Black Money Business Jobs : Why do black people allow Asians and Arabs to dominate small businesses in their neighborhood?

Discussion in 'Black Money Business Jobs' started by nilevalley, Apr 22, 2016.

1. nilevalley

nilevalley Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +93
    I live in a predominately black city population of about 80,000. There is an troubling aspect to it
    that being I am perplexed about how asians and arabs dominate all the small businesses here. All the corner mom and pops grocery stores, beauty supplies center, dollar stores and service stations are in their hands. :icon5:

I have approach people in the past and asked them why do we let this happen why can't the more
    business enterprising among our black citizens step forward and help build a network of sucuessful
    businesses in our city. The only answer and explanation I have received is "the government gives Arabs and Asians grants they don't do that for blacks"

I am even more perplexed by indifferent answers coming from black folks. Is it true that the governments gives free money asians and arabs so they fly from overseas and invade every
    predominately black district in America? If I sound a little bias well maybe I am because arabs and
    asians don't have blacks best interest at heart when we give our money over to them.

It's all about getting our green,if they saw us true customers the environment of the stores they operate would be in top condition. I have visited in the past, arabs run grocery stores that were
    poorly equipped. The few pieces of produce vegetables instead of laying in a refrigerated shelf
    with a sprinkler system. The vegetables were inside of worn cardboard boxes on top of artificial
    grass.

The air in the store reeked of chlorine and the overall appearance of the place was drab and lifeless. And the prices were too **** high.Usually arabs stores are poorly stocked for a city
    this size. During the winter when major snow storms come in a matter of hours these stores are
    wiped out. In order have an adequate supply of food to sustain your family during the snowstorm
    we have drive to adjoining white towns.

For those who have no cars or because of advanced age or physical problems this is troubling. This isn't the city I was born in. I moved here after marriage. My birth city is predominantely white. I don't recall seeing arabs owning any small businesses before I left there many years ago. White businesses were handled well, because no matter what whites look out for each other very well.

I was surprised after I re-located here after seeing an all black police and fire department( I had never seen a black fireman before arriving here) all black doctors and lawyers, public schools staffed with black teachers and headed by black principals, I was stunned that with all this talent
    we still let cold hearted and greedy arabs asians control our business sectors.

Arabs and asians really don't have our best interest at heart. It's all about literally stealing our
    money from our pockets to finance their expensive homes and cars.

Dr, Claud Anderson came to our area for two summers in a row lecturing to packed auditoriums
    about why blacks should control all businesses in their areas,
    It didn't seem to help since no one is doing anything. Now tell me what's wrong? :huh1:

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    black people suffer oppression that others do not.
    that extends to the ownership mentality. we don't see ourselves as owning things and doing things.
    this oppression and mental slavery is very real.

3. sekou kasimu

sekou kasimu PanAfrikanist Revolutionary MEMBER

United States
    Retired Ironworker
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +864
    Blacks have been indoctrinated and brainwashed to submit to foreign domination and exploitation, by their very own leaders selected for them by whites! Martin Luther King Jr./SCLC were the main culprits!!! Said leaders had been robbed of their history and culture and, consequently, had no confidence in themselves or their people to 'do for self' and build and maintain their own businesses.

4. Caya

Caya Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +19
    Especially the beauty supply stores. Black women know the hair business in and out. I have not seen one beauty supply store owned by a black women or a black man.

5. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,869
    I have to disagree to some extent, Bro. James. Before integration, Black people thrived as business owners and professionals. Blacks purchased from Blacks without signs of animosity or disrespect. It's possible that was because we had little choice to do otherwise. But, we weren't all blue-collar workers, punching a time card slaving away in other people's businesses. So I must reject the notion that Black people don't have an ownership mentality. How do we explain the mega-churches that Black clergy mastermind and get rich from? Oh yeah, Black people do have an ownership mentality.

What I will acknowledge is that Black people, in general, are not of the mindset to want to help each other start businesses and when we try to qualify for business loans from local banks, we are often denied because they claim we're too risky and lack enough investment capital and collateral. We certainly have the financial capacity to help each other if you look at our collective wealth, but we have learned or believe we can't trust each other, that we're thieves and con people always looking for ways to make an easy dollar without working too hard for it.

But still, we do see ourselves owning things--many of us understand economics well enough to know the difference between paying rent and having a mortgage. So we are a community of homeowners.

You're correct though, oppression and mental slavery is very real, but we don't succumb to it 100%. So let's not paint us negatively with a broad brush and deny us attention worthy of acknowledging.

:heart:

6. NNQueen

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,869
    If Black people would stop patronizing Asian and Arab businesses, they wouldn't set up shop in our communities. Economics 101.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  7. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    :SuN013:

8. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    I don't know anyone that dreams of opening a store to sell destruction to his own people.. let them buy their cancer and depression from someone that doesn't care about them at all.. not from me!

9. NNQueen

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,869
    A new report finds that the number of women-owned firms grew 1.5 times the national average, and black women blow that statistic away. :toast:

The number of businesses owned by African American women grew 322% since 1997, making black females the fastest growing group of entrepreneurs in the U.S.

http://fortune.com/2015/06/29/black-women-entrepreneurs/

• Like Like x 1
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  10. blazejay

blazejay Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +165
    Sister, I am thankful that you created this thread, because
    it's a problem that have a lot of reason behind it.
    Through integration it has undermine our community efforts.
    See when they come here they receive free assistance and ect....
    While someone like me they check their color code and drag you and I
    through a lot of bureaucracies and red tape.
    Their focus is on the community, ours is on buying the latest gear.
    They teach their children to produce and build wealth, ours how to
    blow money fast.
    They know how to work and support one another, We gossip, hate, and
    despise one another.
    They know as well as we know that our money need to circulate and stay in the community, but they know like us that we need money from outside the community to help resolve poverty within the community.