Black Spirituality Religion : Why Do Non Christians Discuss Christianity?

What should peole talk abot?

• Don't talk about religion at all.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Talk only about the religion you believe in.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Talk only about what you have knowledge about.

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Talk about whtever you want.

Votes: 11 73.3%

• Total voters
river said:
Brotha Cedric,

It seems that the teachers you praise the most are the ones you most ignore. I cannot help but think you approach the bible with the same level of ironic propensity to see what you want to see and nothing else. I'm not saying you are a bad person. I just want you to think for a minute.

Oh believe me, I am thinking. I take what Samurai says, and what everyone says, and I give them credit for making a good point, but that does not necessarily mean that I agree with everything they say. When I approach the Bible, I intend to learn what I NEED to learn to be able to become a better DOER the word, rather than a READER of the word (James 1:22).

I Love God, and I am just aimed to do whatever it takes to make it to Heaven, and be glad that I am not on borderline Hell, regardless of what past, present, and future non-christians say and do.

I have beared witness to pastors who use scriptures to get money for a new car, preachers who try to manipulate you into believing what they believe, but that gives me no reason and/or excuse to break up my relationship with God. Instead of finding reasons to give up faith in God, why don't we find reasons to avoid the Devil, and avoid living in the Horrors of Hell. We are in the End Times, and things are only going to get worse, especially for those who have not accepted Christ as their savior. Don't believe me though; just read God's word. Homosexuality, raping, murder, theft; those are signs of the End Times, and only those with faith in Christ will survive. That to me is important. No matter what any Christian or preacher says to me, I still will have my relationship with God.

My advice: If you believe something, do not let other people talk you out of your belief, but at the same time, don't argue with them.

CD

Why Do Non Christians Discuss Christianity?...this is why in part...

If we use the premise that Jesus or Yeshua was an ascended teacher, we can historically and academically see that the teachings of Jesus and the invention of Christendom are two different things. There were hundreds, if not thousands of sects, ascetics, monks, teachers and lay followers of his teachings and other esoteric teachings similar to his before there was an orthodox Christian theology, church or doctrine.

Pauline Christology (basically most of the New Testament) was a particular religious ideology that mystically referenced the teachings of Jesus. The Dead Sea scrolls and the bible prove there were others that were part of this broader spiritual movement, during the supposed time of Jesus life and legacy. That’s why the Dead Sea Scrolls are so protected and the writings were so controversial. The scrolls that make up the books of the bible are the right of anyone to study, who are interested in Afro-Asiatic culture and mythology. One of the most renowned biblical and Middle Eastern scholars John Allegro was an atheist, who lost his faith while translating and decrypting the Dead Sea Scrolls.

Why is it when non-christians discuss the bible they do it in a cynical and sarcastic way? I"m not going around saying atheism is a half baked idea or that ATRs are evil but this is what I hear from non-christians. If I don't believe I'm descendant from a monkey in or that I must practice various African beliefs am I wrong? Why is it that we go from being critics to being hypocrites?

Cedric Denson said:
Oh believe me, I am thinking. I take what Samurai says, and what everyone says, and I give them credit for making a good point, but that does not necessarily mean that I agree with everything they say. When I approach the Bible, I intend to learn what I NEED to learn to be able to become a better DOER the word, rather than a READER of the word (James 1:22).

I Love God, and I am just aimed to do whatever it takes to make it to Heaven, and be glad that I am not on borderline Hell, regardless of what past, present, and future non-christians say and do.

I have beared witness to pastors who use scriptures to get money for a new car, preachers who try to manipulate you into believing what they believe, but that gives me no reason and/or excuse to break up my relationship with God. Instead of finding reasons to give up faith in God, why don't we find reasons to avoid the Devil, and avoid living in the Horrors of Hell. We are in the End Times, and things are only going to get worse, especially for those who have not accepted Christ as their savior. Don't believe me though; just read God's word. Homosexuality, raping, murder, theft; those are signs of the End Times, and only those with faith in Christ will survive. That to me is important. No matter what any Christian or preacher says to me, I still will have my relationship with God.

My advice: If you believe something, do not let other people talk you out of your belief, but at the same time, don't argue with them.

CD

My relationship with God has not been broken up. My relationship with that book which people falsely claim is God's one and only word and my relationship with the organized religion called christianity has broken up.

For many years I have been aware of the possibility that my relationship with christianity as a religion would not last forever. At no time have a doubted God's love for me. Even now after I have left the Church God continues to show his love for me and to surround me with goodness and mercy to no less degree than I had before.

We have shown that christianity's claim to be the only way to peace is false.
We have shown that christianity's claim to be the only way to freedom from substance abuse is false
We have shown that christianity's claim to be the only wy to good behavior is false
We have shown that christianity's claim to be the only way to joy is false
If christianity has prpoven false in the things that can be proven why should I believe them in the things that cannot be proven--such as christianity's claim to be the only way out of hell?

When every reason for believing proves false christians inevitably cling to this religion for fear of hell.

If murder, homosexuality and rape are signs of the end times then we have aleays been in the end time since Cain murdered Able and since Sodom and Gamorrah burned in their desire to rape the two angels whom they thought were men.There is no genertion that did not see signs of the end times.

Deepvoice said:
Why is it when non-christians discuss the bible they do it in a cynical and sarcastic way? I"m not going around saying atheism is a half baked idea or that ATRs are evil but this is what I hear from non-christians. If I don't believe I'm descendant from a monkey in or that I must practice various African beliefs am I wrong? Why is it that we go from being critics to being hypocrites?
That's funny because I hear christians speak such things about atheism and ATRs all the time.

Who said we are descended from monkeys? Please point me to that thread.

The bible is not above criticism. Christians who criticize ATRs for the most part don't even know enough about them to offer an honest critique of them. On the other hand non christians do know enough about the bible to examine its claims. It is because of what we do know about the bible that we have decided against it.

When you have enough knowledge of ATRs and atheism to make a solid case against them you may do so.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back