Black Muslims : Why Do Innocent Children Suffer

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......sister noor100,

Although the speaker(s) seems abreast, I tend to disagree with several of his comments; first, Eastern Christianity teaches a physical and spiritual death, and Judaism holds onto the book of Genesis. Its in the book of Genesis we find profound scriptures (3: 15-19, and 22-24) outlaying the concept of original sin, man's fallen nature and depravity; which more than clarifies the world we see around us today.

Peace In,

Brother Clyde we are going to have to respectfully disagree on this one.
The Islamic viewpoint is that human beings are born free of sins.
Every human being is responsible for his own actions and Allah is Just,
Merciful and Forgiving.Allah only ask us for is sincere repentence to be
forgiven.Thus there is no need for Jesus[AS] or anyone else to be sacrificed for us.
I hope this doesn't come across as disrespectful to you.I am not trying to do that.

forgiven.Thus there is no need for Jesus[AS] or anyone else to be sacrificed for us.
I hope this doesn't come across as disrespectful to you.I am not trying to do that.

.......Not a problem sister noor100, I understand, and you could never be disrespectful, never. This is a first I believe, lol; and this disagreement between us is an honorable one. Let me check my Qur'an and get back.

Peace In,

.......And I totally understand the Islamic viewpoint of humans being born free from sin, however, the problem becomes why is there a need to repent of those born pure, and where does evil come from?

The Qur'an shed's some light:

C. 123.--God's Command must inevitably Come to pass...Why then does man Refuse the Truth, except for arrogance? Why does he run after false gods, Thus acting against his own lights And misleading others less blest in knowledge?

Sura XVI: 4
He has created man From a sperm-drop; And behold this same(man) Becomes an open disputer! 2022

2022: Man's physical origin is lowly. Yet do men go back to material things, and neglect or dispute about the highest things in life.

C. 182.--The result of Evil is Evil. So mischief spreads, but God will restore The balance in the End. He did create all things pure, and will purge and purify, As He does the physical world with the Winds.

Sura XXX: Section 5
Mischief has appeared On land and sea because Of(the meed)that the hands Of men have earned, That (God) may give them a taste of some of their Deeds: in order that they May turn back (from Evil). 3556/3557

3556/3657: God's Creation was pure and good itself. All the mischief or corruption was introduced by Evil, viz, arrogance, selfishness, etc. See n. 3541 to XXX 30 above. As soon as the mischief has come in, God's mercy and goodness step in to stop it. The consequences of Evil must be evil, and this should be shown in such partial punishment as "the hands of men have earned," so that it may be a warning for the future and an invitation to enter the door of repentence.

3557: The ultimate object of God's justice and punishment is to reclaim man from Evil, and to restore him to the pristine purity and innocence in which he was created.

(3541): As turned out from the creative hand of God, man is innocent, pure, true, free, inclined to right and virtue, and endued with true understanding about his own position in the Universe and about God's goodness, wisdom, and power. That is his true nature, just as the nature of a lamb is to be gentle and of a horse to be swift. But man is caught in the mashes of customs, superstitions, selfish desires, and false teaching...The problem before spiritual Teachers is to cure this crookedness, and to restore human nature to what it should be under the Will of God.

Sura II: section 4: 36
Then did Satan make them slip From the (Garden), and get them out Of the state (of felicity) in which They had been. We said: "Get ye down, all (ye people), With enmity between yourselves. On earth will be your dwelling-place And your means of livelihood For a time. 52, 53

52, 53: Iblis is apparently the Power of Evil, with the root idea desperateness...the idea of Evil gradually tempting man from a higher to a lower state....Evidently Adam is the type of all mankind, and the sexes go together in all spiritual matters.

Sura XVII Section 7: 62
Iblis ...If Thou wilt but Respite me to the Day of Judgment, I will surely Bring his descendants Under my sway-All but a few. 2252

2252: The power of Evil over man is due to man's limited free-will.

In closing and in my view, we go back to our ancestors logically and genetically.

Peace In,