Why Do Brothers Break The Rules Here?

Discussion in 'Black Men - Fathers - Brothers - Sons' started by Destee, Oct 6, 2004.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Hello Family,

As i consider the many warnings given in this community, regarding personal attacks and disrespect to other Members, they go overwhelming to more Brothers than Sisters. I won't name names, but you all know who you are. As a matter of fact, it's quite rare that we have to ask a Sister not to be disrespectful or to cease from personally attacking others.

I'm trying to understand why this is.

Not only must we warn male Members more often, regarding breaking the rules here ... we (i) must repeat ourselves often, saying virtually the same thing over and over again.

Why do you guys make us (me) go through this?

Do you have no respect for us (me) and the rules here?

Does it have anything to do with the fact that i am a woman and perhaps you don't feel the need to respect me and the rules here. Maybe you believe women are beneath you, and therefore justified in acting the way you do.

Would you be carrying on this way if a Brother ran this site?

Do you take my kindness for weakness?

I do not understand why grown men come into this community, are aware of the rules, reminded of them often ... yet intentionally and consistently break them.

Brothers (and Sisters) please help me understand this if you can.

Thanks.

:heart:

Destee

2. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    Destee, I have issued and apology, and I am sorry that I offended you... It will not happen again... Moving on...

Peace!
    Isaiah

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Thank you Brother Isaiah ... but you are not the only one and i didn't post this thread to call anyone out, but to try and understand the phenomena of what we're experiencing.

I'm not quite ready to move on, as i hope i get some responses to my questions ... but i understand if you wanna ... that's kewl ... and thanks again for your word, it is much appreciated.

:heart:

Destee

4. CarrieMonet

CarrieMonet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15
    I don't have any answer for your question Destee...and of course I know you were primarily asking for a response from the men.

All I want to say is that sometimes what we TRY to say does not ALWAYS come out right in written communication. Each person may read the same post and come away with a different take on it. I know I've been guilty of taking things personally at times...which is why I try to read all posts in a thread before responding to the initial subject matter.

Groups like these will always have highly intelligent, highly opinionated people involved and that requires each member to "step up" to the plate and realize they can not always be RIGHT. Each of us comes from different life experiences that helps us form our own opinions, but we should be mindful that you can't teach, help or inspire someone else by berating or being disrespectful to them.

Understanding where someone else is coming from goes a long way in "BUILDING WITH OUR PEOPLE".

5. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    say, what???????????????

6. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    Destee, got a question for you...

Do you support Black Supremacy or Black Supremacists??? You see, i think that's ugly, and that's why I responded to this guy like that... It is why I responded to another board member like that, because I neither like, nor subscribe, nor believe in such nonsense...

How, Destee, can African people say they've been psychologically freed and enlightened by their absorbtion in, and learning of, their history, and be following the white man's history as if it is a blueprint for themselves and their community???? We are so white, and think that we are so BLACK, that we don't truly know how White we are acting... No, I do not think African people are superior... i think God made all of us, and I don't need Black Supremacy to make me feel good about myself... Just being Black, Being African, makes me feel so wonderful, what more could I want... I don't need nor want to feel superior to anyone... That is the priority of the inadequate, and for them, there is no remedy but to concoct something - anything - to make them feel good about themselves...

Peace!
    isaiah

7. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I'm not Destee...but I believe she would agree with me that the wisest course of action would have been to ask Prophet Chris what he meant by Black Supremacy before you went into full attack mode. I also think Destee doesn't personally subscribe to many discussions which take place on this forum...but she respects people's opinions as long as they are not being disrespectful to other members (which Prophet Chris was not). It is disrespecting others which is the issue here, and a violation of the forum rules!

8. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,383
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

9. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    :sick: your font gives me a headache.