Black People : Why Do Religions Despise the Human Body?

river

Watch Her Flow
REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
When I used to go to Church one day I was in the pator's study talking to the pastor and the assistant pastor. I was wearing a jumper with a halter top and a jacket over it. Well I was standing there in front of these men not realizing that the string which held the top of the jumper up had come unloose and one of my breast was visible. One of them said something and I quickly pulled the jacket closed and left the office in morbid embarrassment.I went out into the fellowship hall. The assistant pastor came in hollering at me as if I had done it on purpose talking abotj "I don't want to see that." I burst into tears more hurt by his caustic words but he kept on like the softer the bread the harder the butter.

In truth I have an Afrocentric view of the breast and am not naturally self conscious about them but I was trained and programmed to think of them as something I should be embarrassed about.

I have never understood why these people hate the body , especially the female body , so much. They say the believe God created the body and said it was very good but when confronted with what God said is very good they say "Eeeewww felthy, nasty, disgusting, dirty. get it out of my face."

How can you honour the Creator by dishonouring the creation?

When I used to go to Church one day I was in the pator's study talking to the pastor and the assistant pastor. I was wearing a jumper with a halter top and a jacket over it. Well I was standing there in front of these men not realizing that the string which held the top of the jumper up had come unloose and one of my breast was visible. One of them said something and I quickly pulled the jacket closed and left the office in morbid embarrassment.I went out into the fellowship hall. The assistant pastor came in hollering at me as if I had done it on purpose talking abotj "I don't want to see that." I burst into tears more hurt by his caustic words but he kept on like the softer the bread the harder the butter.

In truth I have an Afrocentric view of the breast and am not naturally self conscious about them but I was trained and programmed to think of them as something I should be embarrassed about.

I have never understood why these people hate the body , especially the female body , so much. They say the believe God created the body and said it was very good but when confronted with what God said is very good they say "Eeeewww felthy, nasty, disgusting, dirty. get it out of my face."

Generalizations are iteresting and as Robert Anton Wilson stated the first statue of Jesus Christ was as a fertility deity with an enormous hard on, kinda like a chest of drawers with one of the drawers sticking fully out.
The Hindo religion has the Karma Sutra and women's breat are open in most of their statues of their deities
The religion of Crete the Godess is shown fully clothed but with breats fully visible, and there are probably more nude statues and paintings in the Sistine Chapel then any where in the world.

Practically all religions state that the body is sacred, except for the Cathars of France , that cocidered it to be an impediment.

But the term despise seems out of place when discussing

spiritual and physical matters.

Despise is an interesting term to generalize, and one of he most cruel forms of incarceration is to keepa prisoner either in a constant state of darkness or a constant state of light.

However darkness is essential for sleep and meditation and light is necessary for ....well what'sthere to explain.

In spiritual terms a seed looks nothing like a plant or a tree, and a caterpillar looks nothing like a butterfly,

but the darkness that they are entombed in are necessary for the transformation or what the Ketics called Khepera,

symbolized by the Dung Beeetle pushing the sun in its orbit around Sirius as Sirius revolves around the central Black hole in the Milky way

Do the Orishas have physical or higher dimensional bodies?

Do the Neteru have physical or higher dimensional bodies?

Has it not been proven by the double blind studies of Remote Viewing that
consciousness is not determined by a physical body and that one may travel in consciousness outside of the body?

The scientific evidence of this is irrefutble!

What religions most if not all religions attempt to do is to take consciousness out of the mundane or physical only, realm into the

realm of spirit or higher dimensions and perceptions

I REALLY DON'T SEE IT AS A BODY-HATING THING....

AND THE NEGATIVE JUDGEMENTAL GESTURES IS REALLY ROOTED IN WHITEWASHING OF THE BLACK MIND....

IN MY OPINION....THAT COULD HAVE BEEN HANDLED WITH POISE & PROFESSIONALISM ON THE ASST. PASTOR'S PART.....

