Black Relationships : why do sistas seek men for royality

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by $$RICH$$, May 20, 2003.

1. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    What is it most women seek in their mate
    i mean i've seen and known that many
    seek love in the wrong way as all the long it was the power
    of sex posed upon him only to use him for whatever she can
    get ............
    once done they move forward to someone new !
    what ever happen to loyality and respect and commitment
    love , seem like today we just act with no reason
    maybe ladies got lost on the teaching from the true women
    from the pass .....help me out here ?????
    :confused:

2. serenti-poet

serenti-poet Well-Known Member MEMBER

High School Teacher
    Ratings:
    +2
    I think in my own personal opinion that our society these days is nothing but about money and basically women have been drawn into such superficial mess. Me in my own eyes I think above all when a woman finds her mate or lover or whatever you want to call it I think above all the feeling should be mutual. call me old fashion or whatever you want to but women (especially black women) seem as if they no longer care if the man that they lie down with are in love with them are in love with what's between their legs. I will not lie to you RICH it is very normal I think to want your "man" to have money but it should not be the number 1 thing in a relationship. My mother has told me time and time again to find a man with money and hold on to him. And when I was younger i use to ask what about love mama. And she would always tell me love would come later. I love my mama very dearly and more than any human being on this earth but when she would tell me this I would question the realtionship between her and my father. In conclusion I have to say RICH I only know what I believe and being that I am a woman I hope you've found some use of my information. but just as you are I am :confused: peace and blessins

3. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Sex? I think some women choose men for pleasures because they dont feel themselves worthy of love or maybe they have been hurt by someone and deny themselves love. As for as money goes some choose financial stabilty over love because love dont pay the bills. I myself look for compatability in a man. Someone I can share with. someone who is not selfish. Someone who is emotionally strong because I am so flexible when it comes to my moods. I seek someone who can handle those qualities in myself.
    someone who is open minded. Sex and money have never been an issue with me but however it is still a plus. (Smiles) Here's a question for you. Why do men choose women who are physically attractive but dont want nothin more than whats in his pocket? Or just want to sleep with them?

4. Nfant_De_Milieu

Nfant_De_Milieu Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I think some women seek financial gain from men because some women use shopping / material things to fill a void they have in their lifes. Also, some women are easy influenced. They read or see someone having that fantasy life and want it. Furthermore, through skillful marketing these days, there is always some reason that a man is suppose to buy a women something. ***Been dating for a week, by your girl this.....***

For the men sleeping around, part of the problem is perception and/or lack of guidance. These days being a so called playa is the thing. Society projects a lot of this to males. In the movies, the hero always get the girl, in music it is about how many women u have. My first few years during under- grad being a playa was the thing to be, I thought, before I matured. The ratio females to males was like 8:1 or maybe even higher. I had friends bragging about how many females they slept with. Also, I had some of my single uncles were more the playa types and they preach their playa ideas on me.

Although, my uncles who were happily married would tell me a different story. Get that nice sistah, donot make those babies, etc. One of my married uncles even came to me and mention to me about this sistah,(my cousin's sister in-law), who had herself together, recent graduate, a teacher, no kids, my age! :) He insisted that i atleast introduce myself to her. I did and things have been going well!

This is why I say we need more positive images on television. One reason I was opposed to that television show Platinum. Some would watch that show religiously and try to immate.

5. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    thank u all this somewhat clear the smoke but still as i see it
    even if most females do seek in mens the royality of their well beings to some fact from the yesteryears of women to the way women now carry self don't u see them to a point as a live in call girl or a fast dip hooker men has fallen to this for a long time and most use what they got to get what they want .......do this over step the fact of love yes i understand so many do play this role of i love u to seek royality
    now serenti.......as u stated yes it's fine for a mate to count on the other for money but to use her power that she pose between her legs to capture his pocket make her some kind of home bound money hungry push when she don't love him only the pocket once dry she gone see men has fallen for this wild trap

purple .....it's a fact yes men do floss to women for sexual contact again it's the weak minds and the power a woman pose over him that's why so many become fallen babies to a woman and she most part see through him and take him to the bridge for all the money she can get and then scat.......but i agree with u on this

Nfant............i agree this do enlighten the facts
    we have in today's world playas on both sides not only men but ladies as well this be one of the ways to get ahead
    most as forgotten the wild spread of AIDS and other contacts
    the player game is a loser game for sure you all have been a big help to my research and capturing the reason women do strip men for cash .....

