Black People Politics : Why do so many blacks vote Democrat

Sawyerloggingon

BANNED
Aug 22, 2018
The statistics on this are very lopsided and very stable. The question is why?

"Trends in party affiliation among black voters have been largely stable over recent years. Overall, 87% of black voters identify with the Democratic Party or lean Democratic, compared with just 7% who identify as Republican or lean Republican."

http://www.people-press.org/2016/09/13/2-party-affiliation-among-voters-1992-2016/

Let's begin at the beginning. Lincoln freed the slaves and Lincoln was a Republican.
Next you have the civil Rights act of 1964 which democrats filibustered and Republicans passed.
Democrats until very recently had a man who was a KKK Grand Wizard (whatever that is) in the Senate.

All this leaves this old white guy wondering just WTF is the reason blacks are so loyal to the DNC. Anyone care to explain?

Why do so many blacks vote Democrat
The statistics on this are very lopsided and very stable. The question is why?

Let's begin at the beginning. Lincoln freed the slaves and Lincoln was a Republican.

Because the democratic party is the lesser of two(2) evils. Besides, the republican party of today, is not the party of Lincoln.

Let's not forget, Abe Lincoln was assassinated, was he not?

Why do so many blacks vote Democrat

Because the democratic party is the lesser of two(2) evils. Besides, the republican party of today, is not the party of Lincoln.

Let's not forget, Abe Lincoln was assassinated, was he not?

Yes Lincoln was assassinated by a democrat and more recently there's the civil Rights act that democrats attempted to assassinate. Seems to me the Republicans are the lesser of two evils if you want to go that route.
Really though how are republicans evil to blacks? We want nothing more and nothing less than equality for all. A level playing field and may the best man win. When I say we I speak metaphorically of course because I too think both parties suck and the Republicans are the lesser of two evils. It's not about race with me though it's about greed and corruption in both parties being the primary driver instead of working for the good of the citizenry.

Yes Lincoln was assassinated by a democrat and more recently there's the civil Rights act that democrats attempted to assassinate. Seems to me the Republicans are the lesser of two evils if you want to go that route.
Really though how are republicans evil to blacks? We want nothing more and nothing less than equality for all. A level playing field and may the best man win. When I say we I speak metaphorically of course because I too think both parties suck and the Republicans are the lesser of two evils. It's not about race with me though it's about greed and corruption in both parties being the primary driver instead of working for the good of the citizenry.

All of which above proves my point, both parties are evil, and Black folk are typically democrats, by choice, while White folk tend to support republicans, by choice.

Just respect the freedom of choice. No one here is questioning your right to be a republican nor complaining about it.

The Civil Rights Act would again not made it if not for LBJ. The Dixiecrats may have gotten away with filibustering JFK but not LBJ, who was a politician who was cut from much the same cloth as Huey Long. We all know Huey's story and how he got as far as he did don't we?
After the bill passed the Dixiecrats and followers left the Dem's and fled to the GOP. And guess what the Dixiecrats did for the GOP and where they took them?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back