Black Spirituality Religion : Why do black people follow Christianity?

ru2religious

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 10, 2008
Its kind of Amazing to me when you think about it. Note this is very long as well - those who should read it problem wont - but I felt like writing today anyway so here it is.

The word Christian appears 2 times in whole bible and the word Christian only once. What I find amazing is that they were first called Christians in the book of Acts 11:26 and it wasn't them referring to themselves as Christians but the inhabitants of Antioch made the declaration.

Act 11:26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

Another point that I find amazing is that Jesus always referred to them as disciples if you believe the scriptures. He never once called them Apostles either which are words (Christians & Apostles) that have no root in Yisra`el society according to the old testament/Tanakh - again if you believe the writings. These words didn't originate with jesus yet some people walk around with "WWJD (what would jesus do)" bands on their arms, etc ... not displaying a single attribute of the man that was called jesus if you believe he existed.

Jesus never referred to himself as Christian so why do people who claim to be followers of what Jesus did claim to be as such? Even more importantly if this Jesus figure never called his disciples Christians or Apostles then why do people today call themselves Christians or Apostles - in particular our people?

There are many things that Christians do today that are not a reflection to this figure Jesus and even more importantly if he was real; would be a total disrespect to him. The first and most disrespectful thing that Christians do is not call him by the name that he was actually given. His name was Yashua (Yeheshua) and hes not being called that by Christians which breeds the question(s):

How many people in this forum has gotten upset when you were not properly called by your username? How many people get upset when their first or last name is not being pronounced correctly? Or even worse how many people black folks is okay with a white person calling them (example) 'bill or Sally' when their names are 'Dion or Larisha'?

The first thing people would do in that last instance is stop whoever in their tracks and check them for calling them outside of their name. WWJD is what should be said here. If you kill the name of a person you change who the person really is or was. The movie 'Roots' should have taught us that and whats sticks out even more is the same people 'Romans/Grecian (Christians)' that supposedly killed him are the same that changed his name from Yeheshua to Jesus. Is it not true that the Christians are the same ones that changed our names from Kunta to Toby giving us as they call them 'Christian' names?

Secondly, Jesus is often times referred to as the Messiah or Christ/Christos. These words have different meaning to them which doesn't reflect what Christians teach today. If you don't know - the word Christ comes from the Greek word 'Christos' which in turn comes from the root Greek word 'chrio (G5548)' which literally means 'to rub with oil or to smear with oil'. This word was taken from the word 'Messiah' which comes from the word 'Mashiach' which is 'to anoint or anointed'.

This is an ancient or supposed to be an ancient ritual that is done for the newly crowned kings or high priest of Yisrael. This custom goes back way before Israel as in a letter that was found to be as old as 15 century B.C. (before Christ) in Tell El-Amarna tablets. In a letter from Adad Nirari a king in Nubassi Northern Syria he writes to and Egyptian king letting him know that a past Egyptian king poured oil on his grandfathers head anointing him (grandfather) as king. The reason for this custom which was traditional done in ancient Israel is because the ancient believed that it bestowed magical properties on the King or Priest which enhanced their qualities to preform rituals or being kings.

This is where the word Messiah/Mashiach comes from and literally means. This is where the word Christos/Christ came from an as in the original definition you can see the word Christ means 'anointed' but its root origins comes Chrio which means to swear with oil. Here is the question, did Jesus ever go through this process of the smearing with oil if he was the King of the Jews as they say it or even a High Priest after the order of Melchizedek?

Why of course!!! He was anointed by a woman named Mary which is extremely fun and a blow to Christianity. First women have no place in the churches and must be quite and let the men speak according to Paul. Men are to rule the church houses as Jesus is the head of man and man the head of woman and woman head of children based on the bible. Secondly, according to the Torah/Pentateuch aka 5 books of Moses only the Priest or High priest were able to anoint a king or priest in Hebrew customs - which as you know were men only but Jesus said and this is where the story gets funny.

Mark 14:8
8 She hath done what she could: she is come aforehand to anoint my body to the burying.
Mark 14:9
9 Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached throughout the whole world, this also that she hath done shall be spoken of for a memorial of her.

John 12:3
3 Then took Mary a pound of ointment of spikenard, very costly, and anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped his feet with her hair: and the house was filled with the odour of the ointment.

