigtown said:
ASK A WOMAN WHY SHE DOES IT, THEN YOU'LL GET YOUR ANSWER.

THAT'S MY "BIG" OPINION.

Well, not necessarily Big'. Men and Women are totally different when it comes to almost EVERYTHING!. You can ask a Man why he doesn't Bathe on a regular Basis then turm around and ask a Woman the same question and you'll get a totally different answer out of the two. Soo, I'll have to disagree with you on that Biggie- Big!

kente417mojo said:
True, I think women are much worse than men when it comes to this problem.

At any rate, I do agree with what you're saying. When people in general get married they tend to let themselves go to hell. The sex happens less, the foreplay ends, people gain too much weight and stop worrying about their appearance. This is why people divorce and never want any parts of marriage again...and I agree with that approach. People don't respect their mate once the chase is over. The only time people start caring again is when they see someone else that they want to impress...or after the relationship is over and they have to try and reel someone else in so they won't be alone. Then the cycle continues.

Man that SUCKS!!!!!. It makes me mad because I put a lot of effort into the way that I groom myself for my mate and he doesn't even notice nor does he bother to reciprocate the gesture. What's up with that Kente?. Is he getting tired of seeing me all dolled up or do I have to wear underwear with some holes in it to get some attention?.

BTW: sometimes he don't take a shower for 3 to 4 days- fo'sho!

i keep myself up to the best of my ability for ME.
i always smell good and i'm always clean.
hey, i brush my teeth before talking to my girl on the phone!

some do see marriage as an excuse to let their selves go.
that's one reason why i'm not married.

familiarity breeds comtempt.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back