The Front Porch : Why do people dislike reading history?

Hold up. Right now. I don't know you, and if it's your style to attack rather than conversate, I'm not interested in making your acquaintance. This is only the 2nd thread in which you've ever posted to me. The first was to let me know I wasn't intelligent ("any intelligent person would...." agree with YOUR myopia, remember?). You begin the 2nd in "this" series with another insult. It is not you, but I.... who will not play your game. :wave:

A few more words of advice:

One thing to respect other folks right to air opinions:

Quite another when others can't or won't respect your right to...

I. e., again and again, some operate on the basis of treating whatever is just popularly accepted as though they need not present any facts to back up their accusations, etc.

To me, hearsay and gossip are just that, as well as besides the point...

Anybody has their choice to change our minds, not browbeat us, just because we don't go along with what others need or want us to believe...

FYI

There are two approaches, one is the right way and the other is the wrong way...

I. e., one can respond by the way of an open mind, or a closed mind...

The first reflects a realization not one issue or problem is the reason Jennie or Johnny allegedly or really doesn't read etc. on the alleged or real level of young whites etc.

The second is one's own personal reactions etc. on the defensive side, which leads to rash (bad) judgement calls, and suggestion of just about everything to save our youth, i. e, in order to undo past or present eras of alleged or real levels of deliberate miseducation etc.

No our young people weren't and aren't born brain dead...

Nor do I accept lower standards to just help them play catch up...

But, they can and only will, i. e., when we quit making excuses for allowing them to be 'failures'-- and/or also making excuses for others who do, some of whom advance themselves at our expense, too...

FYI

How ironic this discussion/debate is?

All the while the very present and future of public schools are being challenged by numbers of those so called private acadamies, i. e., whereas their students are also expected to play catch up, with their white prep counterparts in far better funded private schools!

Do keep that in mind as well...

FYI

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back