Now the only time that Jesus was ever anointed was at Bethany which takes me into another direction yet leading to the same point of the thread. I will speak on the Lazarus story as many others have such as Alvin Boyd Kuhn, Gerald Massey, Tom Harpur, and many more ... because it needs to be brought back out in this thread as it has in others.

Jesus was anointed in Bethany which should tell it all. The word Bethany is two words which is 'Beth = House' and 'Any' which can also be spelled 'Anu/Ani/Ano' is an ancient Egyptian city called On in the bible (Genesis 41:45). Yet and still Anu is Ra and Ra is Anu (Anu is Ra. I brought Bethany up aka house of Anu because this is where Jesus said he was from in the bible:

John 8:23
23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

The Greek word for above used in this instance is Ano which is an alternative spelling to the word 'Anu'. This word 'Ano/Anu' was only used 4 times in the New Testament and they all seem to point toward Egypt. In Galatians 4:26 refers to Jerusalem 'where as' Above. The true ancient Greek word for above/over is literally 'Huper'.

Here we will see some of the parallels between the story of Ra and that of Jesus. Gerald Massey pointed out some interesting relations between more ancient writings coming out of Africa from the land of Gebt./Khemet/etc .. He wrote in one of this lectures in concerns to Jesus and Lazarus:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ra is the "timid one who sheds tears in the form of the Afflicted." He
is called Remi, the Weeper. This weeping God passes through "Rem-Rem,"
the place of weeping, and there conquers on behalf of his followers. In
the Ritual the God says:--"I have desolated the place of Rem-Rem." This
character is sustained by Jesus in the mourning over Jerusalem that was
to be desolated. The words of John, "Jesus wept," are like a carven
statue of the "Afflicted One," as Remi, the Weeper. Ra is also the God
who "makes the mummy come forth." Jesus makes the mummy come forth in
the shape of Lazarus; and in the Roman Catacombs the risen Lazarus is
not only represented as a mummy, but is an Egyptian mummy which has been
eviscerated and swathed for the eternal abode. Ra says to the mummy:
"Come forth!" and Jesus cries: "Lazarus, come forth!" Ra manifests as
"the burning one, he who sends destruction," or "sends his fire into the
place of destruction." "He sends fire upon the rebels," his form is that
of the "God of the furnace." Christ also comes in the person of this
"burning one"; the sender of destruction by fire. He is proclaimed
by Matthew to be the Baptiser with fire. He says, "I am come to send
fire on the earth." - Gerald Massey
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alvin Boyd Kuhn wrote:

Could anything be more staggering, then, than the discovery that "Lazarus" is an old Egyptian derivative, which with the prefixing of the Hebrew word "El" for "God," and the Latin masculine terminal -us suffixed to Asar, the original form of the name of Osiris, gives finally El-Asar-us, or Lazarus! So the Christ of Egypt raised from the dead his father Asar, or Osir-is. And this took place at Anu, or (Beth)any.

Before I post anything else that he wrote - I know there is going to be some that will say a play on words and as a matter of fact one has already posted and article which made such an implication but what does the bible say about it or even better yet what does the Greek say about the name 'Lazarus'?

Greek Definition of the name:

G2976
Λάζαρος
Lazaros
lad'-zar-os
Hebrew origin [H499]; Lazarus (that is, Elazar), the name of two Israelites (one imaginary): - Lazarus.

The ancient title for Osiris is 'The God Osiris' or 'Lord Osiris' which brings to his real name which is Asar/Ausar. So then EL-azar is none other then El-Asar which is to say 'The God Asar/Osiris'.

The God Asar had two Sisters just like Lazarus and his sisters name was Isis and Nephtsys. Lazarus had two sisters with one of them being named Mary and other Martha. Isis the sister of Asar real name is Aset or Meri - just like Lazarus sister Mary - but I will allow - Kuhn to explain in further details.

Gerald Massey wrote:

Jesus comes to raise up Lazarus when he has been in the tomb four days, and Martha says, 'Lord, by this time he stinketh.'[535] In the Ritual, when Horus comes to those who are in their cells he utters the words of Ra to raise the dead, and says, as the passage is rendered by Budge, 'I am the herald of his words (his father's) to him whose throat stinketh'; that is, to the sufferer from corruption in the tomb[536].

