Egypt : Why do some of us claim to be Egyptians

farming.jpg

Didn't quite get that?

This is what I refer to:

Chas0x01 said:
I also would like to see Afro-centrist focus more on West Africa and other less known African civilizations.

Why dismiss study of Egypt and the Moors to focus on "less known" African civilizations? Most blacks don't even know WE were pharoah, much less that Western civilization came out of Africa, via Egypt to Greece. And surely you don't feel we know all there is to know about Egypt, thus, it's time to move on, folks!

Btw, when I say OUR Egyptian ancestors, I am not claiming Egypt as my personal ancestral origins. I am claiming Egypt as an African country, and the ancient Egyptians as a black people. Our Egyptian ancestry = our BLACK ancestry. Just as a white person from any country, not just Italy, would claim opera as a European invention.

Maybe it would help you if you did a study of the migrations of Kemetic peoples to see what West Afrakan places they went to, huh? Then answer why shrines and writings from ancient Kemet show up in Nigeria, Ghana, the Congo and other places. Do you think that would help you any? Then study the Yoruba and other systems and find out the correspondence or where their origins came from. Do you think that would help you? Bottom line: GO BACK AND STUDY!!....Thank You!

Thank you so much. This is why I always say any study of Africa and her peoples should begin with Dr. Chancellor Williams' "The Destruction of Black Civilization." In it, he lays out the migrations of blacks from Egypt to the interior of Africa, and the reasons why.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back