6. NADIA*BINTA

NADIA*BINTA Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    what i seek in a man is physical, mental & spiritual stimulation. may seem strange, but i've never been the gold-digging type that's not what interests me. like Badu i look for someone to bring me water for the flowers growing from my mind... so ultimately we can water and help each other grow into whatever and whoever we're suppose to be..

7. NADIA*BINTA

NADIA*BINTA Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    oh, yeah... i guess it is royalty i seek in this sense: is the man in tune with THE KING (GOD) and are HIS WAYS illuminating the man's mind... his dome?...

that's the kind of KINGDOM i dig

8. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    indeed i hear ya i think most look at what they can get in the
    wrong way as to the fact of his inner beings and beauty
    if any woman feel need to dig this royality
    should start at the top what's inside his head how he think
    what kind of heart he pose coz all money not clean
    u can get the royality but i get u ......not an even trade
    when it should be about love as partners , mates
    Thank u for your imput Nadia*Binta

9. triniti424

triniti424 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Singapore
    Servant of the People
    Ratings:
    +131
    Hmmmmm...one of the biggest blessings I believe that God has given people is the power to make their own decisions. Its all about choices...everyone has the power to shape in their mind who they are and what they want.

You say Royalty but I dont think many woman look for "Royalty" so to speak. Because of the society we live in driven by money, sex, infidelity, and whateva' Men & Women are both looking for the being to "satisfy" not a LOVE that will continually gratify. They choose what they THINK they need.

In my opinion...ROYALTY aint a brotha whose pockets are overflowin or he's so fine he drop women like flies on a hot day(different women like differnt looks anyway)...I need him to love God like my sista' Nadia*Binta spoke on. If he can love the supreme, he can love me and I have faith in a Godly blessed love that together with TRU' love we can provide for our love and whateva may come through God's good graces but...that comes from my own learned SELF-RESPECT.

Believe it or not my virginity and my state of mind keep me on my toes. I stopped looking for love, I mean if I in my sinful state keep makin mistakes then how I'm gonna pick the right brotha?!?! (and trust I've lived a rowdy short life B4 :) ) I let go and let God. I live life to its fullest ( i mean really :) ) and let love come to me. My few close friends ask me how I'll know since I'm constantly turning away men (not just brotha's) who SEEM right but...knowing true love wit God I know that love should be real, like U said, lovin me inside even if I dont got no perm in my hair and my baggy shirt and big sweats hide my hourglass. If you love me lookin tow' up U deserve to see me work it out dressed up! :) Love aint supposed to call me out my name just because I wont let ya grab my booty, or I wont wear that spandex lil piece that looks like floss but its a shirt or sometin stupid like that. I delt wit all that triflin mess.

I trust that God has my best interests in mind after all he did say he would grant my hearts desires. I have so much to offer I cant imagine wastin it on some one stop pop!...

Our sistas need to reclaim their self-worth and when they love God and learn to truly love themselves all the triflin' searchin and game playin' will stop. Sista's need to learn love or else how you gonna know it if you've neva seen it! Most sistas associate sex wit love but...I aint neva had sex (thats no reason to sell my wisedom short! TRUST ME I know enough in my wild life days) but I've been loved and I've shared love and I know love, SEX is called makin love when it stems from a bond of LOVE! I long for the day that my tru love takes me and makes me his love and...:)

But I dont linger on the thought of it EVER'yDAY!
    I speak from experience by association thankfully I can say no one has stolen any of my sexual soul. My sista's need to find themselves and I couldnt say all that if I hadnt traveled down a road of confusion my **** self! But sistas gotta want somethin betta for themselves, they need to desire it like a breeze on a hot day if they dont...let the game playin continue...

10. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    yes i agree triniti....u spoken much truth by self knowledge
    where one been on the road of many that walks dis misguided
    path.....yes women need to fine self again and the respect of their soul as to GOD within forth true love will be given
    i like what u saying .........Thank u so much for your input