Destee Network : Why do some blackfolks rather take advice from a white person

Discussion in 'Destee Network :' started by Africandr, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Africandr

Africandr Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    and think that since I'm black my advice might not be worth asmuch
    I'm into online autosurf,and I've made a lot of money from it,like $5500 profit since mid Sep, anyway so I tell a friend cause she asked me why I was all happy today. Then as I tell her, she proceeds to attack everything I say yet she keeps asking more questions. At the end of everything I got frustrated and told her oh well, when u see me end of the weekI'll have an extra $1000 added to it anyway :)
    Ok had to vent:spin:
    If anyone is interested though holla back or check out tutorial i made a while ago like month ago http://www.freewebs.com/drnubian/

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    often we are question about our ability and knowledge
    when it come to advice , but we let ourselves be handled
    in this myth of belief our worth is deeper and richer then Gold
    if we use it and spread it anyway ......I feel you on this .

3. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137

This is caused by numerous things. One is centuries of conditioning. We have been conditioned not only to NOT trust eachother but also what source to go to to satisfy our wants and needs. Also blacks are put in situations designed to fail so when it happen it can further build upon the stereotypes of inadequacy black people have been labeled with. What we must do is become more business saavy, more knowledgeable as consumer and develop a trusting relationship between businesses and customers....

4. Africandr

Africandr Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I Totally agree because I had mentioned it to her b4 but it was only cause she overhead another white mutual friend of ours talking about it that she became interested, hence the questions. Frankly I got frustrated with her questions, and told her to go ask ol girl,since her words carry more weight
    :book:

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery,non but ourselves can free our minds--Bob Marley

5. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137

You check her on it. Ask her why she choose to treat you like you where running a pyramid scam when you tried to impart some financial wisdom on someone you though of as more than a friend but a sister?

Peace....

6. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    Hmm... this is talking about 12dailypro again. Someone else had talked about this earlier.

But anyway... a lot of people are distrustful of things claiming to make money online. This is for good reason because so many of them are scams. People have a tendency of discounting everything online even if it is legitimate. I think this might be what is preventing her from trusting your method fully, not because of your race... though I'm assuming she herself is black too. If she was non-black, then perhaps you have a poiint.