Black Entertainment : Why Do Black Women Love The Character Olivia Pope And The Show Scandal

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by Chinelo, Mar 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chinelo

Chinelo Third Eye Is Always Open MEMBER

Removing LIES And Spreading The Truth
    Ratings:
    +1,633
    What is it about this show that has attracted 8.3 million viewers and gives ABC the kudos to continue on with this utter disgrace of a show. I then watched a few shows to see what the hoopla was about and low and behold I see a Black woman represented as a side piece to the most powerful man in the world, a sitting and acting president of the united states, while he's married. Is this how Black Women like to be represented? Why the huge audience of Black Women to a show as disgraceful as this?

Why is that Black women takes these roles and writes them. Why did Shonda Rhimes come up with a script such as this? Why did Kriss Turner write the script for and produce for the movie "Something New" back in 2006? Why is Lupita Nyongo only recognized and celebrated and awarded by white people for playing a slave? And there's others that I don't care to mention.

There's a theme here that can't be ignored. Is it worth degrading yourself in Amerikkka to only still be second fiddle in the white man's eyes. Kerry Washington is an embarassment to black people all over, so is the show and so is any Black Woman that stoops to this level to make it big.

[​IMG]

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Chess. Once the Queen, the most powerful piece on the board, is captured - "game over." The team (white) opposite the Black is always the aggressor. The white side is the side that moves first and has first move advantage.
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/First-move_advantage_in_chess

Nothing new... just a lil post game scrimmage.

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    The white man with his jedi mind tricks has mastered the art of "killing em softly" and he did it without Roberta Flack providing the soundtrack. He did it through his "you'll be sorry Wood" cinemas that produces images of "last king of scotland" white man, "blind side" and "dangerous minds" white woman, that contrast with "training day" alonzos and the like.

In what has to be the world's most impressive PR campaign ever to happen forever, oyinbo has transformed his image from the earth's most brutal and ruthless human slaughterers, thieves, kidnappers and rapists to the current poster boy for "democracy", humanitarism, humanism, lawfulness and tolerance. As he does this, he continually dupes unsuspecting "others" who have been seduced by all of his "ideals", including human standard for attractiveness. One day, I overheard a Black woman say that someone had the most beautiful blue eyes. I paused and asked internally, "How could a Black person term blue eyes as beautiful" and "What would she know constitutes beautiful blue eyes". The depth of the perversion.

So the "I am human just like you" altruistic oyinbo who amassed his wealth and established his global empire through madness and mayhem is the icon of order, stability and good will and his siren-like message stirs deep in our souls as we strain to but do find what we think are redemptive human qualities. This makes shows like "scandal" all the allure because they is shrouded in darkness, deception, taboo and the potential to be intimate with the one that orders chaos, stabilizes instability and makes doing bad an exercise of good will (power).

4. Asomfwaa

Asomfwaa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,564
    Truth is that Black people prefer seeing Black people more than they do White people; and we watch Television. So sure a Black woman can watch "Friends" and "Seinfeld" and not be degraded; but then she is missing out on seeing one of hers--who made it no less.

It's like asking why do Brothers watch BET or Hip Hop videos. We'd gladly watch Soul Train or Black Power programming but neither are on the air.

Black women watch Black women on TV but White men control the airwaves. We can complain or we can build the necessary infrastructure to broadcast. So far, time after time, we choose the former. Hence why Black Women watch "Scandal."

5. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,137
    The original theme of the show was about a powerful BW who's job it is to get the rich and powerful out of trouble. That was the draw. Now it has been side tracked into the story of her and the prez

6. butterfly#1

butterfly#1 going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,204
    And Black women are not the only ones watching. There's also Black men watching among others.

7. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    True. I watch it sometimes but it's usually over by the time I get home from work.

The one thing about Scandal which virtually no one ever mentions is that it depicts how dysfunctional white people are who are in positions of power.

8. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
  9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Brother Chinelo ... i'm closing this thread because i'm sick of hearing your complaints about Black Women.

Find something other than us to talk about.

If you can't do that ... you won't be able to post here.

:heart:

Destee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.