The Front Porch : Why do people dislike reading history?

candeesweet

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Aug 20, 2010
I don't even claim this to be a black thing, but in relationship to white males, some supposedly black ones are sure on the cop out/kiss up side...

I e., some fear what they don't really know for sure what the other fella's about, and in the process forgot what we used to be!

SMH
Villages raising our children together. The head being the non bias mediator. Hearts of the village throwing around love (learned wisdom) securely.

chuck

Aug 9, 2003
Culture and society etc. have changed...

We haven't, if we undervalue our brains, overvalue what our bodies can or do provide us, too...

FYI

chuck

Aug 9, 2003
Villages raising our children together. The head being the non bias mediator. Hearts of the village throwing around love (learned wisdom) securely.
We have been and some are in touch with the present, not fond memories of our ancestors pasts, be it from Mother Africa to extended families in the Americas..

I. e., most of the our distant or present relations live in urban centers, and so our conceptions have to be changed to help us face up to the challenges of the here and now...

FYI

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
I know Black people don't read for the very fact that majority of them go to church every sunday, yet somehow almost all of them don't know that Jesus Christ in the Bible is a man of Color.
Now the questions is why is that? The answer is simple, slavery, for centuries Negroes were not allowed to read or white, they were beaten or put to do death for doing so. It's no surprise that the majority don't read, or to be exact don't read books about their history. Many are afraid of reading about the atrocities and dehumanization of their ancestors, the reading invoke anger and hatred toward white people. They don't like the feeling, some just don't wanna see masa in a bad light. Its the same reason, some will happily go watch the movies Help and the Butler but stays far away 12 Years a slave. It's called Stockholm Syndrome. Though these same people will read things on facebook all day and read World star HipHop and Bossip but are ignorant of who Marcus Garvey is, Ike Turner, or Jesus Christ. Almost 99% of Black people go to Church every sunday, yet to this day the vast majority of them don't know and don't even care to know that Christ is a so called Black man, or a man of Color.

And if you were to dare to tell him that Christ is a Black man, he looks like you, have the same hair texture, same skin color, he is from your own nation, this Black person or Christian will call you racist, some will even fight you. Why? Because Christians don't read the Bible, but are in love with the image of the Beast white Jesus. The answer is because the mind of the Negro have been destroyed since slavery and it needs to be repaired by God's by actually doing what they were forbidden to do reading.

Well said bro. Black-king, but please tell me "Ike Turner" is a typo, for the record, and that you meant to reference "Nat Turner."

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Clarity to pursue my mission in 2020
Destee wrote on Omowale Jabali's profile.
Hi Brother O! YAAAAAY! Good to see you! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year! :heart:
Destee wrote on King Tubbs's profile.
Hi Brother - so good to see you in the house again! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year Beloved! :heart:
Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Sister ... what did you decide? How will we be moving forward? I've been working, I am excited. I Love You! Happy New Year Beloved! :heart:
One-Hundredd wrote on Destee's profile.
Hope you having a happy holidayz