Black People : Why do our people....

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Nisa, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Nisa

Nisa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    Why do our people want to be laughed at all the time? Would we rather be getting a pat on the back with the laughter of white folks? Is that rediculous stamp of approval higher on the list,than educating ourselves and our people?
    Don't we have a higher purpose than being a white man's jester?

2. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    "Don't we have a higher purpose than being a white man's jester"

I certainly hope so.

3. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    The irony of this, is that several thousand years ago, the roles were switched.

I guess we can't stop that Pendulum from swinging.

PEACE

4. PoeticManifesta

PoeticManifesta Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    white mans jester.. blk mans fool

Well.. i certainly agree with my other two brothers. But it happens that blk ppl entertain Americans so much more than white folk.. as from what i can see.. everyone loves watching blk athlets.. such as t.woods.. jordan..shaq... emmit smith.. even ojay simpson.. to Monique... they all posess the ability to entertain everyone.. no matter what their skin color.. but it seems as though when it comes to entertainment.. white folk can just entertain themselves.. their lame humor is pathetic. And hollywood depends on blk folk.. to provide others with interesting subject matter.. most producers and creative teams according to a survey is made up of minorties.. 52%being black.. it seems our ability to improvise on a dime.. and turn a dollar into 15cents have made us quite a commodity. I dont however think that we should play the jester to white folk by poking fun at "ghetto" america, or "blk folk jokes" make a play on reality.. i think blk ppl can use a satire to make comedy.. but also point to serious issues. Just as G.Orwell did in "Animal Farm".. we can do on comic view.

5. Nisa

Ratings:
    +31

Good points. Excellent :)

6. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    White people love negros that laugh and smile. That's why they love Chris Rock, Magic Johnson, Charles Barkley, Micheal Jordan, Monique and all those other black people that are so happy that the white man threw them some crumbs. They are no threat because they're too busy laughing and smiling and jumping around acting a fool. The more you show that you're not happy and content in this system, the more they don't want you around.

7. Nisa

Ratings:
    +31

[email protected].if you didnt just tell the truth. AND the white man would rather pay us millions to tell a joke than pay us millions after getting out of college with a masters,ph.d or bachelors...because the jokes get old,and we wont be in "power" that long..an education lasts forever...and thats a threat to their existence..

8. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34

Just look around . When you're working at your job, who will get promoted first, the brotha that tells jokes and goes to lunch with the supervisor or manager, and laughs and jokes all day, or the brotha that just does his work, says hi and bye and never goes out to lunch with the manager or supervisor? They want the one that more likely to keep the power in their hands, not the one that might use it for the good of his people. If they don't know that you're willing to sell-out, you'll only go so far with them. If they know you're no threat, the sky is the limit as long as you're willing to get on your knees.