The Front Porch : Why do people dislike reading history?

Just who is it that will gain what, i. e., from what we claim and say via our discussions and debates, here?

As it is, most here don't realize the crisis public education is in the midst of, nor able or willing to realize how much things have changed, etc.?

If I or you or us truly intend to help them, then we have to not talk at and talk to the parents etc. of today's younger black folk...

Unless and until most of you are able and willing to, this also will be my last post on this thread...

FYI

History as portrayed in America as related to Africans has two common misconceptions: Either it is HUMILIATING or FABRICATED.

To go through Public School and not be Humiliated by History is TOUGH. The common effort is to let you think you were nothing before, during or after slavery. Many people are tricked into believing "History" is "Black man and woman are helpless." As 'well-read' as I try to be, I'm not interested in reading anything I believe presents me as helpless.

The other common misconception is that our people are fabricating information. I recall my earlier days of awakening and reading how some things are false and some other things are silly. If I believe something is fabricated, I oftentimes don't read much further.

These two factors are what one should dispel if one wants someone to read a Historical Document.

History as portrayed in America as related to Africans has two common misconceptions: Either it is HUMILIATING or FABRICATED.

To go through Public School and not be Humiliated by History is TOUGH. The common effort is to let you think you were nothing before, during or after slavery. Many people are tricked into believing "History" is "Black man and woman are helpless." As 'well-read' as I try to be, I'm not interested in reading anything I believe presents me as helpless.

The other common misconception is that our people are fabricating information. I recall my earlier days of awakening and reading how some things are false and some other things are silly. If I believe something is fabricated, I oftentimes don't read much further.

These two factors are what one should dispel if one wants someone to read a Historical Document.

Do you have any child presently enrolled in a public school?

If you aren't either a teacher-- and/or have children who are enrolled--your take is bound to be a tad bit dated....

By the way: One of my in laws is a retired teacher....

FYI

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on $$RICH$$'s profile.
$$RUCH. SO COOL.VBRO. WHAT MY bornday. Again. Destee. June. U didn't call. Phone me. I'm loosingbit. In my dopamine euphoria. None stop. I send my new pic. Noylt. Me. That guy. Wears 1x. I wear.b3x. Ok love Destee Fam. Errors I don't care ok. Love
Destee wrote on MANASIAC's profile.
I saw you ... :yaay: ... Welcome Home! ... :flowers:
Back