Black Relationships : Why Do Black Men Prefer White Or Lightskin Women?

Same thing applies to ugly.

i don't think the right word is ugly, i dont think anyone is ugly. I think the correct terminology would be he or she is unattractive "to me"

when i see men who are metro sexual or just matching too much like they spent a little too much thought into coordinating or a woman over accessorized i find it highly unattractive, artificial, vain, and distasteful, some may like those things, see, and thats the main stream, so to each individual beauty varies.

Actually this is an issue that I normally don't touch at all. However, when I look at this site with the subject matters that seem to me for the strangest reasons to be a preoccupied thought of our people here, when it shouldn't be, I simply felt the need to address it. Furthermore, when I look out in the world and see the overwhelming influence of "so called black men" that the media keeps pushing in the faces of our young as if they are some kind of role model to be emulated all because they have a white woman, bling, cars and all the other non-essential garbage that isn't aiding or elevating us as a people....I knew I couldn't leave this alone. Our young are attracted to 50 cent, Dr. Dre, Puss Daddy, Baby Wayne, Nikki Minage and a whole lot of them that you and I both know are sending the wrong messages, images and everything else into the impressionable minds of our young...and if we on some level or another are not addressing it then it goes unchecked.
IMO, it is unlikely that you can change peoples preferences by chastising them for having preferences. If a Black man prefers a White or lightskin woman, do you truely believe that you can change that preferrence by criticising that preference. I mean if your goal is to effect change, you have to realize that criticizing ones preferences or attempting to claim that they are less Black than the next Black guy is a definate way to alienate as oppose to unify. The only effective way to change someones preferences is to show them the benefits of what you want them to choose and allow them to choose of their own free will. As Sir Walter Reliegh said "A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still"

So you are not going to shame a man into changing his preferences. You are not going to chastise him into changing his preferrences. You are not going to force him into changing his preferences. The only real option you have is to convince him that what you have is better, in his best interest, or more desirable.

So, if your goal is elevating us as a people, IMO your best results would be gained from giving our people a vehicle inwhich they can use to elevate themselves as well as others to obtain the things and preferences they seek. If you try to govern their preferences you are a communist who is restricting their freedom. If every Black man in America had absolute freedom to be what he wanted to be, fairness in the legal system, equity in education, was treated with total equality, etc. there would still be people like you, Chinelo, James, Blacklioness, etc who were trying to strip that freedom away and make them subordinate to your will, your preferences, your values, your ideologies.

With a trillion dollar spending capital, we as a people don't own a **** thing ! When I asked myself why is that, I knew that the answer was in the consciousness of those who have all this money and in the idea that we are not educating our own people so that they could possibly see themselves and our people as they should.

This has nothing to do with rather Black men prefer White or lightskin Women. It's not the Black men with White or lightskin women who are keeping Black men in prison, making them make babies out of wedlock then abandon them, making them devalue education. Furthermore, do you think when a man chooses a wife that her skin tone or race is the primary factor??? IMO, your desire and efforts to turn our trillion dollar spending capital into ownership of something significant would be better spent on presenting the big picture or "vision" for where we want to go as a people inspiring our people to take personal steps toward moving that way as a collective people.

As long as we co-exist with White people there WILL BE IR's and as long as there are IR's, there will be light skinned Black people. This fact does nothing, one way or the other, to help nor hinder our progress. If we have no clear vision for were we are going and that collective vision is not known by every Black man, woman, and child, we have no direction and no vehicle for achieving any specific objective.

The Afrakan organization I'm a part of called "Waset Communivesity" here in Newark have just finished producing our own honey from the bee farms we have. Now we are about to begin farming our own talapia fish. I advocate everything you mentioned with a slight twist to it...I want them to take that talent and ability back home to Afraka where they can do it, teach it and move better without all these white restrictions and where they will be welcomed as they begin to aid our people who really want to be and need to be reached out to.

The fact that you are a part of a group that is actually doing something brings my respect for you to a whole different level. I respect ACTION. I respect people of action. I respect people who call themselves Black Nationalist who are DOING things that Black Nationalist should do. I respect Afrocentric people who take actions towards moving to Africa. I think all others are fake. If ones actions don't match their talk, they, IMO are fake.

Today is the first time I have heard of your community. I don't question its existance, I believe you on it. I do, however, believe that your efforts to sway someones preferences would be better spent promoting the benefits of your community and the great work you might be doing. Sharing with your target audience the vision that you hold for our people. If you can sell us on your vision, your preferences will probably soon mirror those that you want to convince.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back