Black Men : Why do Negroes Fear to Debate Toe to Toe like Black Men?

Discussion in 'Black Men - Fathers - Brothers - Sons' started by Ankhur, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    Black men have been debating each other for thousands of years and from debate both parties learn and grow, so with our history of African debate, what has happened to this generation that some run in fear or run and hide, unable to be challenged and challenge others dispassionalty and unemotionally?

2. MS234

MS234 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,900
    Negroes? I don't think anyone is in fear of debating. I would suggest there is nothing to debate about.
    We don't need a debate on african history, we need to be schooled on the truths of it. Most people don't see debates as a challenge, when you have the challenge of survival at the forefront.

This is NOT 1950 anymore. This is 2012, the digital age. If you want to challenge as you say this generation, the debate on how to stay afloat in this age without compromising your spirit/soul.

I would agree with you that there is something missing, but I disagree that debates are the answer. Just because something went on for thousands of years, still doesn't mean it won't succumb to change at some point and time.

3. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    No one said debates are a solution or answer to anything, but have you ever had debates in JHS or HS? they do strengthen the mind and as said both parties learn from it, their own strengths and weaknesses, check out "The Great Debaters"

it may clarify my point!
    this was in regards to certain issues , and as time goes they will become apparent to you.

4. MS234

MS234 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,900
    I said it's not 1950, then you use great debaters as an example, when that movie is base in circa 1930's. You clarified my point. Time has gone by but it's not apparent to you. Again I agree we NEED to strengthen minds, that goes without saying. But dreaming of yesteryear isn't going to help.
    This amerikkkan educational system is not about strengthening minds, it's about weakening them.

Yes we do need something. I'm just disagreeing that debates are the way. I think we can strengthen minds a million other ways if people are committed. This is the digital age, the age of multimedia. Your great debaters movie is set in a time they didn't even has TV yet.

I agree with your premise, I differ on the manifestation of it.

5. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    this is about a particular matter

that will be apparent to you over time

6. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Excellent points in this digital age. When I come here now I typically am mobile rather than on pc and trying to keep up my mobility. Always try to make time for good discussion but not much time for debate with some here who not really down for making change happen. Too busy to argue, too busy trying to keep things moving forward.

7. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    :eek:I knew a brother who was so afraid

of having his concepts challenged he would hide, until the brothers who talked about politics left, and only those who talked about sports and cognac where there

8. Corvo

Corvo navigator of live MEMBER

United States
    Furniture maker, a sculptor, and fight instructor
    Ratings:
    +1,771
    Personally I hate to debate (argue) with people. I'd rather look up a solution or discuss with others the possible answer to a problem. I have found that people's ego get in the way of an honest debate, and it becomes just a mental exercise.

9. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    I feel the same way brother but you see with the internet, someone can make a statement,and as soon as they log off, folks like to come behind them and make all kinds of wolf tickets, snide remarks and attacks, behavior they would not be involved in when the person is still there to debate them!

The difference between a pure hater and a person with an honest difference of opinion is that the later will stand up to their word, not duck out and play child like grade school games, and then make insinuating remarks and get emotional

10. Corvo

Corvo navigator of live MEMBER

United States
    Furniture maker, a sculptor, and fight instructor
    Ratings:
    +1,771
    Thanks for that, I wasn't seeing that angle on this.