The Front Porch : Why do people dislike reading history?

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
I just created a great e-book on the African to African-American history. It's a visual story using original fine art engravings and photographs with very little text. I'm finding many don't want to understand or learn the real story in order to improve. Whether a person is black or white, we don't talk about this area of history. I created the book Content of Character at WE4CS and I need voices to help me understand why the topic is taboo; so I can focus my marketing? Thanks.

Thanks for dropping by Destee.com Greg1956, what is WE4CS?

Last edited:

Fine1952

Happy Winter Solstice
Sep 27, 2005
As a rule of thumb, the black collective does not read at all, except maybe bible babble and that notion is usually under the express direction of Pastor Pork Chop or Minister Chicken Wing on Sun/Son Day.

Please read

chuck

Aug 9, 2003
As a rule of thumb, the black collective does not read at all, except maybe bible babble and that notion is usually under the express direction of Pastor Pork Chop or Minister Chicken Wing on Sun/Son Day.

Please read
We're an estimated 44 million plus in the states, so do make your appeal, sans stereotypes ad naseum...

Perhaps, it might be about what else you're selling, and others aren't buying, too...

FYI

skuderjaymes

Contextualizer Synthesizer
Nov 2, 2009
theory to application to discussion to percussion
Occupation
independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
http://www.zyyne.com/zh5/109329#p=0

Looks interesting.. looks worth owning... but you cant expect any significant response from the masses for this kind of work. You been black long enough to know that, as a culture, we run from the past as fast as we can.. looking for something better. The market for this kind of work is Academic. If you want to get this out to the masses you need to change your medium from print to documentary.. put the pictures up.. some background music.. narrate it and drop it on youtube.

candeesweet

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Aug 20, 2010

Please read
I think we been reading and reading ever since they let us. We don't usually stop just like tht. But the folks trying to keep us down will tell the next person a lie about us. I guess it's a chess game.

Josh X Brown

Dec 6, 2013
As Salaam Alaikum!!!

Well I think we don't read our History or teach our children our History because we have forgotten the value of knowing self.

Fine1952

Happy Winter Solstice
Sep 27, 2005
WE created the entire construct of language (eg. reading and writing) b4 they let us.

Speak for yourself as many <<<like me>>> are truly up on top of this reality.

I think we been reading and reading ever since they let us. We don't usually stop just like tht. But the folks trying to keep us down will tell the next person a lie about us. I guess it's a chess game.

Fine1952

Happy Winter Solstice
Sep 27, 2005
:lol: I don't need to sell what has already been written, LOL

We're an estimated 44 million plus in the states, so do make your appeal, sans stereotypes ad naseum...

Perhaps, it might be about what else you're selling, and others aren't buying, too...

FYI

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
I just created a great e-book on the African to African-American history. It's a visual story using original fine art engravings and photographs with very little text. I'm finding many don't want to understand or learn the real story in order to improve. Whether a person is black or white, we don't talk about this area of history. I created the book Content of Character at WE4CS and I need voices to help me understand why the topic is taboo; so I can focus my marketing? Thanks.
What topic exactly is taboo? There are thousands of books on African American history.

At these prices your book may beyond the means of most. Good look though for an ebook.

e-book $12.99 | softcover - $59 pre-publication price | hardcover - $89 pre-publication price
http://wealthecosystems.myshopify.com/products/content-of-character-volume-i

Consciousness Raising Online!

Allow the N Word - yes or no?

• yes

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • no

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • not sure

Votes: 6 42.9%

Latest profile posts

Life is a poem, love is the pen.
Charles Thompson wrote on Enki's profile.
Good evening
Destee wrote on Angela22's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :dance4: ... Welcome Home! So good to have your sweet Spirit in the house! ... YAAAAAAY USSSSS! ... :yaay: :yaay: :swings: ... :heart:
Angela22 wrote on Enki's profile.
I hope all is well with you. Much love.:love:
Destee wrote on Charles Thompson's profile.
Hi Chuck ... is that you?!!! ... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!! ... :yaay: ... I sure hope so! I have thought of you often! If it is not you, sorry for writing on your profile page @Charles Thompson and Welcome! ... :wave: