Black People : Why do some of us claim to be Egyptians

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Brother Realist, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Brother Realist

Brother Realist Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Why do some of us claim to be Egyptians, Moors, Olmecs, Hebrews, Vikings, Chinese, ect.? These claims can not only be disproven by scientific evidence but its just plain common sense. These brothers claim everything and everybody but black Africans.
    It's really insulting trying to do research on African history and always wind up on some site promoting these lies. I wish our brothers and sisters would embrace TRUE African History so-called BLACK history, but it seems these want nothing to do with it.

Can somebody paint a picture for me, please? I mean we are being laughed at the world over because of these clowns.

2. Brother Realist

Ratings:
    +1
    I've studied African history and culture, reading about great civilizations that once thrived there such as the Kingdom of Benin and the Fon city of Dahomey that developed a female army known as the Ahosi. Also the Nok Civilization who brought iron melting to west Africa. Why are these not treasured? Instead we get all these brothers claiming civilizations that have nothing to do with them at all. I mean there was probably a minority of us in Egypt during the Pharaohs or a minority of Moorish slaves but that does not constitute claiming the whole civilization.

I wish we focused more on our true history and not that of the white, berber, arab or Asian.

3. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
  4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,735
    ok, why don't you tell us what that is?

5. Chas0x01

Chas0x01 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31

I also would like to see Afro-centrist focus more on West Africa and other less known African civilizations. However I don't see whites conflicted over which European civilization they oughta claim. If it's European they claim it. Whites will even claim non-European/non-white civilizations.

Why can't black people take pride in all black civilizations, or the contributions of blacks in other non-black civilizations.

6. Brother Realist

Ratings:
    +1
    Hello Ms.Interpet,

To Answer your question, Africans are the Ancient Egyptians but not us so-called black people. The people in Egypt today are the same as the time of the Pharaohs. Black people were in Nubia(south of Egypt) and had many interactions with the Egyptians and yes, some became very prominent, but that is a very small minority of so-called black people. The people that the Ancient Egyptians mostly resemble are the Coptic Egyptians. These Egyptians have very little outside influence in their genetic heritage because of their strict religious laws to marry within their own culture.

Just google Coptic Egyptians and you will see the resemblance.

7. Brother Realist

Ratings:
    +1
    I don't see whites doing that, if they do it's not related to skin color like us. It usually Nationalistic with whites. We claim civilizations that are not BLACK, nor have ever been BLACK and claim them as BLACK.

I get the feeling these clowns are just trying to compete with or impress the white man. It is very embarrassing for us as a people.

Thanks for your input

8. Brother Realist

Ratings:
    +1
    I cannot post links yet :(

9. Chas0x01

Chas0x01 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31

White people study 'Western Civilization'.
    http://www2.cruzio.com/~zdino/psychology/foundations.western.civilization.timeline.htm

Where Mesopotamians and Egyptians are considered 'Caucasians', and are depicted as white in popular culture.

And it don't matter if you have nothing to do with Greek and Roman history, this is still considered 'white history' and is studied by all white people.

From there, whites will study all the various specific white empires, and specific white contributors to the advancement of man, because they white like them.

Now if you're saying the ancient Egyptians weren't black Africans that's a different story all together. All the most recent research is telling us that during the pre-dynastic period, there was racial and cultural consistency between Upper Egypt and Lower Nubia, even extending this racial/cultural 'oneness' into northern Sudan.

10. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    Brutha, read Dr. Chancellor Williams, "The destruction of black civilization." Your knowledge of ancient Africa and her peoples is woefully deficient. Ex., the Pharoahs were black.... just like the people they ruled were black. We were no "minority." We were "it!"

Btw, the word Moor means "black" so why you have a prob with black folk identifying with a people whose name means BLACK is a lil odd, as well.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why do some black anericans claim egypt