IN SEVERAL WAYS & ON SEVERAL LEVELS , HE SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF HIS REACTION....REGARDLESS IF YOU DID IT ON PURPOSE OR NOT.....HE WASN'T EVEN MAN ENOUGH TO GIVE YOU THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT....

I CAN TELL YOU THAT NOT ALL BLACK CHURCHES TAKE ON THE AFROCENTRIC VIEWS THAT YOU APPEAR TO HAVE....

IT'S MORE LIKE TALK BLACK , ACT BLACK , AND SEE BLACK , ONLY THROUGH EUROPEAN STANDARDS.....THANKS TO SLAVERY , OPPRESSION & TELEVISION.....

I WAS RAISED BAPTIST....AND SINCE I BEEN ON MY OWN BLACK HISTORY JOURNEY , I LEARNED A FEW THINGS....

THE BLACK CHURCH WAS SET UP BY THE SLAVEMASTER....IN ORDER TO MAKE THE SLAVES SUFFER.......PEACEFULLY

AS MUCH AS IT IS A HAVEN , IT'S ALSO A PACIFIER.....OTHERWISE JUDGEMENT WOULD BE PASSED LESS , AND UNIFICATION AMONGST OTHER TYPES OF BLACK PEOPLE IN AMERICA , WOULD BE PREACHED MORE.....

BECAUSE NO MATTER WHAT WE DO OR SAY , IF WE DON'T UNIFY , WE CANT WIN....

I SAY TO YOU SIS. RIVER.....DO YO THANG !!

...AND DON'T HOLD YOUR HEAD DOWN FOR NOBODY....

BECAUSE INSTEAD OF POINTING FINGERS AT YOU , THAT ASST. PASTOR SHOULD HAVE BEEN REJOICING THE FACT THAT YOU EVEN SHOWED UP....WHICH IS THE HARDEST STEP....

PEACE TO YOU , SIS. RIVER...

WARRIOR

I'm saying though... that breast thing must have been mad flustering! My condolences! :D

Peace fam.

I can't help but think that, in many religions (mostly the 3 big ones today), without shame of the body there would be no fear and regret. The eternal sin which has been laid upon us by certain religions wouldn't be possible without the element of shame. Some thoughts on this is laid down below.

Lastly, you are on point for the following statement:

One,

- Ikoro

"The Shame

In christianity, the most potent intoxicator of mans rationale is the dogma of shame. This one, too, inescapable in life. Because god sent us a son and had him die for our sins, we are to be eternally ashamed of our wretchedness and innate propensity for things that are unchristian, ungodly or downright shameful (see: illicit sex, lust, dancing with vigorous movement of the hips, make up, flirting, romantic music).

Among all the well known christians, only a few have chanced upon the Light of Reason and discovered the question they all should have asked long ago: who decided for me what is and what is not shameful?

Yet, all who stand up and ask for proof, evidence or even a measure of tenability are branded as Doubting Thomases performing the act of apostasy (should they opt out of the farce).

Shame, then, serves as the moral police. They watch you, enforce rules on you and sometimes force you to refrain from an action, or go ahead with one. If you break the rules, you are penalized. The catholic (spiritual) infants have devised a great way of coping with the constant distress; they go to church and confess their "sins" and are therefore absolved from their sins. Most other christians have no such plan or escape, and have chosen to linger in shame - some even believe it is correct and noble to be ashamed of oneself."

Another point to be made is that people have chosen to interpret the bible stories a certain way; Eve has been blamed for the Original Sin even though the Bible does not blame her. She is the temptress, the snake, the deceiver etc. I personally believe this is because man, in his ignorance of his true self, is afraid of the woman as she has more power than him. This fear ended up in scriptures of various religions because men were straight shook, and needed to control and subdue females.

In any case, they (Adam and Eve) had to put on garments because of their sin that apparently damned us all, and so we must be ashamed too - if we were not we would be dishonoring the death of christ. The shame is just inherent in todays misunderstood teachings.

One,

- Ikoro

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back