Isis not only stands or sits at the feet of Osiris, she is the seat personified. She carries the sign of the seat upon her head. Her name of Hes signifies the seat. And Mary, who takes the place of Isis, is described as sitting at the feet of Jesus, whilst Martha is busy working about the house and left serving alone. A further allusion to the Lady of the Seat may be found when Martha heard that Jesus was coming, and went forth to meet him, whilst 'Mary still sat in the house,'[537] thus fulfilling the character of Isis, the seat, or the sitter. There is more than meets the eye in the sign of the seat which is borne by Isis. To sit is also to brood as a bird. Isis as sitter is the brood-hen, the incubator in Annu. Under this type of the sitting-hen she sits at the feet of Osiris to bring him to rebirth. Mary also sat in the house, and kept her seat at the feet of Jesus. Nephthys, the other divine sister in Annu, carries the sign of a house on her head. She is called mistress of the house. She is the benevolent, saving sister. This in the 'history' is rendered by Martha being the housekeeper and by Mary sitting in the house while her sister goes forth to meet the Lord[538]. In Aramaic, Martha denotes the mistress of the house, and Nephthys, one of the two mertae, is the mistress of the house, who carries the house as a symbol in her headdress. The name of Nephthys in Greek represents nebt-hat, the mistress of the house in Egyptian. The two sisters are the merti or mertae, who were the keepers of the double house in attendance upon Horus, or Jesus. They receive the sun-god at his entrance to the mountain in the West, and stand together by him when he issues forth at dawn from Beth-Annu, or Bethany, in the East. The name of the secret shrine in which the mummy-Osiris was upraised by 'the two arms of Horus, Prince of Sekhem' is 'the witness of that which is raised,' or the witness to the resurrection[539]. Those who are present in this scene are 'Osiris, Isis, Nephthys, and Horus the reconstituter of his Father,' and these, as we maintain, are the prototypes or original characters of Lazarus, Mary, Martha and Jesus in the scene of the resurrection in Bethany.

The point I'm making with this:

Our origins is in Africa it was a woman who ordain Jesus or Yashua (whatever) which we come from a matriarchal society and thus it would seem more logical. Bring the Lazarus story into the picture was only right because this is the only mention of Jesus/Yashua (whatever) was ordained as he was. Nevertheless, I will continue forward.

How could our people follow Christianity when they don't do as they are instructed in their book? This is not about Jesus solely - this is about being a Christian period.

Ephesians 5:14-15 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light. 15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,

This reminds me of the Gnostic Bible the removed words from the bible as people see it today.

Adam was put to sleep which is to say that ignorance fell upon him. The word Adam is 'mankind' being males and females. When he bite in this fruit if you will and the god of the bible said if you eat of this tree surely this day you shall die - will Ephesians 5: 14-15 should give you a better understanding of what it was talking about instead of taking the story literally. Its nature if more African then anything else - the book is used by Christians but its not a Christian book.

The book never told you that Jesus was god, the book never told you worship Jesus as god.

I'm just getting started here but I have some computer work I have to get started on so time wont let me go any further.

Nye

Ru2religious

Why is it always about Christianity?

What about Buddhism? Or Why do black people follow Muslim?

Why do black people follow any religion when others believe that we are the gods?

Did you read it or did you just jump the gun and comment because your sick and tired of the Christianity titles?

If you had a read it you would have understand the dynamics of the question - but as I said in the opening lines - those who should read it probably wont which for some reason I can't correct none of the spelling from 'problem' to 'probably'.

Sense you don't have time to read it or like others - I will make it short and sweet.

Our lives here in America or sense we've been here in this country has not taken much time to question why we follow a religion that we were forced, killed, raped and beat into submission into following. Personally I don't think we ask the question enough. When more Muslims get to this forum then you can get at them for a while. Buddhist don't bother nobody - well at least from my knowledge.

Its a question that is hard to get over because its like to 'praising your rapist master' and the more you praise him the more you get raped, but as it may be our people have been raped for so long that we don't know its happening when its happening and so we fight our parents (our traditions) who are trying to save us from this madness on behalf of our rapist and his master.

If you read it before jumping on it as though I'm talking about the bible - then you might get a clearer idea of why I asked what I asked. Its not about beating up Christians its about asking why do we follow its doctrine.

In a rush so spelling is horrific - just like some of my other post but I'm saying just to let people know I realize it - I'm not that good at multitasking - or rush writing.

Nye

Ru2religious

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back